• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Bulletproof block "Moonblast" and more?

What else should Bulletproof block?

• new ice type move

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new bug type move

• new fairy type move

• new flying type move

• new fire type move

• -new dragon type move

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pokémon with Bulletproof are not affected by ball and bomb moves, as well as some cannon-based and blast-based attacks. (what about "shot"? projectiles, you need a shot if you want a canon or a blast)

what about Gunk Shot , Mirror Shot and Anchor Shot
?
japanese Dust Shoot, dex description and name suggest it shout get blocked like Rock Blast.
Mirror shot is energy, but whats Aura Sphere then?

If something gets "shot" its like a projectile for me.

(Searing Shot is blocked)

I would even add rollout and steam roller to that list taking that gyroball is beeing blocked.
Pin missile should be blocked from the start taking what missiles are.
And then Chesnaught and Kommo-o rises.
I cant wait till other pokemon get this ability could see a mega water starter with this.
Also i could see bug, steel , dark, ghost even fairy with this ability.

could bulletproof block in future Zing Zap?

Dex entry:
"A strong electric blast crashes down on the target, giving it an electric shock. This may also make the target flinch."

its japanese name is Shocking and Prickly but it works similarry to gyroball like in the anime we have seen.

ok rised the amount of votes to 11.

So, Bulletproof... - Pokemon X Message Board for 3DS - Page 2 - GameFAQs

Last edited:
Pokémon with Bulletproof are not affected by ball and bomb moves, as well as some cannon-based and blast-based attacks. (what about "shot"? projectiles, you need a shot if you want a canon or a blast)
The cannon and blased-based moves are literally just ball and bomb moves. Shot projectiles are completely different
japanese Dust Shoot, dex description and name suggest it shout get blocked like Rock Blast.
Still not a ball or bomb move. It's just something thrown
Mirror shot is energy, but whats Aura Sphere then?
Aura Sphere is Wave Bomb in Japanese, as I had said already. Mirror shot is just Mirror shot in Japanese. Shot moves are not ball or bomb moves
(Searing Shot is blocked)
Because it's called flame bomb in Japanese...
I would even add rollout and steam roller to that list taking that gyroball is beeing blocked.
Rollout is Roll in Japanese. Steamroller is Hard Roller in Japanese. And Gyro Ball is Gyro Ball in Japanese. If the Japanese name specifies a ball or bomb move, then it's blocked. Neither Rollout nor Steamroller does, so it doesn't deserve to be blocked
Pin missile should be blocked from the start taking what missiles are.
Pin Missile is Missile Needle in Japanese. It has nothing to do with ball or bomb moves, and if you want to say a missile is a bomb, well they both have completely different properties and uses, if you stay up-to-date with current events
could bulletproof block in future Zing Zap?
No. Just look up it's Japanese name, I'm tired of writing the same thing over and over again.
its japanese name is Shocking and Prickly but it works similarry to gyroball like in the anime we have seen.
Do not apply anime logic to game logic. They are two completely separate things, the anime is an artist's depiction and not what happens in the game.
If it only could block Draco Meteor or a powerfull dragon move.
Same thing I said previously, just look up the Japanese name

Remember, in order for it to be blocked by Bulletproof, it has to have the word "ball" or "bomb" somewhere inside the Japanese name. If it doesn't then it is almost guaranteed to never be blocked by bulletproof

I'm not trying to sound rude, but please just keep this thread dead. There really isn't anything new to add on to it.

Edit: Ok I apologize with the rude remark that I had made. I was just frustrated that you didn't understand what I was saying, and I should probably try to just calm down first.

Last edited:
Same thing I said previously, just look up the Japanese name

Remember, in order for it to be blocked by Bulletproof, it has to have the word "ball" or "bomb" somewhere inside the Japanese name. If it doesn't then it is almost guaranteed to never be blocked by bulletproof

I'm not trying to sound rude, but please just keep this thread dead. There really isn't anything new to add on to it.

some cannon-based and blast-based too, that info is also legit.

Guys, please stop the arguing. The thread is meant to be a fun discussion; there's no need to be rude or shutting people down.
I'm not really trying to fight. He's asking whether something works or not and I'm just saying no...

But yeah, you're still right. Imma just try to keep my cool

Did you read my whole post?

yes i did, but i think there is lack of consequence in the realization.

But its harder to manage it becuse its not like with fire moves and flash fire and water moves and water absorb,dry skin and the third that rises sp. stats.

I hope only some will get in future added to that list. If something is bulletproof then shards, missiles and some shots should also not be a problem.

Maybe its ball and blast moves, but if they added canon based ones, then some other makes no problem for them and would only boost the ability itslef and the pokemon having it.

Last edited:
I hope only some will get in future added to that list. If something is bulletproof then shards, missiles and some shots should also not be a problem.
I feel like any shard, missile, and shot moves will be under the ball/bomb moves, so probably yes, they'll be blocked by Bulletproof.

I want Bulletproof to have a better use, judging how there is a pretty limited number of moves it blocks and Pokemon that has Bulletproof

I want Bulletproof to have a better use, judging how there is a pretty limited number of moves it blocks and Pokemon that has Bulletproof
do you think that past gen pokemon like Rhydon,Rhyperior and Marowak could get in instead of Reckless and Battle Armor or should other pokemon with lack of secondary and hidden ability get it? Donphan?Golisopod?armaldo line? Like Sammuotr ? Empoleon?
maybe a new bug/fighting pokemon with it?

Weird that they didnt do more users, it feels like they have saved it for a new mega evolution.
If so hope it will be a starter.

Last edited:
do you think that past gen pokemon like Rhydon,Rhyperior and Marowak could get in instead of Reckless and Battle Armor or should other pokemon with lack of secondary and hidden ability get it? Donphan?Golisopod?armaldo line? Like Sammuotr ? Empoleon?
maybe a new bug/fighting pokemon with it?
They rarely change the abilities of Pokemon, the only one that I know is Levitate Gengar to Cursed Body Gengar. Rhyperior, probably, though that wouldn't help it's placement in its tier, and Solid Rock is better for it. I don't think Marowak will get it, either, nor any other Pokemon you mentioned. I think Aegislash, but Aegislash already has a unique ability that most likely won't be changed.

I think Aegislash, but Aegislash already has a unique ability that most likely won't be changed.
maybe a new steel/ghost pokemon could get it? make it have Bulletproof and Levitate or something ? could be based on a walking knight armor?

I say that if Bulletproof is immune to words that entail "Ball" and "Bomb," then they should certainly resist moves that include "Shot." One way or another, something is being fired at them with the specific wording of a shot, as-in a gun, or cannon, or form of projectile, and a shot certainly warrants proofing than a hunk of green Energy Ball.

I say that if Bulletproof is immune to words that entail "Ball" and "Bomb," then they should certainly resist moves that include "Shot." One way or another, something is being fired at them with the specific wording of a shot, as-in a gun, or cannon, or form of projectile, and a shot certainly warrants proofing than a hunk of green Energy Ball.

Gotta remember this is a game translated from Japanese and most of these moves aren't translated perfectly or even similarly, so not every move makes sense in both languages. That said, just basing which moves are blocked purely on the words, "ball", "bomb", or "shot" is a bit tricky. I mean, should "Spit Thread" be blocked by Bulletproof because it's called "String Shot" in English?

Gotta remember this is a game translated from Japanese and most of these moves aren't translated perfectly or even similarly, so not every move makes sense in both languages. That said, just basing which moves are blocked purely on the words, "ball", "bomb", or "shot" is a bit tricky. I mean, should "Spit Thread" be blocked by Bulletproof because it's called "String Shot" in English?

In that case, then they should've really altered the text of Bulletproof to denote it blocks words with 'Ball,' given the fact that I'm guessing Shadow Ball is Shadow Bomb in JPN.

String Shot is a status move, so I doubt it would be affected anyway.

In that case, then they should've really altered the text of Bulletproof to denote it blocks words with 'Ball,' given the fact that I'm guessing Shadow Ball is Shadow Bomb in JPN.

String Shot is a status move, so I doubt it would be affected anyway.

Shadow Ball is the same in Japanese, and they worded it specifically for the reason that it's moves that resemble a ball or bomb in that sort~

Protects the Pokémon from some ball and bomb moves.

Bullet seed?
Flame wheel? I understand this one a little... a wheel is not a ball...

maybe if they create a new ability like Ram-proof then they could block:
tackle, head, slam, recoil frontal moves, frontal attacks where Flame wheel, aerial ace, brave bird, flare blitz, Head smash, flame charge, aqua jet could get blocked and give something like this too Chesnaught and other pokes in future?

also Slash-proof (claw, fang, razor, slash, cut, shuriken, sword, saber, and other) should be posibble inn future...

imagine ice/???, rock/fighting, ghost/fighting, and others with this kind of abilities?

Now we could discuss if Snipe Shot, Water gun, Dragon Darts(exploding missiles), Grac Apple should be addet to that list...

I only can say that Rock wrecker , Bulletseed and Ocatazooka dex entries say a lot about moves generaly...

Gen 8 dissapointed me a little by no adding more moves to that list.

Good that we got atleast Pyro Ball but would love them to add more... taking that flashfire, water absorb and others take on more moves generaly.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom