• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should there be a Pokemon/Bakugan crossover special?

jinglejoe

Reaction score
I think there should be a crossover between Pokemon and Bakugan, many Pokemon fans hate Bakugan and this might be closed because of that too, I think a good plot for one would be Drago opening up a wrong portal and all of the Bakugan characters crashing in the Sinnoh Region, then Drago would be put into a Poke Ball, does it sound good?

Re: Pokemon/Bakugan crossover special?

I think if you want to see something like that, you're probably gonna have to write a fanfic about it, because there's like zero chance it'd ever happen officially...

I think if you want to see something like that, you're probably gonna have to write a fanfic about it, because there's like zero chance it'd ever happen officially...
Maybe I could somehow get in contact with TV Tokyo since both animes are on there and ask them about one?

It's not that easy. Competing companies don't do crossovers. Kids WB had Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon and aside from a few crappy commercials that look like they were made in paint and flash nothing ever came of it.

Maybe I could somehow get in contact with TV Tokyo since both animes are on there and ask them about one?

*shrugs* Like I said, I highly doubt it. the two companies have no connection whatsoever and are therefor unlikely to coordinate something like that.

*shrugs* Like I said, I highly doubt it. the two companies have no connection whatsoever and are therefor unlikely to coordinate something like that.
Nintendo and Sega got in contact to make Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. So why don't they do something like that for Pokemon and Bakugan?

Crossovers suck. "The Jetsons" didn't work with "The Flintstones", "The Fairly OddParents" didn't work with "Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius", and lord knows that recent Disney Channel clusterfuck of "The Wizards of Waverly Place", "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody", and "Hannah Montana" will hardly go down as a classic. What makes you think "Pokémon" and "Bakugan" would work well together in the same story?

Only on extremely rare occasions do crossovers come across as anything more than gimmicky and uninspired. "The Critic" crossing over with "The Simpsons" worked because it made light of the fact that it was a shameless promotion. "American Dad" crossing over with "Family Guy" worked because they poked fun at themselves. Remember when Johnny Bravo got transported into an episode of "Scooby-Doo"? That was funny because it spent the entire time lampooning all the various tropes of the latter show. The idea of the crossover has become so clichéd that it has no choice but to satirize itself in order to succeed. But "Pokémon" and "Bakugan" are not self-referential series; they don't hang lampshades on anything they do and basically take themselves fairly seriously. Thus, they'd actually have to come up with a legitimate explanation for the two shows' universes to collide, and there's no good reason for that to happen.

Hey, Jetsons Meet the Flintstones was awesome.

That being said, I don't really see the point of this thread.

No. Pokemon doesn't do crossovers. In fact, very rarely will you find two shows that cross over with each other.

EDIT: Jetsons and Flintstones are in the same Universe, as was Oddparents and Neutron. They were in the Hanna Barbera and Nickolodeon universes.

No. Just no.

Crossovers are horrible, thank god that 99% of the time they're not canon in whatever universe they're in.

Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana were three fantastic episodes.

But this idea is not something I would ever want to see, or ever think would even get the slightest mention at a meeting of the anime writers.

Crossovers suck. "The Jetsons" didn't work with "The Flintstones", "The Fairly OddParents" didn't work with "Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius", and lord knows that recent Disney Channel clusterfuck of "The Wizards of Waverly Place", "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody", and "Hannah Montana" will hardly go down as a classic. What makes you think "Pokémon" and "Bakugan" would work well together in the same story?

Only on extremely rare occasions do crossovers come across as anything more than gimmicky and uninspired. "The Critic" crossing over with "The Simpsons" worked because it made light of the fact that it was a shameless promotion. "American Dad" crossing over with "Family Guy" worked because they poked fun at themselves. Remember when Johnny Bravo got transported into an episode of "Scooby-Doo"? That was funny because it spent the entire time lampooning all the various tropes of the latter show. The idea of the crossover has become so clichéd that it has no choice but to satirize itself in order to succeed. But "Pokémon" and "Bakugan" are not self-referential series; they don't hang lampshades on anything they do and basically take themselves fairly seriously. Thus, they'd actually have to come up with a legitimate explanation for the two shows' universes to collide, and there's no good reason for that to happen.

So... what's your stance of the Vs. Capcom series, or Cross-Epoch? Also Jay Sherman made that episode of the Simpsons worth watching IMO, but then again that episode was in Season 6.

But as for the topic. I don't see how Bakugan and Pokemon can co-exist. One use actual monster to fight, while another one I think is holograms. But then again I am waiting for my delusional fantasy of Pokemon/One Piece or even Digimon/Pokemon that I had since I was a kid, so what do I know?

Crossovers, I think, when handled properly, can be fairly entertaining.

However, I shutter at the thought of Pokemon doing a crossover with a failtastic, unoriginal franchise like Bakugan, that's essentially just taking bits and pieces of all of the other merchandise-centric anime of the last 10 years and mashing them together into half-hour blocks of sorrow and lameness. The amount of fail such an episode would generate would result in the same cataclysmic singularities that would arise from trying to divide by 0, or if two Falcon Punches would collide with each other.

I'm personally still trying to get my head around the fact that people actually like Bakugan in the first place, let alone want it to crossover with other franchises. I can't think of a single redeeming quality about the largely derivative show or it's money-spinning wares.

Last edited:

1. Why BAKUGAN out of all shows? A crossover with your favorite show usually isn't a good idea.

2. Why would they crossover? It's 2 completely different shows. How is Bakugan similar to Pokemon?

3. Please keep your fanfic ideas to yourself

So... what's your stance of the Vs. Capcom series, or Cross-Epoch?

Video games are different, because they're inherently less realistic than a TV show. They don't need all the backstory and logic that television requires, because it's just a game.

I haven't read "Cross Epoch" (I hadn't even heard of it until you mentioned it just now, and I had to look it up), but from the looks of things, it's another in the vein of "Let's throw two universes' characters together just for the hell of it".

Okay, name one anime that ever had a crossover.

Right.

NO.

Seriously, you can't cross two animes together. Only in fanfics. If they do that, the whole thing would revolve around Ash being pissed at Dan for being a cheap copy of him.

Like everyone said, this ain't gonna happen.

I don't even know how it'll turn out.

Crossovers are terrible.

The end.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom