• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Bulletproof block "Moonblast" and more?

What else should Bulletproof block?

• new ice type move

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new bug type move

• new fairy type move

• new flying type move

• new fire type move

• -new dragon type move

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
- you have 5 votes

Reason:
-The shape of the moon is that of an oblate spheroid, meaning it has the shape of a "ball" that is slightly flattened.

Even if its a Force it looks in the anime and game the same way like Aura Sphere and Focus Blast+ moon is round.

- Flame "Burst"

Military.
  1. the explosion of a projectile, especially in a specified place:
    an air burst.
  2. a rapid sequence of shots fired by one pull on the trigger of an automatic weapon:
    A burst from the machine gun shattered all the windows.
Do you see more current moves fiting this description?

Last edited:
The moves Magnet Bomb and Mind Blown come to mind. Otherwise, I’m not sure.
magnet bomb is already blocked, mind blown is in japanese "surprised mind" I dont know if, but we got 2 legendary moves blocked already from victiny searing shot and latias mist ball, would want more moves used by "all" pokemon then only legendaries.

magnet bomb is already blocked, mind blown is in japanese "surprised mind" I dont know if, but we got 2 legendary moves blocked already from victiny searing shot and latias mist ball, would want more moves used by "all" pokemon then only legendaries.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know Magnet Bomb was included! Also, I was thinking of Mind Blown due it involving an explosive projectile.

Anyways, I just thought of some other non-legendary options: Water Pulse and Beak Blast. I think those definitely fit under that category. One move I'm on the fence about including would be Hyper Beam.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know Magnet Bomb was included! Also, I was thinking of Mind Blown due it involving an explosive projectile.

Anyways, I just thought of some other non-legendary options: Water Pulse and Beak Blast. I think those definitely fit under that category. One move I'm on the fence about including would be Hyper Beam.
Beam? not so much, Barrage is included, Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, some poison and one ghost, but the list could be bigger seeing how many moves are blocked by Flash Fire, ghost immunity and other types and abilities.

but the list could be bigger seeing how many moves are blocked by Flash Fire, ghost immunity and other types and abilities.
I really think you're selling the ability short, you do realize that it already blocks some very common/popular moves like Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Aura Sphere, and Seed Bomb, right? That's a pretty impressive collection on its own. I'm talking quality over quantity.

The only thing I'd add on would be Flash Cannon. Beam moves like Ice Beam and Hyper Beam; I do feel like that's pushing it a bit. I wouldn't count on a bulletproof vest to stop big lasers.

impressive collection on its own. I'm talking quality over quantity.
also but the moon is round like a ball.

+ grass/fighting and dragon/fighting dont get natural immunities and could get a little more seriously in Bulletproof.

Count amount of moves blocked by other abilities and regular immunities.

I’m not sure why Moonblast should be blocked since essentially it’s a beam of light and not a ‘blast’ in the traditional sense.

Description
"Borrowing the power of the moon, the user attacks the target. This may also lower the target's Sp. Atk stat."

they could make it a ball move taking how it is portraided in the anime. Is their any reference thats a beam or blast or something in its in game decription? no, thats why they could change it like those other ones they added in gen 7.

+look like they made the move look in the anime :

Orbs are rather balls then beams...

Sylveon spreads its feelers wide open, and an image of the moon appears behind it. It then forms an orb of pink energy in front of its mouth, and fires it at the opponent.

Gardevoir gathers energy from the moon. It then forms an orb of pink energy in front of its hands, and fires it at the opponent.

Last edited:
Borrowing the power of the moon, the user attacks the target. This may also lower the target's Sp. Atk stat.
"Power of the moon". That's more energy based than actual physical form, so it's more of an aura and pulse move.
You can argue that Moonblast is a ball move, but Bulbapedia doesn't put it that way
Category:Ball and bomb moves - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
notice how Bulletproof is immune to all those moves, and only those moves. I highly doubt Moonblast will be classified as one of those moves in the future, but I do see other ball/bomb moves coming soon.

Last edited:
I do see other ball/bomb moves coming soon.

Ok I know that. We can dream... but focus blast, aura sphere also are blocked.
hope too (especially fire, fairy, bug (bug bomb-burn effect?) and un used types that are SE on those pokemon that have it) and more Bulletproof users also(maybe old pokes like rhydon or its evo could get one too).

It should be noted that Aura Sphere and Focus Blast are called Wave Bomb and Fighting Spirit Bullet, respectively, in Japan, which is why they are ball and bomb moves. Moonblast is Moon Force in Japanese, which is not a ball or bomb move.
yes, forgot those names, but fairies, pixies, trolls and other fable creatures could get something similar.

...Where did you switch to Soundproof and Sonic Boom? They're not mentioned anywhere else on the thread.

And it's not considered a sound move. It doesn't bypass Substitute, and its description doesn't even mention sound.

but in the name is "sonic"... it refers to sound... if there are rules there should be something done right.

but in the name is "sonic"... it refers to sound... if there are rules there should be something done right.
BW on definition: The target is hit with a destructive shock wave that always inflicts 20 HP damage. It's a shock wave. May be produced from sound, but the attack itself is not sound. It doesn't matter if Sonic is in the name, since Pokemon says that it isn't a sound move it isn't a sound move.

BW on definition: The target is hit with a destructive shock wave that always inflicts 20 HP damage. It's a shock wave. May be produced from sound, but the attack itself is not sound. It doesn't matter if Sonic is in the name, since Pokemon says that it isn't a sound move it isn't a sound move.
I would rather think the “sonic” part of its name is referring to the speed at which the shock wave travels, if anything. That would at least make sense XD

I would rather think the “sonic” part of its name is referring to the speed at which the shock wave travels, if anything. That would at least make sense XD
that would make sonic boom a priority move ? you know?

that would make sonic boom a priority move ? you know?
Eeehhhhh that’s gettig into some weird conceptual territory. Like, there’s the speed of the shock wave, and then there’s the speed of the Pokémon’s ability to generate said shock wave, which wouldn’t be the same. Idk, you really can’t think too hard about some of these things. Just accept that sometimes GF doesn’t make something the way you’d expect it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom