• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Pokemon Crystal Be Remade?

Two words. N. O.

Do we honestly need it? Do we? Think about that for a minute.

No

I'm already getting both of the two
I don't need to waste my extra good gaming money do I can play as a girl with dangerously pointy blue hair
Anything they had in crystal they can add to hgss anyways

Blue wasn't remade
Yellow wasn't remade
And they have really no reason to remake crystal version either

And they have really no reason to remake crystal version either
Well gaps between generations are getting much longer these days so if they have to fill a slot between HGSS and Gen V and if the sales for HGSS are high I don't see it as impossible.

I hope not though, Crystal only had a few changes that HGSS could impliment. I stand by my Kris=Soul theory so I'm not really bothered about that idea either.

Well gaps between generations are getting much longer these days so if they have to fill a slot between HGSS and Gen V and if the sales for HGSS are high I don't see it as impossible.

I hope not though, Crystal only had a few changes that HGSS could impliment. I stand by my Kris=Soul theory so I'm not really bothered about that idea either.

They could always fill the "2 year gap" with a console game and a "road of spinoffs", they did the same for Gen III.

Plus, it looks like they're adding crystal features to the game and if Soul is Kris(which I believe), then what will they add? Will they make a new third installment? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
No, because its looks like there will be some Crystal features in the game, Kris being in the game wouldn't be a reason for it anyway. This isn't another generation, HGSS is still Gen IV, there's probably not enough time unless its ready for next fall.

No. They can easily add any Crystal elements into HGSS so a Crystal remake would be completely pointless.

I really do not think Pokemon Crystal will be remade because it might take away from the sell of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. There are also features from Pokemon Crystal include in HGSS. Also they did not remake Pokemon Blue which is the actually third version of the first generation so they probably most likely going to follow the same route.

Cyrstal is unlikely to be re-made.
It's unnecessary, and most of Crystal's additions are already game standards (Battle Tower, Wi-fi, etc).

However, what is being said about Blue, Yellow and Crystal doesn't apply in anyway to Emerald and Platinum.
Blue, Yellow, and Crystal are the same games with additions, Emerald and Platinum are the two "halfs" of RS and DP put together.

And when discussing "remakes" of the 3rd entries, it's essentially pointless to mention Blue and Yellow, because Blue was RG with a few new maps and new sprites, Yellow was based on the anime.

I think it's a better question to ask will there be anymore anime based games, and the answer is (mostly) "No".

You'd think that by now, Game Freak would get HG/SS right first time so Crystal is un-necessary. I have no doubt they will get it right either.

I don't think so. Yellow wasn't remade, why would this be? You can play as a girl, and HGSS will most likely have a battle tower.

Crystal was the most badass Pokémon game but I highly doubt they're going to remake it.

No, if HGSS have all the features in it and they are good enough games, crystal won't need to be remade, because how can you make a game that is full of stuff like these, any better without ruining something? Heck, we don't even know fully if crystal elements are not in these games.

They never made Blue remake when FR/LG appeared, it will be the same now.

They shall incorperate the Crystal's awsome to HGSS. EXCECT KRIS!!! WHINE!!
I wonder if Jap. fans miss Kris too.

CoroCoro scan reveals Eusine, so Crystal elements are no doubt being implemented.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!:banana: I love pokemon crystal!:7up:

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom