• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Kanto reappear in Generation V?

Should Kanto reappear in Generation V?

• Yes

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters

Midnight Blue

~Love Is Hard To Define~
Reaction score
Kanto has been in every generation. Everyone know why it has. But should it reappear again in Generation v?

Since I believe they will remake Emerald and Yellow/Blue(FRLG), instead of RS, yes.

I'd like to see Kanto appear in some sort of spin-off game. It'd be interesting to see more spin-offs taking place in regions from the main series.

I like Kanto, but I really would rather see new regions for Gen V. All of the generations that featured Kanto have already been remade once, and I actually don't think it would be best to see them again for a long time. Lets get Gen III remakes before getting another Gen I.

Hopefully not.
It might be the original region but it's just boring now.

Hopefully yes.

Nintendo should probably know how much dissapointing FireRed/LeafGreen was, and they should re-remake it AGAIN!!

With more new features, more challenges, DIFFERENT dialogue ( weather you're playing as RED or BLUE.) And that's about it. n_n

Besides, RED was my first game since 1998 and I still adore the Kanto region because it will always be my favorite and the best region ever.

It'd be cool if it was like Liberty City in GTA:SA - you go there for a brief period/mission, but that's it. It's not fully in the game, just a part of it. But hey, that's clearly just a wish and not a fact or even speculation.

I like this idea! Giving it a cameo in the game would be cool.

Depends on what kind of platform Gen V lands on. If the battles are still in 2D and the world has a fixed camera point, no, I don't want another (F)R(L)G.

If it's going to be a generation with more real 3D gameplay, then I'd say it is OK (though that doesn't mean that I would buy that game; I never bought FRLG either).

Spin-off in Kanto or Kanto as a part of totally new main series game would be the best option :p

I'm gonna say no on that one. I think Kanto is a bit overated, frankly. Just an opinion, though.

Kanto is a bit overplayed. Unless it's all-out remakes of the entire games in one epic one, no, it shouldn't. Of course, my idea will probably never be made, since R/S/E was enough gang wars for Nintendo. No Rockets vs. Galactics, no matter how amazing that would be.

I voted yes, but not in a remake. I think it's about time that Pokemon transitioned to doing pure sequels, as in Gen II, rather than an endless cycle of remakes. As I see it, the Gen I remakes were only due to the recent obsolescence of the Gen I and II games, and the Gen II remakes a generation later were an obvious extension of that. But unless Game Freak completely redesigns the data structure of individual Pokemon again, I think next generation should include expanded sequels a la Gold and Silver, featuring both old regions like Hoenn or Kanto and completely new regions.

I voted yes, but not in a remake. I think it's about time that Pokemon transitioned to doing pure sequels, as in Gen II, rather than an endless cycle of remakes. As I see it, the Gen I remakes were only due to the recent obsolescence of the Gen I and II games, and the Gen II remakes a generation later were an obvious extension of that. But unless Game Freak completely redesigns the data structure of individual Pokemon again, I think next generation should include expanded sequels a la Gold and Silver, featuring both old regions like Hoenn or Kanto and completely new regions.

I totally agree with that. A sequel to DPPt, for example, would be awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom