• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Should there be voices in a Pokémon game?

I'm positively fine with the characters having audio ONLY IF it's done well. The Pokemon, on the other hand, not so much. There NEEDS to be a line drawn between the games and the anime. Have you ever heard a cow say "Cow" or a bird say "Sparrow"? No, and it's because scientifically, their mouths aren't developed to SAY those things.

Origins had it right, with the creatures making NOISES like you would hear them do in the wild. The concept that they all say their name is ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree that the cries should be kept the same. The only change I would make is reverting the changes Gen VI made to the cries (especially Pikachu). You might as well add Ash to the game if you wish to have Bulbasaur say its name in the games.

nice idea but we would wait for the games many more years then now , better it is like it is with the voices after all. Maybe more detailed pokemon cries only?

Definitely not. Pokemon cries are fine as they are now they've been updated, and regular human characters don't need voices. The only reason i'm going to give is this: What if there is a character who has a really annoying voice? You have to endure that just to play through the story? No. No. No.

In PBR i turned the announcer off. He was incredibly annoying for two reasons; the over-enthusiasm was cringeworthy and the pronunciation of some names was ... dubious. He put the stress in Togetic on the second syllable instead of the first!!

Definitely not. Pokemon cries are fine as they are now they've been updated, and regular human characters don't need voices. The only reason i'm going to give is this: What if there is a character who has a really annoying voice? You have to endure that just to play through the story? No. No. No.

In PBR i turned the announcer off. He was incredibly annoying for two reasons; the over-enthusiasm was cringeworthy and the pronunciation of some names was ... dubious. He put the stress in Togetic on the second syllable instead of the first!!

Haha thank you for bringing him up. I forgot. I totally HATED that announcer! He said ponyta like "poh-NEE-tuh." I mean, what even is that?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom