• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Short Story: Festival's End(Satoshi x Serena)

Bloodstained

Wannabe Shadow
Reaction score
This story takes place within my own timeline, an alternate to the anime. Both humans are around fourteen years old.

Satoshi loved Kantou festivals and the prospect of attending one was never a problem. It was the fact that Serena had wanted to try making it traditional and wearing yukatas there that threw him off. It wasn’t her fault, but he never really liked wearing a yukata. During the few occasions he did, it always seemed too restricting and there was the feeling there was something expected of him whenever he wore one. Not to mention that many of the other males his age just wore Western clothing. He felt somewhat uncomfortable most of the night.

The moon shone brightly down on the pair as made it to an isolated spot outside the festival grounds. Satoshi slumped down on a nearby tree. His Pikachu Kiba hopped off his Trainer’s head and climbed up the tree. Serena and her Fokko Brigitte stood looking down at him for a moment.

“You okay, Satoshi-kun? You’ve been looking anxious all night,” she asked with a slight frown. “Didn’t you enjoy the festival?” Satoshi sighed heavily.

“I did, Serena-chan, but…”

“But…” Serena repeated moving closer to Satoshi’s face.

“...It would’ve been better without the yukata,” he responded. “I don’t know, I never really liked them. Makes everything feel kinda forced, you know?” Serena then sat down as Brigitte joined Kiba.

“I wasn’t trying to force anything on you. I just thought it might be fun trying something different. How come you didn’t say anything?” Satoshi shrugged and turned away.

“I, uh, didn’t want to upset you…” Serena could see Satoshi’s cheeks grow a light pink tinge. Hers began to match and she smiled.

“Sweet as that is, you could’ve said no. I’m fine with whatever you wanted.” Serena then started laughing. Satoshi turned around to meet her eyes.

“What’s so funny?”

“Well, I really only wanted to wear this for the experience. After walking around like this all night, it hasn’t really been my favorite outfit, either.” Satoshi glared at her for a few seconds, feeling he did this for nothing. He then realized Serena felt his pain and began laughing alongside her. Kiba and Brigitte watched all of this with absolute amusement. Their Trainers’ laughter went on for about a minute before subsiding. “Hope this doesn’t feel weird, but do you mind if I get rid of this thing?” Satoshi’s eyes widened while Serena rolled hers. “It’s okay, I had another outfit under this.” True to her word, Serena removed her yukata revealing a red tank and skirt. “Sorry, I couldn’t go the whole night without a backup.”

“Funny you should say that,” Satoshi responded with a grin. He also disrobed, wearing a black T-shirt and shorts afterwards. “You’re not the only one who thought ahead.” Serena moved closer to Satoshi, putting her hand on his shoulder and then her head. “I wasn’t expecting this, though.”

“All that walking around tired me out. Is this okay with you?” Satoshi didn’t say anything. He let Serena continue to rest on him as Kiba and Brigitte hopped down to join them in their Trainers’ laps. “I’ll take that as a yes.” Eventually, the pair both fell asleep, their hands drifting down to clasp one another until the morning.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom