• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Should Ash train Jigglypuff?

Should Ash train Jigglypuff?

• Yes, I would love to see Ash as Jigglypuff's trainer

• No, Have someone else train Jigglypuff

• No, Jigglypuff should remain wild

• I'm not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

owenpeterson

Reaction score
Throughout Kanto, The Orange Islands, Johto, and part of Hoenn, Ash and his friends had been followed around by a Jigglypuff that they helped regain it's voice. So I was thinking, If Ash has been encountering Jigglypuff for quite some time, how would it be if Ash wound up catching Jigglypuff? What would their relationship be? How good would Jigglypuff be in battle?

If not Ash, then what about any of his friends? Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, etc.

Or nobody should train it.

Could you imagine Ash training Jigglypuff?

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
No, because we haven't actually seen that Jigglypuff since early-mid Hoenn.

Shadao

Pikachu's Global Adventure
Reaction score
No. If I must, then it would be for Serena since she is all in for performing on stage (which is perfect for Jigglypuff).

Poke Trey

23 now!
Reaction score
I think it's better for Serena because it looks more contest/showcase-based than i actually see it used for battling to be honest.

Hidden Mew

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't really see the point in anyone capturing Jigglypuff to be honest. We haven't seen it since AG, which was over ten years ago at this point, and Jigglypuff should be easily able to find someone to listen to its song now. There are abilities and moves that allow Pokemon to not be affected by moves like Sing, so Jigglypuff's goal should be accomplished now. I can't really see it working with any of the characters. It would be too focused on itself and being the star to really share the spotlight with someone else. It could perform well in Contests and Showcases potentially, but I don't think it would have clicked well with May, Dawn or Serena's teams.

Blockhead Pippi

North America's only Pippi fan
Reaction score
I think people are misreading the OP's context. I don't think they're saying what would happen if Jigglypuff returned and was caught, I think they're actually saying "What if someone caught it when Jigglypuff was around." It's a theoretical question.

I haven't seen all episodes in which Jigglypuff was featured, but I would imagine it would be one of those Pokemon that would end up at Oak's lab and not used very often, like Kingler, Muk and Tauros. Maybe Ash might keep it longer just for the sake of more gags being written in, since Jigglypuff was clearly there for comedy-relief. I think the Pokemon would better suit Misty though, just cause she seems like the type who would find it appealing. She did once wanted to catch a Clefairy.

owenpeterson

Reaction score
I think the Pokemon would better suit Misty though, just cause she seems like the type who would find it appealing. She did once wanted to catch a Clefairy.

Good point. Misty may be a Water Pokemon lover and a tomboy, but it's been well documented that she does have a thing for feminine/cutesy Pokemon, and Jigglypuff falls under that category.

Arceus the Dragon

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Jigglypuff doesn't fit with Ash in my opinion. It should go to one of his companions.

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Good point. Misty may be a Water Pokemon lover and a tomboy, but it's been well documented that she does have a thing for feminine/cutesy Pokemon, and Jigglypuff falls under that category.
Though I can imagine Jigglypuff getting jealous of Togepi always being carried around by Misty...

Anything that could have reduced the amount of fillers in Johto is fine by me.

Moe

Reaction score
I'd hope that by now it is evolved and working in a Pokemon Center.

Lillie

Get in the bag Nebby
Reaction score
I think it should stay as a wild Pokemon or captured by either Misty (because it has a short temper like her) or Serena (because she likes to perform and I think she would fit well in Serena's team.

ii kanji

Eternally misleading
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Awwwwwwwwww, I love love love this mon, can it please make a return the anime?

During Kanto the two things I was crazy about were Misty and Jigglypuff and I would have given anything for her to catch it. But with the gift of hindsight I think the beauty of it was in not knowing when it would show up and who it would screw over, so I'd rather have it remain wild.

sc190191

more afraid of you
Reaction score
I agree I would love to see this Jigglypuff return, at least as a small nod at old fans. I think Misty did want to catch it (and even battled it) in their first encounter, but after that the whole crew developed a sort of fear of it because it would make them fall asleep at such inopportune times. I am glad it wasn't caught by anyone, as it was funny as a side character, but may have been too much in large doses. Also it would have been difficult to train. With Jigglypuff's moveset being better in the Gen VI world, it would be a more interesting Pokemon to train today, but that particular Jigglypuff was just not well suited for any of the trainers in the main cast.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Top Bottom