• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should TPCi bring back Trainer's Choice?

MetroLSD

Where Are My Donuts?
Reaction score
Since each episode has two or more commercial breaks, I think TPCi should bring back Trainer's Choice to go along with Who's That Pokemon in the dub, i mean they(obviously) know more about Pokemon than 4Kids did so errors like "Arbok evolves into Seviper" shouldn't happen again right?

At the very least, TPCI would fix any mistake they could make instead of never doing anything to correct it. I wouldn't mind if they did bring back Trainer's Choice. It could be a good way to introduce some evolutions to the kids if they aren't familiar with some of them and make them think about strategies for type weaknesses/strength. I wouldn't be against it, but I won't lose any sleep if they just keep with the Who's That Pokemon segment instead.

Don't some of the other countries have the "who's that Pokemon?" before the first break and the answer after the second? That might work better. I think having two separate segments for each break would be a bit awkward, though.

Trainer's Choice coming back with help from the actual Pokemon Company to get answers right would be nice (even though some of the mechanics they'd ask about are largely ignored by the anime...). Maybe they could alternate- like WTP for a couple of eps, then TC for another couple, and so on.

In the UK we only have one ad break per half hour show anyway, so it's not really an issue for me.

Though I would take a competently-done version of Trainer's Choice over the ridiculously easy Who's That Pokemon, given the choice.

Personally, I think they should take these segments off completely, as I feel the anime has long since surpassed these things.

They should keep "Who's That Pokémon?" and bring back the S1 music, for nostalgia's sake.

Maybe they could also have Mokuba Kaiba make a guest appearance...

There's two ad breaks, it seems odd only one of them has something.

Here in Latin America we have two, three or sometimes four ad breaks that are randomly placed throughout the episode. It doesn't matter if someone is talking, or a Pokémon uses an attack, the episode just fades-out and fades-in no matter when. I guess that's one of the reasons some international versions have the WTP answer after the whole episode, so another eyecatch like Trainer's Choice would leave us totally messed up.

In my opinion, Trainer's Choice would be nice to have instead of more obvious questions like "Who's that Pokémon", but I think they should do it during and starting with a new series instead of changing it in the middle of one like 4Kids did in AG.

Sure: I actually liked the idea of that segment back in the 4Kids dub. It'd be nice to see it make a comeback one day.

All I want is something pretty. The Japanese Dare Da? part looks a lot prettier than what looks a bit like a powerpoint presentation in the dub. <.<

All I want is something pretty. The Japanese Dare Da? part looks a lot prettier than what looks a bit like a powerpoint presentation in the dub. <.<

I agree. In the dub, it just looks like they took a PP, put some checkerboard animation behind it, and there we go, WTP!

Much better than NOTHING, though, like in BF and DP. Can't complain about that. :)

I agree. In the dub, it just looks like they took a PP, put some checkerboard animation behind it, and there we go, WTP!

Much better than NOTHING, though, like in BF and DP. Can't complain about that. :)

I feel that the reason of that is because Dare Da? wasn't re-introduced yet when the dub decided to use it. I'm pretty sure that if they started to use it from BW001 in the original, TPCi would at least try to mimic it.

I feel that the reason of that is because Dare Da? wasn't re-introduced yet when the dub decided to use it. I'm pretty sure that if they started to use it from BW001 in the original, TPCi would at least try to mimic it.

True. I have a feeling they would. It was actually due to them that WTP was reintroduced, so if anything, I should be thanking them for that. :)

The Japanese version of XY is using an eye catch similar to Trainers Choice, now would be a great time for TPCI to bring it back for the XY dub.

I wouldn't mind, would be better than "who's that Pokemon" which is pointless since it's obvious.

There's more than one ad break for Pokemon? oh wow.

No need. I like "Who's That Pokemon" much better--tbh, I never liked Trainer Choice. It would be better without it ever returning. It was sometimes inaccurate to begin with, so why bother?

No need. I like "Who's That Pokemon" much better--tbh, I never liked Trainer Choice. It would be better without it ever returning. It was sometimes inaccurate to begin with, so why bother?
It was inaccurate because it was dub by 4Kids who didn't know a thing Pokemon, but now since TPCI themselves now dubs the show, it guaranteed to always be inaccurate.

Also WTP is braindead easy these days, bringing back Trainers Choice would at least give the viewers more of a challenge.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom