• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Signature team

Jeeze, Lord Kyuubi, you sound exactly like me.

My signiture Pokemon are Hiei, my Arcanine and Voltekker, my Jolteon. When I was ten or eleven when the first games came out, Arcanine was the first Pokemon I ever identified as my favorite. He's just so cool-looking! I've never gotten over that boyish "whoa, so cool" love for Arcanine, even as he's become more and more competitively useless with each successive generation.

Now, though, I say he's four-way-tied for utter favorite alongside Jolteon, who was always my favorite Eevee, Cubone, who I feel represents me - if I had a Pokemon spirit-animal, it'd be Cubone - and Bulbasaur, my first-ever Pokemon and emblem of my favorite type, Grass.

I also always really, really liked Tangela for the way he looks in the anime and art, even though I don't like him mechanically and prior to Gen VI his in-game sprites were always pretty dumb-looking. And Farfetch'd, too, I like him a lot.

My Bulbasaur is named Bud (after a little spider, actually, that lived on my front porch one spring), my Cubone Sammy (from Japanese "samishii" or "lonliness"), my Tangela Snap and my Farfetch'd Oscar. Though in-game I prefer all-caps names. Influence of the prior generations, heh.

I originally thought he was kinda dumb-looking, but because he was so useful, I've grown fond of my Zigzagoon, Bolt, from Emerald, too. I got him 'cause I read he was an excellent HM slave and I love Pickup. I started out feeling like I had uglied-up my team with this joker, but I guess 'cause I caught him so early in the game and had him all the way through (to take advantage of Pickup) he grew on me.

Haven't uploaded any of mine yet. Mostly 'cause I've never actually beaten any Gen IV or Gen V game, heh.

I always have a Gallade with me. Now I have my two, Arminius and Cleddyf. I usually have a Glaceon around, too.

Breloom is my signature team member in singles, and in doubles it's Heliolisk. That thing is a beast when paired with something with water absorb.

My in-game teams normally have Chandelure, Lucario and Azumarill. Also a Zangoose, which is constantly in the PC, but at the same time constantly on hand due to being designated False Swiper :D

In the Generation V games, I had two different sets of teams -->

* The evolved starters plus Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour.
* Lucario + evolved starter alone to attempt having only a 2-Pokemon team in-game.

I mainly focused on in-game teams, and moveset variety to make up for lack of types.

Not really. I have over 30 battle ready Pokemon I cycle. If I'm re-battling someone I am likely to change my Party to counter theirs. I will almost always include my shiny Umbreon though. It has poor IVs and a Jolly Nature but It has Heal Bell and Foul Play so it generally does what Umbreon do better then the Umbreon I bred and raised in X and Y.

Feraligatr has been in my battles frequently since I learned it is a perfect Assault Vest holder. It is almost certain to get some Power-up Punch Attack boosts before exploiting STAB/Torrent Aqua Jet.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom