• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Missingno be an official Pokémon?

Missingno is the junk data of johto pokemon who got scrape to be in the second generation.Its even an individual pokemon at all.Originally Kanto was suppose to be 191 pokemon including all of Johto.So it would have been one incredible region since it would be been filled alot of pokemon.

Wasn't Missingno. just an error handler for the extra space they had because the developers intended to have more than 151 Pokemon?

I mean, it was cute that it was referenced at all this generation (which I myself think is a stretch), but to be honest I really wouldn't like it to be an official Pokemon. Just keep it as a part of Gen 1 mythology and let it be.

Missingno is a cute glitch but it was never intended to be a Pokémon and it wouldn't be a very good one. It's a bit too late for that now too, if they wanted to make him official they should have started laying down the foundation for that a long time ago. If they did it now it would feel random and gimmicky.

It would be neat for an NPC to make a subtle reference to it, though.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom