• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should We Get Much Stronger E4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoKING

空前絶後
Reaction score
I say, hell yes. The Elite 4 are supposed to have powers surpassing the Gym Leaders, yet I find the Gym Leaders more of a challenge... well, some of them. The Elite 4 are just so easy, with the exception of the Champion, and even then it's cake. I mean, look at Lance in HGSS. I say they should make all the E4s as strong as Cynthia in D/P/Pt. Or, at least in the rematches.

Re: Should We Get Much More Stronger E4s?

Well, there is the fact that you have to fight four of them in a row.

Well, there is the fact that you have to fight four of them in a row.

True, but a lot of ppl use full restores/revives.

Either way, as long as they level up my mons fast, I don't really care.

Higher levels is only feigning difficulty.

Higher levels is only feigning difficulty.

Yeah, I mean like... like, give the E4 Frontier Brain-level AI's, or something... Let's see some team-switching, strategies, not just "throw out Pokemon in order going from lowest level to highest then use Full Restore when I'm on the ropes." I mean I'd love to see the E4 AI's taking it up a few notches on the rematches or something. Gives me more of a challenge. Besides, I'm not going to wait for an eventual third version to challenge the Isshu Battle Frontier(if there will be one), so I rather have a challenge to keep me busy with BW.

So long as they are not like Lance or Cynthia, I'm glad. Lance was laughingly easy, ad Cynthia was too annoying.

Make them as hard Whitney was in the origonal GSC

NeoKING said:
I mean, look at Lance in HGSS. I say they should make all the E4s as strong as Cynthia in D/P/Pt.
I didn't find Lance to be easier to beat than Cynthia. You do realize that the player's own team in Generation II and HGSS was typically far lower-leveled than in the other games, right? What are your Hall of Fame statistics?

Or, at least in the rematches.
In the rematches, Lance's Drgaonite is just three levels shy from Cynthia's Garchomp, although the Johto Elite Four are still quite behind their Sinnoh counterparts (which is somewhat rectified by their having six Pokémon).

As for Black and White, I'm wondering how the Isshu Champion is going to measure up to Champion Wally in the revisited Hoenn. Will they have the exact same levels in the rematches? Either way, they will both fall short to Pokémon Trainer May.

Besides, I'm not going to wait for an eventual third version to challenge the Isshu Battle Frontier(if there will be one), so I rather have a challenge to keep me busy with BW.
None of the trainers are going to stay a challenge over time and you know it.

If you are looking for very challenging games you are in the wrong fandom.

Really, what I would like would be bigger limits for traded pokemon levels. Before beating the e4, the limit should be around 70 still. So many people trade strong pokemon from other games just to beat the e4 easily.

I didn't find Lance to be easier to beat than Cynthia. You do realize that the player's own team in Generation II and HGSS was typically far lower-leveled than in the other games, right? What are your Hall of Fame statistics?

In the rematches, Lance's Drgaonite is just three levels shy from Cynthia's Garchomp, although the Johto Elite Four are still quite behind their Sinnoh counterparts (which is somewhat rectified by their having six Pokémon).

Pokemon's Level=/=Difficulty of the AI.

As for Black and White, I'm wondering how the Isshu Champion is going to measure up to Champion Wally in the revisited Hoenn. Will they have the exact same levels in the rematches? Either way, they will both fall short to Pokémon Trainer May.

L.M.F.A.O.

None of the trainers are going to stay a challenge over time and you know it.

Um, psyche? I still play Emerald just to fight the Frontier Brains, though I find the Johto Battle Frontier much more entertaining. SS is my favorite Pokemon game, just because I'm able to fight my - admittedly weak - but favorite E4 and the Frontier Brains. That, and WiFi and I have a good challenge/game.

If you are looking for very challenging games you are in the wrong fandom.

See above.

Last edited:

Pokemon's Level=/=Difficulty of the AI.
In that case, how is Cynthia different from Lance at all?

It is clear that you should actually be asking for random Wi-Fi battles, which you are going to get. Don't expect the AI to be improved for anyone as that's an unrealistic expectation; even the Frontier Brains use very shallow strategies, if you can even call them that.

L.M.F.A.O.
Laugh to your heart's content while you can.

Last edited:

I you want difficult games you should play ones that aren't, yanno, aimed at young children.

I you want difficult games you should play ones that aren't, yanno, aimed at young children.

All I suggested was a tougher E4, not friggin' Ninja Gaiden.

I at least want an E4 exclusive battle theme.

To me, HG/SS was bad enough. True, I always sucked at the original G/S, and I had problems on the same gym leaders I always did. The game kicked it up near the end of Kanto where Blaine can subvert your type advantage, Gary uses Trick Room, and Lance was so powerful that I couldn't beat him with L:80s. That may make me look weak, but there are people worse than me. I don't think it can get more difficult than that and kids would still be able to play it. Want a challenge? Go play the BF. It's not like beating the game is any problem for you. You can probably do it within 12 hours or less. The game was never intended to be that difficult, and the BF was made for the more experienced seeking a challenge. If not even that is a challenge for you, then I have nothing to say to you.

To me, HG/SS was bad enough. True, I always sucked at the original G/S, and I had problems on the same gym leaders I always did. The game kicked it up near the end of Kanto where Blaine can subvert your type advantage, Gary uses Trick Room, and Lance was so powerful that I couldn't beat him with L:80s. That may make me look weak, but there are people worse than me. I don't think it can get more difficult than that and kids would still be able to play it. Want a challenge? Go play the BF. It's not like beating the game is any problem for you. You can probably do it within 12 hours or less. The game was never intended to be that difficult, and the BF was made for the more experienced seeking a challenge. If not even that is a challenge for you, then I have nothing to say to you.

Oh, no the BF is a serious challenge for me. Between actual luck and hax that the AI uses, I only won the Battle Castle(once) so far. I just mean in comparison to other Pkmn games the E4 don't seem that much of a challenge for me. BUT in the time I've created this topic, I challenged the E4 for the rematches for the first time, and I barely made it through the first one, then lost horribly in the second challenge. I am pleased, to say the least.

The Elite Four. If there really needs to be a significant shake-up, they should go ahead and remove the idea of having an E4 altogether (talk about actually throwing you through a loop!).

However, I don't see that happening any time soon nor in the near future. So instead, I guess I'd just prefer it if the Elite 4 methodology remains the same. You face them in a row, earn cash, earn EXP, challenge a stronger variation further in the game at higher levels, yadda-yadda. It works nicely. And then, leave the creative approach to the Frontier Brains, which has worked well for the games.

If they want to change things up, it'll have to be something related to the plot or stories surrounding the Elite 4 (more involvement, greater interaction, a closer relationship, and so on). Trying to alter the core formula could work to upset the game.

Laugh to your heart's content
With pleasure.

I guess someone should change the title to, "Should We Get Much More Smarter E4s", because even though strength is good, it's not as useful without the proper strategy to properly use it. So we don't need higher levels just a better AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom