• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Pikachu evolve?

I honestly don't care either way. It's not like I expect Pikachu's personality to change if he was a Raichu, nor do I think he would be stronger.

Since Pikachu has been, well, Pikachu for so long, it would be a little vexatious and awkward to evolve him now. Anyways, Pikachu already showed his disagreement with evolving in one of the earlier seasons, so him evolving is out of the question.

Ash would injure himself carrying a raichu on his shoulder.
I rather see Ash carrying his Charizard on his shoulder.

He's carried a Hippo on his head so no problem with weight or size.

Pika might evolve at the very last tournament at the end of pokemon. But who knows when that would be.

I agree with you on both of your points. I would like to add to your first point by saying that, well, the animators can do almost anything in the anime, whether or not it's in the game or theoretically possible. Table in Cilian's backpack? Possible. Non-shiny but different colored buterfree? Possible. Anything is possible in the anime.

I like Pikachu a lot(yeah, even more so than Raichu) and I think that he represents the entire Pokemon franchise and has done the job of a mascot really well so far, so really there's no point in evolving him.
But yeah, I can totally see the franchise creating a new evolution for Pikachu in the very last saga of pokemon (or possibly a Mega evolution), and Pikachu might evolve into the new evolution during Ash's very last battle for becoming a pokemon master or something.

No thanks, I like Pikachu the way he is. He took down Surge's Raichu without needing to evolve! Also, Team Rocket stole his Thunder Stone (why was he carrying around for so long?), so it's not like he'll have that opportunity.

Plus, you know...Pikachu's the face of the franchise, so to have him as a Raichu would kind of...mess things up.

As much as I love Raichu, more than Pikachu ... it's probably better if he doesn't evolve. But also, I had the most fantastic idea! ... maybe not, but I really want this to happen: Ash's dad comes back into the picture ... and his Pokémon is a Raichu :D I really want this to be a thing now!

As much as I love Raichu, more than Pikachu ... it's probably better if he doesn't evolve. But also, I had the most fantastic idea! ... maybe not, but I really want this to happen: Ash's dad comes back into the picture ... and his Pokémon is a Raichu :D I really want this to be a thing now!

He could randomly be in Snowbelle City along with Serena's dad. :-D

No. As much as I like Raichu, Pikachu shouldn't evolve into Raichu for these reasons:
-Pikachu is the mascot of Pokémon.
-Ash's Pikachu doesn't want to evolve and he shouldn't be forced into it if he doesn't want to.
-His Light Ball wouldn't work anymore (that's obviously his secret to defeating all those legendaries and fully evolved Pokémon.)
-He wouldn't ride on Ash's shoulder

While Pikachu does apparently have a lot of importance, I would like to point out that he's not the ONLY pokemon to be plastered everywhere. Ever since the fourth gen, he has sort of shared the spotlight with other pokemon. True, the starters have always had second tier billing to him, but now, they are almost equal with him. Not to mention the other pokemon that get a lot of focus within a gen. That's the thing, though. Within the gen. A pokemon is never allowed to have prominence outside it's gen save for Pikachu. My point was intended to be that Pikachu is no longer an essential part of the equation, and little would be lost if they didn't focus on it all the time. They always have new pokemon to focus on. I'm starting to wonder why it is they needed a mascot anyway, but I could say the same of anything that has a mascot. I think what I mean to say is why one pokemon had to be given all the attention over the others. It seems unfair.

This entire thread is pointless. It should, but it won't. That's all there is to it.

It's a simple "what if?" thread. We all know that Pikachu isn't going to evolve, but there's no harm in discussing the pros and cons of a hypothetical evolution.

The Pros are he will be more powerful. The Cons is that less people will be watching Pokemon due to the fact that Pikachu is everyone's favorite Pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom