• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

• Yes

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Why (do you vote this option?)

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Shouldn't he be famous for having the natural gift of immortality? Seeing as, you know, he never ages a day, even on his birthday.

But yeah, at this point he probably should have SOME notoriety. Unless we're to believe the majority of Pokémon trainers go through what Ash goes through- 5+ years of wandering about and training, seeing several Legendary Pokémon on the way, beating all Gym's and getting far in Championships/Leagues.

It would make sense for someone like Shirona or another champion to have some degree of fame, but someone like Satoshi? Personally, I believe being a skilled Pokemon trainer with some degree of success in regional leagues does not necessarily equate to worldwide renown. To date his only significant victories have been in the Orange League and the Battle Frontier. As a result of those two victories, perhaps it's a little unrealistic that only a couple of people are seen to have known Satoshi from his battles, but I certainly agree that the anime's depiction of Satoshi remaining an "everyman" despite his battle prowess is certainly fitting.

But he saved the world like 10-15 times already. That has to count for something. And off topic here isn't it funny how there are 10 Pokemon that created the World? Like Giratina, Palkia, Dialga and Arceus in Sinnoh. Reshiram and Zekrom in B&W then Rayquoza.

I chose no because he is not a super star. BUT in fact he is the Top 4 in Sinnoh League. Being the rival of Ash, Trip should have done research on him, just like how Conway do research before battling his opponent. And when he do his research, he should have realized Ash is a strong trainer.

People who know Ash should have find this out, but not everyone should know Ash.

If Yugi from yugioh can be famous, then I don't see why Ash can't be well known as well. When ever everyone comes up to him, no one knows or cares about him. I'm surprised that no one knew about him when he went to Unova especially after his battle with Tobais like that.

He won't be till they end the show, if even then.

Ash is bad luck, who ever is with him always have to deal with these extreme disasters. :p

I think that Ash should get some recognition but NOT be super famous.

They should go the Max route and occasionally have a person say "Hey aren't you that guy who won the Orange League/Defeated Tobias' Darkrai/etc"

But him becoming a complete celebrity would damage his role as the audience surrogate. He still needs to be relatively unknown so that the young audience can relate to him.

I fully agree, his league successes aren't worth much fame (except maybe beating legendary in Sinnoh) and sure regional tournaments must not mean much in other regions, especially if you don't win them but things like saving the world and beating evil teams should be broadcasted in news of other regions as well. Therefore I think a bit of fame is in order for Ash.

There are probably like, dozens of regions in the Pokemon world, probably more. Some kid who's kinda gotten far in 5 or so of them in this huge world isn't really that big a deal, since there are probably loads of kids who do the same thing.

I kinda see the whole league tournaments similar to the Olympics - there are going to be a few home favorites and recurring competitors, but for the most part, it's full of newcomers and people who are more or less under the radar. Their visibility is really determined by the fans, which some fans might be more interested than others (like Max, for example, who probably follows all the league tournaments very closely). For the majority of the population, they probably just watch the league for entertainment, and can't bother spending their time keeping up with the specifics of it (kinda like me, when I watch the Olympics, lol)

As for Ash saving the world nearly a dozen times...How many of those times were publicized? And how likely do you think people are going to remember his name even if they were? IDK, it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me XD

I believe he should, inside his universe, it would make sense. He hasn't won a League yet, and what he does in the movies isn't really known by the rest of the world, but placing Top 4 in the Sinnoh League after beating a freaking Darkrai and a Latios of all things should make him at least slightly famous. Not to mention Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn isn't too bad either. And he's Champion of the Orange Leagues. We also can't forget that he defeated the Battle Frontier. Now, the Battle Frontier thing might not be well known, but the League matches are broadcast on TV so people should know him.

Of course that doesn't mean I'd like him to be famous. Two or three people recognizing him would be fine, but imagine if we had an obligatory minute or so every episode for a fan to be like "OMG U BEAT DARKRAI OMG OMG OMG!!!" (Actually, it wouldn't really be OMG, since god=taboo in the dub, but that's beside the point XD) Max knowing him was a nice little moment, but for every episode or every few episodes? God, no. It would be hilarious to see him react to fangirls, though. He'd friendzone them all without noticing. Poor clueless kid XD

I don't think he's done anything to garner that much attention. Sure, he's participated in the Leagues, and has done very well, but what has he done that would give him the label of "Superstar"?

If Yugi from yugioh can be famous, then I don't see why Ash can't be well known as well.

Because Yugi is haxxed to win all tournaments and Satoshi didn't win any?
I watch yugioh and as far as I know that Atem was the main character in first few series until he's name was reveal !
Back then he was called Dark Yugi!!!
Plus , I didn't saw Atem to use magic during his dual! Off course he got people in Shadow game but not in a Dual!
He was also defected by a Normal human once and because of it Yugi got his soul sealed in order to save Atem!
Plus , Do you think Yugioh would be popular if Yugi & Atem use Magic to cheat & win every dual !
As far as I know , Nobody like's a cheater !
Anyway , Within this 15 year , Ash should have won a Major individual Tournament & become a superstar by now like Yugioh!
Not Just in Yugioh , almost all the protagonist of a Kids Sport Anime Wion something big & become some sort of Superstar!
Like Beyblade , Inazuma eleven , Prince of Tennis , Bakugun , Dual master etc !
But Ash still a nobody!!!!
I mean , we reach the 15 anniversary and Ash haven't won a single Major Individual Tournament!
Even a more pathetic protagonist like Yuma from Yugioh Zexal won the ''World Dual Carnival'' while Ash isn't allowed to win a ''Junior Cup'' for the sake of some other chatacter!
Nice way to celebrate the 15 Anniversary !
I mean , Ash winning the Junior Cup & becoming some sort of superstar in Unova might play a important role in Unova League conference !
We might see various CotD in Unova League showing interest in Ash & targeting him because he won Junior Cup & researching about his Battling Style !
Well , If you guys have any imagination then you people know what I'm saying!!!

I think we all have enough of an imagination not to want Ash be the same as every other sport anime protag out there :p
That and Pokémon isn't even a sport Anime...

Seriously though, that sounds absolutely boring and unnecessary. We already saw the DP League participants research eachother regardless of fame so it would be absolutely pointless to have him be famous.

Also, we don't even know who wins the World Cup so much of your argument is completely flawed.

Even a more pathetic protagonist like Yuma from Yugioh Zexal won the ''World Dual Carnival'' while Ash isn't allowed to win a ''Junior Cup'' for the sake of some other chatacter!

I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen for another few weeks, but I still see the point you're making here. Though, the difference is that tournaments in Yu-Gi-Oh! usually involve a villain that threatens the characters' lives, if not the world, so it would be more important for the main character to win the tournament than it would be for Ash to win something like the Junior World Cup. He could still win it, but it isn't necessary for the story like it tends to be for Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists.

I don't think it's really necessary for Ash to be famous by this point. He's a good trainer, but I don't know if his skills should make him famous. All of the attention would just go to his head anyway. It could be kind of interesting at first, but it seems unnecessary to me.

That and Pokémon isn't even a sport Anime...
This anime about Ash's journey to become a Pokemon Master which is probably a high position for a Pokemon Trainer!
And those Pokemon Trainer participate in Pokemon Battle!
And Pokemon Battle is a ''Sport'' in Pokemon Universe!
Writer should focus on that but instate they focus on Ash's random journey to random thing!
A good Story need's a Goal & writer has to put all his focus on that Goal!
So , Writer should focus on Ash's goal of becoming a Pokemon Master rather then some random stuff & character!
Unless Pokemon Anime is about ''Saving the World'' Like Pokemon Adventure Manga!
I mean, From you point of view , Bakugun & Yugioh also shouldn't consider Sport anime since they focus on ''Saving The World'' but their Protagonist reach a high position within first & second season!
I think we all have enough of an imagination not to want Ash be the same as every other sport anime protag out there :p
And If you talk about Other Kid sport Anime Protagonist Then Ash probably the Worst Anime Protagonist!
Because
Not only Ash failed to win any major individual Tournament and gain any fame , he also got defected by a complete rookie Twice!
Seriously though, that sounds absolutely boring and unnecessary. We already saw the DP League participants research eachother regardless of fame so it would be absolutely pointless to have him be famous.
Not really !
In Sinnoh , there wasn't any CotD in Sinnoh League conference & they only research about the person they gonna battle next or the person who has the highest chance of winning!
However , Writer can make Unova League longer this time with various CotD !
I would love to see the CotD's playing much greater role then just showing up ,Get beaten & Leave!
I don't wanna see A League Conference where Ash only gonna beat Bianca , Steven ,Trip & New Rival!
Writer can create various CotD with personality & Back-story that play's a important role in their Battle with Ash!
In Ash's first League Battle , Various CotD might make their debut watching Ash from the background ! Those Cotd also might get their own friend there supporting them like Ash! They gonna watch Ash's battle & comment on that ! But For them to watch & Analise Ash's battle so closely , Ash need to do something which is gonna make him the 2ND Threat!
Like how Drew was the 2nd Threat in Hoenn Grand Festival!
I always hated how people fawn over him while Ash get treated like nobody!
Also, we don't even know who wins the World Cup so much of your argument is completely flawed.
With some Ash-hater writing the Anime , I find it less hopeful that they will be kind enough to let Ash win this!!!
I always wish writer gonna prove me wrong but they keep proving I'm right about everything I say about them!
They are focusing some much on other character that they totally ignoring Ash!
They probably think Ash doesn't need any development because he's a main character so they should use Ash as a Main scapegoat for other character development!
So, They probably might just waste this tournament for some other character like Trip or Iris!
Even though , Ash need much more development then other character since he's the main character!

Last edited:
Has he won more than 1 regional League? No? Then he's just another trainer easily forgotten once he moved out of that region.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom