• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Show us your Pokemon!

Batch 2

Last batch. Again, sorry!!

Final team is Stonjourner, Frosmoth, Grimmsnarl, Pincurchin, Appletun and Cursola

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2019-11-27, às 23.02.38.png
    Captura de ecrã 2019-11-27, às 23.02.38.png
    568.5 KB · Views: 50
My championship team in Shield.

Warren (Cinderace) level 61
Lynx (Meowstic M) level 61
Ilya (Perrserker) level 60
Lobo (Manectric) level 60
Ribbons (Ribombee) level 61
Ami (Vaporeon) level 62

Had to take the picture from this angle so Ribbons wouldn’t get obscured.

Attachments

• 25236B56-F973-4500-8BF6-442CD710F3B7.jpeg
    25236B56-F973-4500-8BF6-442CD710F3B7.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 65
Sal the Inteleon
Bewear
Ferrothorn
Noctowl
Grimmsnarl
Galvantula

this is in sword, my team in shield will be different.

Caught a Roselia in a raid and evolved it into a Roserade.

AC5-EB3-C3-E32-B-404-E-8-AF4-F545-F6-E779-E5.jpg

It's taken Flygon's spot in my party for some reason. I finally have some good type coverage, I guess.

This is the first game I am going to actively try to get some shiny pokemon. however, while trying to fulfill my dex, I found a shiny Durant. Not a fan of Durant, but this shiny gives me a new perspective of him and I really like him.
How are shiny pokemon and hunting different in this game compared to past games? Is it easier now? And it seems that eggs are the easiest way to go? my goal is to get a shiny appletun at the very least.

How are shiny pokemon and hunting different in this game compared to past games? Is it easier now? And it seems that eggs are the easiest way to go? my goal is to get a shiny appletun at the very least.
The more you defeat/catch a certain species of Pokemon, the likelier it is that you will find a shiny one. The shiny chance increase maxes out after 500 encounters at a 6x multiplier applied to the shiny encounter rate. I'm not certain if the increased likelihood only applies to wild encounters though. Not only that, there are two types of shiny Pokemon now--though they are identical color-wise. The difference is that the first type of shiny will have stars appear as its sparkles while the other will have squares.

I figure the Masuda Method will still be the easiest method. Getting the shiny charm and a foreign Ditto/Applin and probably defeating/catching 500+ Applin will maximize your chances of getting a shiny.

The more you defeat/catch a certain species of Pokemon, the likelier it is that you will find a shiny one. The shiny chance increase maxes out after 500 encounters at a 6x multiplier applied to the shiny encounter rate. I'm not certain if the increased likelihood only applies to wild encounters though. Not only that, there are two types of shiny Pokemon now--though they are identical color-wise. The difference is that the first type of shiny will have stars appear as its sparkles while the other will have squares.

I figure the Masuda Method will still be the easiest method. Getting the shiny charm and a foreign Ditto/Applin and probably defeating/catching 500+ Applin will maximize your chances of getting a shiny.
yeah i wasn't sure if the defeating/catching rate had anything to do with the breeding. oddly enough my durant is squares and completely random as that was my 3rd defeat of a durant.

Here’s my current team at the moment:
Sarunori the Grookey
IMG_2067.jpg

Shy at first, Sarunori never thought he would someone's first Pokemon. That all changed today. Now he is very happy and eager, willing to fight to the very end to protect his trainer. Unfortunately despite his best efforts, the other members of the team seem to be afraid of him (maybe it's his stick?)

Meowth
IMG_2068.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg

A gift from my character’s father. Meowth is very curious and always picking up new things. A very sociable Pokémon, Meowth enjoys challenging the other Pokémon to races, playing fetch, and chowing down on curry.

Sir Dinadin the Rookidee
IMG_2069.jpg

A very cheerful bird that likes to be in the here and now. A very proud bird, he can’t resist bragging about his prowess in battle and won’t back down from any fight. Tyrogues everywhere beware!

Darkheart the Nickit.
IMG_2070.jpg

A very mischievous and playful Pokémon that likes to steal thrown balls and bring them back. She and Meowth are best friends.
IMG_2076.jpg

YIYIYEE!!! the Chewtle
IMG_2071.jpg

Named after the Turtleman’s catchphrase on “Call of the Wildman”. So far she’s been pretty withdrawn towards me and the others but she’s been opening up to Meowth. Tanky with powerful jaws, YIYIYEE!!! does not like losing.

Boltena the Yamper
IMG_2072.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg

This gal ran into me on Route 2. She loves nothing more than playing with the feather toy with her best pal, BaaBaa the Wooloo

Along with the aforementioned, I also have a Purrloin named after my cat Lacy that loves to twirl, a Galarian Zigzagoon, a Flapple, and a Snom (those last two were traded to me.)

Last edited:
Man, your Dinadan is actually a male.

I need to pay attention when naming my Pokemon. My female Sylveon is named Dinadan and my male Roserade is named Amy,
If it makes you feel better, I have another game file on Shield where I have a female Scorbunny named Campion. :p

Not much team changes but here’s some pics of my newest teammate.
Kiteruguma the Stufful (along with Baby Bear)
IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg
IMG_2089.jpg

I found these two amongst the tall grass of East Lake Axewell. The male was hard to wittle down but that was nothing compared to the challenge Kiteruguma gave me. She fought back paralysis and broke out about half of my Pokéballs and knocked out four of my Pokémon before I was finally able to catch her. Now she is a pretty cheerful and friendly Pokémon towards me that loves calm surroundings but she’s still pretty ruthless towards any of her opponents. Even a single Tackle can render an opponent unconscious.

There are people who would kill for a female starter, given the gender ratio on those things.
Normally I’d agree with you but I feel like this generation I’ve heard of more and more people getting female Starters on their first try, especially with Scorbunny. I'm wondering if the gender ratio for the starters at the beginning of the game was toggled with when they were shiny locked? :unsure:

Sir Dinadin evolved this morning.
IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg
And he wants to be with me forever! :cry:

I also got;
Gar-Chan the Growlithe
IMG_2110.jpg
and
Musashi the Sizzlipede
IMG_2111.jpg

e6f8b868-3fe3-4706-bfe7-a97cb3d85c80.JPG

IMG_2112.jpg

We haven't gotten to know each other too much yet but she's quite a proud girl that will do her best and wants you to know it. She has already taken down a trainer's Budew and Gossifluer that were three levels higher than her all by herself.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom