• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shortchanged Legendaries

Most Underused/Misused Legendary in the Anime?

• Ho-oh

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Celebi

• Groudon & Kyogre

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deoxys

• Cresselia

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Heatran

• Total voters

SammyW27

Reaction score
In almost each Generation, there's a Legendary Pokémon who gets the short end of the stick who doesn't get a movie or major storyline and/or is fairly underwhelming.

This thread discuss the poor dopes who were woefully underused/misused in the Show/Movies and vote for the most screwed over of them.

I'll start by voting for Kyogre & Groudon. They barely appeared in "their" movies, the episodes featuring them were among the series worst :dead:

Not far behind is Ho-oh, who's done more as a Pokeball summon in the Super Smash Bros. games than it has EVER done in the TV Show.

Step up ya'll. Time to vent.

Last edited:
Where is Arceus? No God should have gotten the treatment he did. If rayquaza could blow up a meteor, then there's no way arceus couldn't have.

Where is Arceus? No God should have gotten the treatment he did. If rayquaza could blow up a meteor, then there's no way arceus couldn't have.

Oh crap, you're right! :banghead: (Go figure that the God of Pokeworld would be vulnerable to the series' mascot :-|)

Sorry, I didn't think about him at the time :-(

Last edited:
I feel that Ho-Oh and Cresselia were shortchanged the most. Both didn't have major movie appearances, and there wasn't too much major roles that they had in the anime. Except for Ash spotting Ho-Oh, and the discussions about it. Cresselia had one major episode where it appeared in the end, but there wasn't much after that.

Heatran or Cresselia. Heatran only got the ranger ep as far as I know and Cresselia... it got one ep with Darkrai, did it not? I did not watch the whole ep so...

why is Deoxys an option? he was treated excellently

Because I'm not a big fan of him lashing out because he's confused and lonely and then stops when he finds a friend 2 stories in a row (especially in that AG 2-parter). Like his third appearance, but when I enjoy a cameo over two featured roles, that's a problem...

Heatran or Cresselia. Heatran only got the ranger ep as far as I know

She also appeared in Movie 12...which completely treated her like a commoner. Heck, there was one in the first episode of the Sinnoh League in the background belonging to a random trainer.

Cresselia... it got one ep with Darkrai, did it not? I did not watch the whole ep so...

Yes. One ep that would've worked (a lot) better if it had been a two parter. Heck, she was only in half the episode, the "battle" between her and Darkrai was short, dull, and anti-climatic (even Groudon & Kyogre though it sucked), and any Legendary that gets captured by the TRio (especially the DP version) loses points big time...

It's also awkward & askew that she got to show off more moves as a stage hazard in Super Smash Bros. Brawl than here...

Last edited:
If it's okay, I think I'll revive this because Movie 18 has got me thinking about the subject again.

Shot, maybe it'll help some of them.

(Though it seems that poor Ho-Oh is forever doomed not to play any kind of decent role :-( )

Heatran got no less than it deserved. I approve of the decision not to treat it as a legendary in the anime.

Back
Top Bottom