• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should the underground from Daimond and peal come back in Gen6?

Should the underground from D/P/PT return in Gen6?

• Total voters
I liked searching for fossils since they were some of my favorite Pokemon. But I would prefer a different method like in B&W where you are just given a fossil every day XD It's easier and I like having a different experience with each generation.

I at least think some form of a secret base should come back. I absolutely loved the concept of it; it felt like you actually had a place to live on your own. Regardless of how they use in- the Hoenn version (in caves, trees, bushes, etc.) or the Sinnoh version (underground, or even the villa in Platinum would work)- I think they should bring it back in gen 6.

The underground was fun, getting rare items sometimes (evolutionary stones, fossils, max revives, stuff like that), having the secret base (always fun!), and the traps were fun to step on! LOL
It would be nice to see something like it in the next generation.

It could be a bit better if they gave it more scenery(not like crazy and unlike an underground area, but maybe kind of a darker, dungeon sort of feel, yet still fitting Pokemon). Other than that and a little better bases, no thanks.

Yeah, I liked it a lot, and it was a great place to find evolutionary stones and all. I just wish it had been easier to navigate. Once you buried a sphere, it was next to impossible to find it again if you hadn't played for a while. But I'd definitely like to see it make a return in some improved form.

Some way to receive more rare items is needed. In Generation 5, we have those dust clouds for evolution stones and elemental gems, which is quite creative, in my opinion. Of course, Generation 5 also requires the Dream World for rare items. I can see Generation 6 doing something similar, as in have a separate website where you receive different items too. However, I can see the Secret Bases concept return to utilise the StreetPass on the 3DS.

That's it for now.

I'd love to see it back, but then it wouldn't make DPPt. Gen VI should find another unique way to get evolution stones, gems, and rare items without the use of the internet that requires you to make an account when you've already got enough accounts to remember their usernames and passwords for.

I would love a combination of the RSE's secret bases and the underground.
-have an underground where you can mine for things
-have a large region with large routes where you can use secret power to get secret bases in places
-for the secret bases that you put in the sides of mountains, have it to where you can go to the underground from the secret base
-make it to where you can fly to your secret base
-have a piece of furniture that is either a bed or a healing machine so you can heal your pokemon there
-have the underground to where you can connect with people via the internet kinda like the GTS
-its a stretch, but, maybe in the center of the underground, you can have a stadium where you can battle people over the internet
-near the stadium, have a building where you can do the pokemon trading like in the GTS
-OR, in the center of the underground, have a small town (like the Under in Orre) with the stadium and trading building etc.

It was pretty fun if you did it with people you knew or randoms in the same area. It was fun doing it with randoms back in 07.

Simple speculative logic says yes:

G IV: Gold and Silver remakes

G V: Ruby and Sapphire remakes

G VI: Diamond and Pearl remakes

I know it's too early and RSEmakes haven't been officially mentioned, but if the trend keeps going, DPPt would be remade in G VI, thus bringing back the Underground.

I would love for the Underground to make a comeback, but with some revisions. Me and my sister would always set up giant trap setups for each other and then we'd step on them and be whisked around a quarter of the Underground. That was so much fun. But, I think that the sphere should be less numerous (just doing the tasks for the old guy in Gardenia filled up my bag) and other items should be available. And, of course, the Cover and Plume fossils should be added. I also think there should be some sort of town or marketplace with trainers underground; it would add more variety to the game play.

I think they should bring back the Platinum villa and some way of "mining" but not necessarily the underground. i wouldn't mind though.

Yes, in the Diamond and Pearl remakes, but heck to the naw for anything else. The Underground had its place, Sinnoh. No where else.

Not exactly, but I would like to see the mining feature return.

They should just combined Gen 3 secret bases, and Gen 4 Underground with the Entralink. That way we get the capture the flag, mining, and secret base features without the boring scenery.

Ruby/Sapphire secret bases would work exceptionally well with the 3DS' street-pass. It would allow you to search for secret bases and battle trainers teams whenever you cross them in the street.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom