• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

• Yes

Votes: 67 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 74 52.5%

• Total voters
The idea of 6 regions squeezed into one game sounds like a huge mess and pretty unrealistic to even consider IMO. I feel like if a game with all 6 regions in it would be a disappointment to fans due to the lack of detail that may have to be sacrificed to make everything work, or other little things that they decide to exclude in order to make the game possible. What about the storyline? What more would we be doing than collecting 48 badges? It doesn't seem doable, or something Game Freak would put time and effort towards.

I don't think it would work, you'd do one region then if you keep the same Pokemon, you could beat the rest really easy. To counter that they could put the gyms in other regions at lv100 but what if people want to start fresh every time? would be too many problems. People wouldn't want to not be allowed to use Pokemon they've already used in one region either.

Well, I voted no but I mostly meant that for the main handheld series. As mentioned before by some people, I feel like it would be very hard to somehow pull all that content together in a cohesive way. Buuuut, If we had an MMORPG, it might be a little more doable. In that case, I'd love to see how they would at least try (and hopefully succeed) in making travelling work between regions.

I think I'd rather a new, large region, but with appearances by people from all regions.

If this were to be something other than a standard handheld game, however... What about using the main characters from each region into a more 'traditional' console RPG using two or three regions that fans would vote on? For example, controlling four or five MCs from prior games (which could eventually be used in co-op for rotation/double/triple battles), each having their own team... And take a leaf out of Colosseum's book by having no gym battles/Elite Four/Champion? It's probably a dumb idea but it could work if a lot more thought was put into it. Or the idea of an MMO as stated before; that could possibly work.

Even if, we're going to get remakes of each generation eventually, I'm sure. I'd rather have smaller remakes that have quality to them instead of grandiose multi-region games that are crap.

I don't think so. There'd have to be a hell of a story to last through 6 regions, assuming we'd visit them all during the main plot. Even if they split them up before and after beating the league, I just don't see how they could pull off us needing to go to different regions for a main series game. The reason I assume we would go through many during the main story is because it would be absurd if we didn't. If there's no story keeping us going after the main region, just collecting badges, what would be the point? I'd do it, sure, but I know a lot of people wouldn't put up with that.

The level distribution would be worse than Johto's, which was downright near game-hindering for me. I don't even want to imagine if they were incorporating six regions, unless they prevented us from using high level ones somehow. This could work in some kind of story or plot, but if it isn't related to the story, I don't see GAME FREAK just preventing us from using our high level teams to sweep through the rest of the regions since people would complain if they were forced to catch new Pokemon if they didn't have/want to.

I could see something like this happening in the Ranger series, since it has been established that Rangers can get missions in other regions than the game takes place and those regions are much smaller. But not for a main series title that uses the same basic plot as the other main games, it would just be too much.

They should do it only as like a great big conclusion. In the distant future when Pokemon finally ends (which it's bound to), what better way to end a wonderful franchise than to give us all regions, all Pokemon, all badges, in one game?

Though this won't happen soon. Do you know how much space that would take on a cartridge? I can't even imagine.

No, I don't think so, for all the reasons that were already brought up. The story/plot would be nonexistent or contrived and convoluted. The game would be too large to be manageable, and I would imagine that most people would get bored of doing the same thing (gyms, criminal organization, elite 4) before they finish all six regions.

They should partner up with Sony and Microsoft, and release a 3d game on PS3, PS4, 360 and Xbox One along with Wii U. They should have airports alowing you to fly to other regions. If you win a championship, you can fly back and forth to the next region for free. It would go: Kanto, Johto, Hoen, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos. They could also make DLC of spin-off game regions (Pokemon Ranger), except for with added gyms.

As much as an all-region game is lusted over by fans, I personally (my apologies to those who want this type of game) don't like the idea. Amidst other problems already pointed out, the game would most likely be extremely, unbearably long. Length is not necessarily a bad thing, but, assuming it takes 20-30 hours for the average player to beat a Pokemon game, a game like this would require 100+ hours just to beat the main storyline-and that's assuming they're even able to create a cohesive story, premise and all-around experience that somehow expands across six regions. For a series that has explicitly stated it wants to focus on streamlining the gaming experience to compete with mobile games, something like this would feel like a regression and many players would probably lose steam halfway through. I guess, if they really wanted to use this idea, they could create a game where every region is like GSC Kanto in that it's easy to sweep through, but that would most likely end up feeling empty and devoid of challenge. Besides, wouldn't an ostensibly all-encompassing game like this become obsolete by the time the next generation comes around?

Well, I'm the ones that think that the Pokémon world is actually our world and that, in the future, they will make a game of a whole country, like Japan (You know, Kanto, Johto, Hoeen, Sinnoh and anothers regions that we don't even know yet). The problem may be the level, maybe the character (not the player) wishes to start over, leaving theirs Pokémons on the box, and not allowing you to get them back until the Champion is defeated. After "conquering" all regions, it would allow the player to revisit past regions, then unlocking new features, like Cerulean Cave, Sky Pillar, Newmoon Island, etc, a kind of championship where you must face the leaders and champions of each region (like the world championship from Unova) and you would be able to fight in a single battle or a double (or triple) battle against two leaders or champions (I don't have BW2, so I don't know if that exist). I understand those who don't like the idea and respect them, I'm just stating my opinion.

It would be wiser to save this for an anniversary celebration of the franchise or when GF is preparing to discontinue it.

One thing that might work, is that like Pokemon Conquest, they could break each region and its storyline into different sections. Different Pokemon, Pokedex entries are saved, and the stories are continuous. The big difference would be the Pokemon obtained would be stored somewhere til the very end, and no deleting of the progress in the current region necessary.

sounds like a dream...full of bugs and crashes! I would love for an all in one game but it would probably take a lifetime to complete! maybe just two regions in one at first

You know, an alternative method I can think of would be if perhaps it was only 2 regions (in the 'base' game), and additional extensions with other regions could then be used like 'sequels'. I'm talking .hack//game style (the next game reads your previous game's data and carries it all over; dex, items, pokemon, but then the older save is 'overwritten' into a save for the sequel game so you can't clone). Then just read back to my previous post about issues that extend from it. In a sense, it does limit the hardware problem, though it also means you can't strictly speaking visit every region in a single game, and you probably can't access older regions in the 'sequel' titles, meaning you should get all the ribbons while you can.

All the regions at once is just to much, don't get me wrong there is a reason why gen 2 and the remakes of gold a silver are my favorite games in the series. I absolutlely loved going through kanto and getting 8 more badges after beating and main game.

How about a remake of gen 3, with Sinnoh added post game? then a few years down the road a remake of gen 5 with kalos added post game?

No, for one very simple and personal reason. I've already explored Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos! Give me a new world to explore. Then maybe make a sequel at some point expanding on that world.

I'd like to see more spinoff games explore the worlds created for the main series games though.

My idea to avoid the overleveling problem was to separate the regions into 2 different continents. Then, in the storyline, while in the boat or plane between the 2, there's a crash or a villain team hijack so the player loses everything (a little bit like the last part of Metroid Zero Mission) then get welcomed by the professor of the first region with a new starter and Pokédex. Finally, at the beginning of the last region, the player is able to recover his pokémon and pokédex info from the other continent to finish the last league with anything and then be able to go back and forth between the 2 continents.

If the games are in 3D, there could be a problem as the game cards are rumored to hold up to 8 GB of data. However, the same rumor says Nintendo puts a 2 GB hard limit on the games. We have no idea how big the games are (file size), so we don't if the cartridges can even store the entire game.
@F-O I like the crash/hi-jack idea, but GF probably won't especially after 9/11

It would be wiser to save this for an anniversary celebration of the franchise or when GF is preparing to discontinue it.

Ah.... the unavoidable pokemon reboot.... when it happens, we'll flock back to digimon...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom