• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

• Yes

Votes: 67 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 74 52.5%

• Total voters
While people are talking about hardware limitations, they are talking about the 3DS. So I wonder, would the Wii U be more capable of a game this size?
it's not a storage size issue so much as a "how could we make 48 gyms, six leagues and their champions, and who knows what goes down in Alola palatable in a single game" size issue. i mean seriously, at some point the game would just become straight-up stale.

I think the better question to ask and answer is "Would you want/play a game with all the regions in it?" Obviously it's highly unlikely that GF will ever produce a game with all the regions, but as a hypothetical possibility, I would love to see how they make a game involving all the regions and significant characters from each generation. Not sure how cohesive it would be, but I do think it'd be fun to tinker around with.

Like I said, they could restrict the amount of regions to one per game file (with Kanto and Johto as possible exceptions since they are joined together). It could be something for Wii or some other console.

Like I said, they could restrict the amount of regions to one per game file (with Kanto and Johto as possible exceptions since they are joined together). It could be something for Wii or some other console.
That doesn't sound too enjoyable, it just sounds more like a collection of all games than one game itself. I feel like being locked out like that would make more people mad than happy.

Yes but after 12 regions and generations. That would really need to hapen. That may hapen in 20 or 30 years. Not bad idea, for old and young fans, then they could add megas and forms in it.

Yes, though you'd probably need to make it a PC game to keep up with hardware capabilities. It would be awesome, though incredibly exclusive. I probably wouldn't be able to play it, as my computer is mediocre.

You know what? If you have to start over every region, what would be the point in putting it in one game? I think I would prefer remakes of every game with a single engine.

But then you may as well just play 7 different games and to make money from it they'd have to charge like £200 for it, since it would be like £40 per game. Would you pay £200? ($250)

Um, don't you guys think the efforts to make 7 regions have already tough enough? Not only we faced GF incapability of ultra power digital rendering, but as well as the amount of storage used might be sufficient to destroy our gaming console.

Remembering today is Generation VII, I believe those dreams nowadays would be conceived too farfetched. Plus if it does come out released, good luck finding the budget, because your will of desire just have to get stronger than Ironman. I'm seeing like $59.99 times ten with additional taxes, and discounts were not helping you breathe still mate. It's much painful to spend than Collector's Edition.

Optimism is good. But you can't byfar human limits and realistic measures of datas.

All 7 regions aren't very big put together especially compared to some of these open world games on consoles.

But do you want all regions or 1 new giant open world region game?

If pokemon finally came to console I think I'd prefer I huge new area.

If they did do all regions a console could easily do it,I mean the 3ds already handles 800 pokemon and 1 region.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Only if they want me to throw money at them...

But yeah, been waiting on another game with multiple regions since gen 2. And hey, why stop at 2? The more the better, get `em all in there!

If it's anything like the other mainline games, just with every region? Then I think it'd be all over the place, honestly, despite wanting a game like that as a kid.

Sounds good for another new spin-off RPG series, such as an MMO, though. They could even update it with new regions and Pokemon that way. The hardware capabilities of a game of that scale would be extremely limited though, since I highly doubt Nintendo would ever support the PC masterrace.

Last edited:
I wish GF could make such a game, but there's the logic. What happens after you beat the Kanto league? Go to Johto! But your Pokémon are all at Level 50 (just a guess), and when you go there, Professor Elm will just give you a Level 5 Johto starter that is useless... then it goes all over again. To the point where your team is at around level 100. Sigh.

I feel that the Switch could possibly handle a game of this size, but it has to be open world like Breath of the Wild. Instead of traversing the regions one by one, you explore any region at any time.

I'd have to say no, the time and money that would have to be spent to create this would be worth less than the money they would get back from selling the game.

Just no. The amount of data that would go into that would be absolutely insane. Plus it would get boring incredibly fast. Having to beat 48 gyms, 7 Totem Pokemon, 4 Kahunas, 8 evil teams (maybe 10 if you count the the presence of Team Rocket in Johto and Neo Team Plasma in BW2), 24 Elite Four members, 6 Champions + Kukui, and however many more could be introduced in the future would take forever and be repetitive as hell. And don't even want to begin to think about how the leveling system would be.

Maybe this could be done in some sort of alternate side series. But in the main series, no way.

Definitely not anytime soon, no. Perhaps as a very last Pokémon main series game, when we have reached the point where it is easy for game freak to incorporate every region into a single game. I'm not really sure how that will work for a main series game though, unless the main series Pokémon formula has changed and evolved quite a lot by then.

Thinking about it a little better, I actually think that it could work rather well, just not as a main series game. I feel like it could work rather well as a Ranger Game (where your missions will take you around the world (naturally only a selection of places there, not the entire regions)), or maybe some kind of alternate history Conquest like game (where you'd conquer your own starting region as well as the rest of the world, gaining the attention of other empires across the world in the process).
Basically any game where you could justify not having in depth access to the whole region.
It's definitely doable, but as a main series game is still laughably absurd.

All regions? No. However, once we get up to like 8-9 regions, it would be pretty smart to, instead of remakes, make a game that revisits 2-3 regions at once.

All regions? No. However, once we get up to like 8-9 regions, it would be pretty smart to, instead of remakes, make a game that revisits 2-3 regions at once.

Johto, Kanto +Hoen would be a dream.

- after 12 generations a arena (region, coloseum, stadion) game with all starters and pokemon would be nice.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom