• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Pokemon Crystal Be Remade?

Ok, its offical, we dont need one.
According to SPP, Esuine is going to be in HGSS. And many of crystals features (animated sprites, GEN II GTS, etc.) will be in HGSS.

Oh, and that page also said that the gen 3 and 4 legends will be in this game.

Since it's overrated popular enough, I think there is a chance of there being a completely new third version with the name Crystal, similar how HGSS are remakes of Crystal with the names Gold and Silver.

Not saying I want them to, but there is a good chance.

A more important debate is whether the Gen III games should be remade. We have had plenty of Hoenn BGM and pokemon (including the Hoenn starters, legendary pokemon, etc.) To me, Gen III wasn't as nostalgic or as popular as Gen II was. Considering that most DS systems have a GBA slot, we won't see a Hoenn remake anytime soon.

Now to get back to the actual topic. Crystal has more or less been remade in this game. What, with the fact that we have Suicine, the Legendary Beasts' battle theme, and Eusine? Except for those standard differences as well as somewhat updated sprites, Crystal is the same as Gold and Silver. At least in my opinion- not really a fulfilling third version.

No. Yellow never got a remake, so why should Crystal? The main features of Crystal vs G/S were a female character (HGSS have it) and a Battle Tower (HGSS don't only have that, they have a whole Frontier!)

Since it's overrated popular enough, I think there is a chance of there being a completely new third version with the name Crystal, similar how HGSS are remakes of Crystal with the names Gold and Silver.

Not saying I want them to, but there is a good chance.

Wrong, there is zero chance. Blue was not remade, and Crystal will not be remade either.

Wrong, there is zero chance. Blue was not remade, and Crystal will not be remade either.

Not really.

WaterBlue was trademarked and I never said Crystal will be remade (HGSS IS Crystal remade), I said there's a chance of a completely new third version with the name Crystal. (Similar how HGSS are Crystal remakes with the names Gold and Silver.)

What would remaking Crystal accomplish anyway? Is there any feature that was exclusive to it and it alone?
Forcing a complete outdate of the dual slot system, HGSS already have all remaining starters and legendaries (are we missing any non-event legendary?).

I really hope to get a NDS Lite before it is completely out of production, if it is not already; and I pray GEN V is the final... seriously, I love Pokemon, but enough, let's go for 651 at most and avoid sinking a good franchise.

More on topic, it doesn't seem necessary to have a Crystal remake, a whole bunch of new features are already on HGSS, what else would we have?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom