• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Ash train Jigglypuff?

Should Ash train Jigglypuff?

• Yes, I would love to see Ash as Jigglypuff's trainer

• No, Have someone else train Jigglypuff

• No, Jigglypuff should remain wild

• I'm not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

owenpeterson

Reaction score
Throughout Kanto, The Orange Islands, Johto, and part of Hoenn, Ash and his friends had been followed around by a Jigglypuff that they helped regain it's voice. So I was thinking, If Ash has been encountering Jigglypuff for quite some time, how would it be if Ash wound up catching Jigglypuff? What would their relationship be? How good would Jigglypuff be in battle?

If not Ash, then what about any of his friends? Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, etc.

Or nobody should train it.

Could you imagine Ash training Jigglypuff?

No, because we haven't actually seen that Jigglypuff since early-mid Hoenn.

No. If I must, then it would be for Serena since she is all in for performing on stage (which is perfect for Jigglypuff).

I don't really see the point in anyone capturing Jigglypuff to be honest. We haven't seen it since AG, which was over ten years ago at this point, and Jigglypuff should be easily able to find someone to listen to its song now. There are abilities and moves that allow Pokemon to not be affected by moves like Sing, so Jigglypuff's goal should be accomplished now. I can't really see it working with any of the characters. It would be too focused on itself and being the star to really share the spotlight with someone else. It could perform well in Contests and Showcases potentially, but I don't think it would have clicked well with May, Dawn or Serena's teams.

I think people are misreading the OP's context. I don't think they're saying what would happen if Jigglypuff returned and was caught, I think they're actually saying "What if someone caught it when Jigglypuff was around." It's a theoretical question.

I haven't seen all episodes in which Jigglypuff was featured, but I would imagine it would be one of those Pokemon that would end up at Oak's lab and not used very often, like Kingler, Muk and Tauros. Maybe Ash might keep it longer just for the sake of more gags being written in, since Jigglypuff was clearly there for comedy-relief. I think the Pokemon would better suit Misty though, just cause she seems like the type who would find it appealing. She did once wanted to catch a Clefairy.

I think the Pokemon would better suit Misty though, just cause she seems like the type who would find it appealing. She did once wanted to catch a Clefairy.

Good point. Misty may be a Water Pokemon lover and a tomboy, but it's been well documented that she does have a thing for feminine/cutesy Pokemon, and Jigglypuff falls under that category.

Jigglypuff doesn't fit with Ash in my opinion. It should go to one of his companions.

Good point. Misty may be a Water Pokemon lover and a tomboy, but it's been well documented that she does have a thing for feminine/cutesy Pokemon, and Jigglypuff falls under that category.
Though I can imagine Jigglypuff getting jealous of Togepi always being carried around by Misty...

Anything that could have reduced the amount of fillers in Johto is fine by me.

Awwwwwwwwww, I love love love this mon, can it please make a return the anime?

During Kanto the two things I was crazy about were Misty and Jigglypuff and I would have given anything for her to catch it. But with the gift of hindsight I think the beauty of it was in not knowing when it would show up and who it would screw over, so I'd rather have it remain wild.

I agree I would love to see this Jigglypuff return, at least as a small nod at old fans. I think Misty did want to catch it (and even battled it) in their first encounter, but after that the whole crew developed a sort of fear of it because it would make them fall asleep at such inopportune times. I am glad it wasn't caught by anyone, as it was funny as a side character, but may have been too much in large doses. Also it would have been difficult to train. With Jigglypuff's moveset being better in the Gen VI world, it would be a more interesting Pokemon to train today, but that particular Jigglypuff was just not well suited for any of the trainers in the main cast.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom