• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Pokemon 2023 be a weekly series?

Enzito

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while, with how dissapointing Journeys has been mostly, I've been curious about how the new 2023 series will handle its episode number. I'm fearing it's gonna be a weekly series but what are your pros and cons of it being seasonal?

I think it's most likely going to be a weekly series. While Journeys had some pretty noticeable production problems, I don't think that it reached a point to where they would have to reduce the episode count. Seasonal anime are usually more helpful for long running manga series. They ideally reduce the workload for the animators and studios, even though I'm not sure by how much given what I know of the anime industry, provide breaks for the anime so that they don't catch up to the source material and give the authors more time to write more arcs for the anime to adapt. It basically reduces the amount of filler episodes that long running anime series, especially shonen series, used to be more infamous for.

I don't think that Pokemon would really have that problem when there isn't a source material for them to adapt like an on-going manga series. Plus, having the anime air weekly helps to keep the franchise within the public consciousness and makes it easier to tie in promotion for any new games, DLC, etc that can come out during the year.

There has been a lot of breaks lately. I would guess they would want it to be weekly but the the question is, can they afford it?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom