• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Shuckle Vs. Cloyster

Shuckle

Link animated Avatar FTW!
Reaction score
Spr_5b_213.png
VS
Spr_5b_091.png

So everyone, I am here again to host another of my contest halls (a pokemon Vs. another pokemon)

The two pokemon with the highest defense stats. Which one is better, Shuckle or Cloyster. Is it because of it's appearance, easier to find, better moveset, better shiny sprite? Or any other question about these two pokemon.

I vote for Shuckle because I really like it's shiny form and it's the first shiny pokemon I ever saw from the Pokemon Anime. And, it's my favorite pokemon, as you can see, my profile picture is a shiny shuckle.

Oh and comment why you voted for that pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote Cloyster because I like its face, the fact that pearls can be stolen from it, and that it is much more useful for battles than Shuckle (at least for me).

I like Shuckle because it gets the best troll moves like Power Trick, and Power/Guard Split moves.

Imagine it splitting your offensive stat essentially in half and still having to go against that thing.

Shuckle, I love that guy. I especially love Power Split, Gyro Ball, and Stone Edge Combo mine has going. >:D

I voted for Shuckle, because I use him a lot in online battles, and he's an awesome Toxic Staller (Toxic, Knock Off, Protect and Rest). I won some battle because of him.

I vote for Shuckle. It's cuter & has better design than Cloyster. Plus its defenses is MONSTER compared to Cloyster's.

Cloyster after it gets in one Shell Smash it can rip thought team pretty fast.

Design-wise? Shuckle. Its derpy face can be pretty adorable.

Battle-wise, Cloyster any day if we're talking about Gen V. Skill Link + Shell Smash + Icicle Spear/Rock Blast can be devastating if you let it set up and you don't have anything scarf'd that can beat it.

Battle and in-game Cloyster is just far superior to Shuckle thanks to Shell Smash Skill Link, and several usable stab moves. Lookswise, they're about even to me, so Cloyster gets the nod overall.

I like Shuckle because it gets the best troll moves like Power Trick, and Power/Guard Split moves.

Imagine it splitting your offensive stat essentially in half and still having to go against that thing.

This.

Shuckle is so adorable, too :3

As much as I like Shuckle, I'm gonna have to vote for Closter. Cloyster's got a pretty underrated design, and the fact that it's a Water type clinches the victory for it.

Cloyster can be useful in multiple ways (Shell Smash, Iron Defense, etc) and has a nice typing.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom