• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Signature team

edmek55555

Reaction score
With the ever changing metagame does anyone still have a signature team that they never change? I have been trying to make a team like that but I so far have only 2 permanent members. (cofagrigus and chansey always serve me well). So what I would like to know is, is there anyone who has a permanent team with the meta so focused on substitutions?

So far, it's Scrafty, but I have a feeling Dragalge will become a permanent member as well ^_^

IMO Scrafty is such a powerful 'mon regardlessly, so with the right attack it can devour those pesky fairies before they can >:3

i have been using the same team for weeks now, but mainly because im too lazy to train the other pokes i want to try, but it it works very well in the random match ups: Mega zard Y, Lapras, Ludicolo, Sceptile, Haxorus, Excadrill (sometimes i replace haxorus for a venomoth)

Mega Mawile, Reuniclus, Milotic, Ninetales, and Gengar have all been consistent members of my team, especially my Mega Mawile, Milotic, and Reiunclus who work awesomely as a Trick Room trio.

On my dark-type team, the ones I always have to keep on my team are Spiritomb, Drapion, and maybe Houndoom and Malamar too. They're some of my favorite Pokemon, and all of them are at least okay in battle. I also really like Honchkrow, but lately I've been thinking about trying a Mandibuzz instead.

Bisharp is my signature Pokémon, and my Dark gym team goes through fewer substitutions than a lot of the other Gym teams so I guess you could call it my sig team. If you wanna know what the other five are you'll have to sign up for Season 1 of the Bulbagarden Battle League, earn 8 badges, and take me on in the Elite 4 though. >;3

My Infernape will never leave my main team and ever since I beat White 2 I got a trio of friends, my Infernape, my Blastoise, and my Serperior. I also got an Umbreon and he's been doing very well. His set is Dark Pulse, Toxic, Protect and Moonlight. Finally I've got my Delphox and my Aegislash.

I play a high-aggression team, and my mainstays since Gen 4 have been Scizor, Gyarados and Jolteon. Other than those three, I change my lineup pretty often depending on what I feel like playing, but I also tend to use Gengar, Lucario, Garchomp, and Zoroark a lot.

I'm currently working on a sun team though, so depending on how that goes I may change up my playstyle.

Unless I'm playing a very specific challenge (like my current Cat Team) Mienshao & Watchog will always be in my teams - there just isn't any possible way for me to replace them, I would be devastated if they left my team - in a way they are the two Pokemon I rely on the most.

Slowly, Meowstic is reaching that level too - those 3 will probably be my "new regulars".

Since 3rd Gen I have 2 mainstays in my team: Bellossom and Gardevoir. They're my top two favorite Pokémon ever, and I doubt I'll ever replace them.

The other 4 Pokémon see more variation, but usually with common trends.

Electric Type: Jolteon, Manectric, Ampharos, Luxray
Water Type: Blastoise, Tentacruel, Gastrodon
Powerhouse 1: Pinsir, Hitmonchan, Conkeldurr
Powerhouse 2: Salamence, Krookodile, Excadrill

Since 4th Gen, my most common lineup is Bellossom, Gardevoir, Pinsir, Tentacruel, Salamence, and Luxray. I am changing it up a tad for 6th Gen though, as it eases up training and breeding a whole lot.

Blastoise and Raichu have ALWAYS been on my team. I'd drop Raichu if necessary, but Blastoise is just...he can't leave. And my shiny Mismagius has become a permanent member as well.

Golduck. I have a Psyduck plush up on my shelf, so I use its evolved form whenever I can.

I most often use (Mega) Lucario, Zapdos (mandatory flying service), Delphox, Floatzel and Zoroark, and either Sylveon or Xerneas for Fairy coverage. Oftentimes I swap them out for other Pokemon I'm currently leveling up though, and sometimes for variety. Before I had Zapdos and Zoroark in my team I tended to use Raichu and Absol.

Chansey is pretty much always good, but I usually always change out my teams. I think my most common pokes are Sabeleye and Ferrothorn.

My absolute most signature pokemon is my umbreon, Eclipse. I first got her on Platinum, a game which has a special place in my heart for re-introducing me to pokemon after (too) many years without playing it much. Back then, she was the highlight of my team, and was also the first pokemon to get me to use tactics in battle, rather than just attacking. So, yeah, she's very dear to me.

Since then, my other two signature pokemon are my vaporeon, Maelstrom, and my red gyarados, Squall, both from SoulSilver. Maelstrom was the first pokemon I ever EV trained (maximising HP and Def) and now he's one of my main competitive battlers. Squall was my first ever shiny, even if she was admittedly the one from the lake of rage, still counts, and like Maelstrom, she's a good battler.

Those three are currently living in my Black 2 game, and haven't moved on to Y because of my doubts about pokemon bank.

In Y, my signatures are my delphox, Flameyes, my talonflame, Robin, my sylveon, Kyrox, and my glaceon, Quartz. And my zigzagoon, Tanuki. Flameyes and Robin were my first two gen 6 pokemon (also the first two pokemon I got in Y at all) so that makes them special, particularly Flameyes, as he was my starter. Kyrox and Quartz I caught together, and then promptly decided they were obviously brothers. Obviously!! So that makes them special. I also wanted sylveon because it was a new eeveelution, so why wouldn't I want it, and I wanted glaceon because I felt very guilty about never having owned one before. And they're both brilliant. And then Tanuki is just Tanuki. Zigzagoon is probably my favourite normal type, as well as possibly being my favourite gen 3 pokemon, its only competition coming from absol. Plus there's something specific about Tanuki that just amuses me. Anyway, I'm very pleased to own a zigzagoon at long last, so that merits him a spot here. He should be honoured.

Hmmm, no ninetales or vulpix. That's odd. Maybe I'll add one for... first dream world pokemon? I'll have to get it first.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom