• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should/Will TPCI Add a PokeRap To the XYAnime?

Sweenix

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
Also, would it be possible? i know you have to leave space for commercials, but with the bulbasaur coming and going, without any cuts i might add, i'm starting to think it could possibly be done.

TPCI has also brought back the Gotta Catch Em All Slogan, which is plastered all over the Pokemon.com website, and on social media. So they obviously know and believe the slogan still has some impact.

Also, With 700+ Pokemon, it would most likely take the entire XY saga to finish it ahaha.

I very much doubt it. There hasn't been an official PokeRap since Gen III, so it would be kind of odd to bring it back now. On top of that, it hasn't been particularly relevant since Kanto, really. The original PokeRap was the only one to be broken one up and featured at the end of episodes on a regular basis. The Johto PokeRap was featured at the end of just one episode (and I believe only for its initial airing, at that), and the Hoenn PokeRap didn't even receive an official video.

Besides which, the whole concept just seems incredibly dated and 90s to me. Maybe I'm not qualified to judge as I don't listen to much contemporary chart music these days, but is rapping still considered the go-to method to appear hip and happenin' with the kids?

Last edited:
I would'nt like it, and I sorta don't think it will come back. Most likely prob due to time restrants that Cartoon Network prob has.

"Can't Stop Catchin' Em All" is similar in concept, so it's not like they haven't done it recently. I don't really expect them to, but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

I think it's rather unlikely as some people have already mentioned in the thread. They haven't done it since like Generation III and I don't think they would randomly bring it back now. It doesn't seem that practical. Also, it might just be me, but "at least 718 and more to see" doesn't sound as charming as the original :p

The original aired through all of Season 1.

I doubt that it will return. But I never expect "Gotta catch'em all" (reminiscent of the fad that it ended with Gen III) to return neither.

Actually in the latter half of season 1 they replaced it with Pikachu's Jukebox.
It really depends what you consider season 1. Technically, they switched over during the Indigo arc, but the PokeRap goes through the first batch of episodes on Kids' WB. 2.B.A. Master was released in the Summer of 1999, so some time after that is when they switched over.

I don't think the Pokerap will return for the XY series, unless episodes are cut down a bit to include it or Cartoon Network decides that it likes showing endings during the credits again.

One thing they could do, is have a Pokerap type opening. That would be a welcome change, and with less Pokemon it may work with the short amount of time they like using on the opening theme in the dub these days.

Actually in the latter half of season 1 they replaced it with Pikachu's Jukebox.
It really depends what you consider season 1. Technically, they switched over during the Indigo arc, but the PokeRap goes through the first batch of episodes on Kids' WB. 2.B.A. Master was released in the Summer of 1999, so some time after that is when they switched over.

If you define "season" in terms of how the episodes were grouped and aired in the US (which seems pertinent here), then Pikachu's Jukebox was first used at the start of Season 3 (the second season on Kids W.B.).

sigh I'm so sad over the whole "season" confusion...
Seasons 1-8 are 52 eps exactly regardless of opening/saga/anything
Season 1 used Pokérap for all its 52 eps, while Season 2 used Pikachu's Jukebox for all its 52 eps as well...
anyway, since Season 3 was the last time we ever had such "ending songs", and since even the openings nowdays are restricted to 30 seconds, I find it very unlikely they'll do that again

Maybe as a DVD extra or promotional video on Youtube, but not in the TV broadcasts. Like Piplup said, the openings are restricted to 30 seconds and there isn't even an ending theme. They clearly aren't being given any room to add stuff because the network wants more advertising space.

And honestly, given they used a remix of the 4Kids opening for an advertisement, and are bringing back things like Gotta Catch Em All, I could see them doing it. This whole gen seems to be a giant nostalgia trip.

With TPCI redoing the original theme, the chances of a pokerap is becoming more likely :)

Maybe as a DVD extra or promotional video on Youtube, but not in the TV broadcasts. Like Piplup said, the openings are restricted to 30 seconds and there isn't even an ending theme. They clearly aren't being given any room to add stuff because the network wants more advertising space.

And honestly, given they used a remix of the 4Kids opening for an advertisement, and are bringing back things like Gotta Catch Em All, I could see them doing it. This whole gen seems to be a giant nostalgia trip.

True, I can see that being some promotional video on Youtube or something, but there's like no chance at all for this to be in the actual episodes... it's really one of the more disappointing points of the dub, I'd love it to have proper openings and ending themes as well, but it seems like a lost case by now

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom