• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: Side Show

Cabaret

I feel so much spring...
Reaction score
Alright, yet another story I'd like to start up. This one is special, it's going to be written in epic poem format, so let's see how far I get before it stops becomign witty. I've always wondered what kind of music they listen to in the ole' regions,
so this was written. They apparently like the 1920s-1930s music. For now. Also, Sapphire Maple is my character, not any other of the canon or manga characters. I just like the name Sapphire, that, I promise you is the only resemblance she has to any other of the characters named Sapphire.

The lights were up, the seats were filled, the smoke was musky and the drinks were chilled,
The drum was steady and nice refined, the beats had a patter that made a sleek rhyme.
An announcer stood on the top of a chair, his hum-drum voice filled the stench of the air.

"Ladies and gentleman, girls and boys, I am proud to announce with such infinite joy,
the woman whose voice could bring the house down, and would cause loud gasps and
never bring frowns. She comes here from Hoenn, her beauty her staple, the one,
the only, Sapphire Maple!"

The trumpets blared, a marching tune, something jazzy, not like a saloon.
Sapphire appeared with a radiant look, one that was classy, every guy shook.
Her short black raven hair, stood out with triumph, an undiscribable flare,
she swayed to the music, keeping time with the beat, her legs were attractive-
she had dancers feet.

"I'll tell you now, I'll tell you right, the world is gonna stop tonight.
Let's kick it up, the music's fine, I'll uncork another bottle of wine.
The jazz is cool, the tempo's right, the sync is gonna cause a fright.
Let's have a ball, let the tune overcome, when we're out of wine I'll grab the rum,"

She was on the scene, no dout about that, she had all the moves, a clever cat.

"The club's been good, the clubs been great, drinkin', loungin',stayin' late.
So don't have a cow when the beat get's rough, the jazz'll stay smooth and ambition tough.
So I've kept my vow, through and through, remember this: this is for you."

Suddenly the steady, wind like music turned to brass, her dancers body moved with a sass.
She'd simply shake, the audience would quake, and brassy music would happiness make.

"And life....on one side is pure and free of sin.
And life.....on the other side is love, and fears, and gin!"

Now the music was louder, the beat forever a chill, the style all-aroud loudest, the thumping would cause

a great thrill!

"The night is young, the sparks will fly, the temp is hot and the mood is high,
let go of stress, let go of sleep, melodey forever yours, forever mine to keep.
high kick, low kick, high kick, low kick, though no one can resist my kick,
So take a road, a road you'll choose, my route is grand, this is for you!

The show's never boring, with loving and booze....

Reputable for quality! This is for you!!!"

She marched around the stage, recieving a thunderous applause, her fans would give her hearty guffaws.

And Sapphire, though the greatest jazz singer in all of the nation, and could cause such perfect, simple
elation, did not know that her world would take a tragic turn, when her music would ultimatly,

unfathomably: burn.

Maybe it was the market, or maybe it was the news, maybe it was prohibition, the lacking of the booze.
But Sapphire soon became a face in the crowd, as the times were changing fast, and the music, her sweet music, became a thing of the past.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of making this a series. Does it serve potential? The music was kinda fun to write, parodying old songs and such.

I've also added the lines:

Maybe it was the market, or maybe it was the news, maybe it was prohibition, the lacking of the booze.
But Sapphire soon became a face in the crowd, as the times were changing fast, and the music, her sweet music, became a thing of the past

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom