• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should the next core games support Amiibo?

Should they?

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Actually, though, wouldn't that be an improvement price-wise? At least amiibo aren't 50$...

A fair point; although I can imagine the rarer the Pokemon the more expensive TPCi will price the Amiibo.

...Er, unless the Amiibo are really big, that doesn't quite get ludicrous.

Also I must admit I see Amiibo as far more likely 'scan for Hilda shorts'.

Actually, though, wouldn't that be an improvement price-wise? At least amiibo aren't 50$...
Not to mention that amiibo aren't a one time only use. Like, one per game file sure, but they don't get locked to a specific copy

Also, I wouldn't mind the implementation of amiibo support as a way of unlocking extra features early. And with features I mean, apparel or items you would otherwise find in the post-game or if they make version exclusive clothing again it might give you that. Or special wild encounters or something. As long as it isn't exclusive to to the amiibo

I've thrown around this idea before, but I think Amiibos could work as a substitute feature for the e-Reader trainer battles present back in Gen 3. Imagine scanning in a Mario or Link-themed trainer, or maybe getting Amiibos to battle fan-favorite characters like N or Anime characters like Jessie and James (in a way that's not like Yellow and the Let's Go games).

I've thrown around this idea before, but I think Amiibos could work as a substitute feature for the e-Reader trainer battles present back in Gen 3. Imagine scanning in a Mario or Link-themed trainer, or maybe getting Amiibos to battle fan-favorite characters like N or Anime characters like Jessie and James (in a way that's not like Yellow and the Let's Go games).
Don't like the first part, but the second one sounds promising. I can see myself using them, specially since I always wanted to use the e-Reader cards, but couldn't, although I didn't know why (either they were horribly rare or didn't reach my country. Shopkeepers were not helpful at all).

I'd like a feature where scanning an amiibo would give you a trainer and Pokémon to battle based on the character. For example, scanning in Bowser would let you fight a team mainly consisting of Dark and Fire types, and Pit would let you fight a team that mainly features Flying. Ooh, and perhaps Sonic would give you a team that's got high speed!

Honestly, I kind of want Amiibos to give cosmetics of the character, like a Mario Amiibo will give you a red cap and overalls. This would be at least the closest thing for Pokemon to crossover with other Nintendo franchises outside of Smash Bros. Cosmetic features won't devalue a game of its identity like some negative nancies say.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom