• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Silvally really needs a buff

And yet, you enforce the idea that Silvally knows its attacks as an excuse to counter them - yet many Pokemon could have these attacks to counter the beasts as well.

And also, I actually pointed out: By the logic of "lore," they could have just gave the "Bootleg Arceus" the movepool of the deity instead, as opposed all these weird attacks Arceus can't learn. Is that to say something about Arceus being unable to counter the ultrabeasts without these attacks it cannot learn? That's strange logic...

No, I didn't say it was to counter them, I said it COULD have been their way at diversifying between the two movepools because one is designed specifically to attack. The moves themselves are mostly Normal-type and don't provide any actual advantage against the UBs, this is my thought process for a story-wise addition of moves, not meta-game.

Arceus is not a Beast Killer, he is a Legendary on his own with no connection to the UBs, so he doesn't need all those extra moves to have an advantage against them; he's not meant to fight them. Silvally was designed with battle in mind, so I theorize that as being the reason for the additional offensive moves that Arceus does not have.

Arceus is the inspiration they took, so I believe the basis of them should be the same (such as Abilities being the same, not Silvally's being better just for the sake of the metagame), but if Silvally is specifically designed to defeat something in mind, it makes sense that they wouldn't just stop at Arceus' movepool and would engineer it to have more moves to make use of in battle~

Arceus is not a Beast Killer, he is a Legendary on his own with no connection to the UBs, so he doesn't need all those extra moves to have an advantage against them; he's not meant to fight them. Silvally was designed with battle in mind, so I theorize that as being the reason for the additional offensive moves that Arceus does not have.

Hold on - why wouldn't Arceus have any connection to the ultra beasts if the people who created Silvally thought that using its type changing power would be the best way to deter them? Also, why wouldn't Arceus's movepool be unable to stop them? It's so much more vast anyways.

Also, remember that Silvally is human made, and they could, in an alternate storyline, make adjustments so that the Type Changing effect is not tied to Abilities and held items. Instead, like I said, it could be a key item that does this, and it would free up those slots so it could take on the ultra beasts much more efficiently.

I don't see how this in any way would make Silvally overpowered, nor do I see this as beyond Pokemon technology. Genesect was a human-made Pokemon, and look how even though it has special drives, it has its own powerful ability. We have the Zygarde cube converting cores into legendary forms and giving it new moves and abilities. We have the man-made Mewtwo with mega stones that... existed, somehow. :p

Also, the "Type changing effect" is not Arceus-exclusive. We have the Porygon family with signature moves to change its type. Kecleon has an ability to change its type through an ability after being hit by moves. And Greninja's protean... If you actually think about it, that ability is even more maneuverable than AKS system, as you get to change its type to the move you would have used to stop an Ultra Beast.

Yet for some reason, it is against the law to make a type changing effect as part of a Key item rather than an ability... Sorry, I don't buy that.

Hold on - why wouldn't Arceus have any connection to the ultra beasts if the people who created Silvally thought that using its type changing power would be the best way to deter them? Also, why wouldn't Arceus's movepool be unable to stop them? It's so much more vast anyways.

Also, remember that Silvally is human made, and they could, in an alternate storyline, make adjustments so that the Type Changing effect is not tied to Abilities and held items. Instead, like I said, it could be a key item that does this, and it would free up those slots so it could take on the ultra beasts much more efficiently.

I don't see how this in any way would make Silvally overpowered, nor do I see this as beyond Pokemon technology. Genesect was a human-made Pokemon, and look how even though it has special drives, it has its own powerful ability. We have the Zygarde cube converting cores into legendary forms and giving it new moves and abilities. We have the man-made Mewtwo with mega stones that... existed, somehow. :p

Also, the "Type changing effect" is not Arceus-exclusive. We have the Porygon family with signature moves to change its type. Kecleon has an ability to change its type through an ability after being hit by moves. And Greninja's protean... If you actually think about it, that ability is even more maneuverable than AKS system, as you get to change its type to the move you would have used to stop an Ultra Beast.

Yet for some reason, it is against the law to make a type changing effect as part of a Key item rather than an ability... Sorry, I don't buy that.

What do you mean? As far as we know, Arceus factually has 0 relation to the Ultra Beasts. Silvally's creators using it as an inspiration doesn't suddenly make Arceus itself have any association with the UBs~ And I'm not saying its movepool wouldn have been insufficient, but it does stand to reason that they might have wanted to simply expand upon it.

Yes, that is possible, but unlikely, since GF rarely just changes abilities from game to game unless it's a new form. And I don't really see them adding it into the story for any reason. Also, the game encourages the use of held items so IDK why not holding an item would make taking on UBs "more efficient"~

I've never said these changes would make Silvally OP, nor impossible in the Pokemon world. But just that it doesn't make sense to me that Silvally should have taken inspiration from a Pokemon and yet have abilities that exceed it. Especially since Type:Null in itself was a failure. Perhaps if it succeeded, I could see them having found a way to buff its ability, but since that wasn't the case, it seems fine as is, in my opinion~

Like I said, never said it was impossible for it to be associated with a Key Item, just doesn't fit with its story to me~

I don't think they picked Arceus' ability because of any special connection it has to the Ultra beasts, I think they did it simply because of what the ability is. Of the 7 known ultra beasts, Kartana, Nihilego, Guzzlord and both UB02s are doubly weak to a specific type (Respectably, Fire, Ground, Fairy and Flying). Anything beyond that might just be for symbolism's sake.

I agree, but I think some people have it in their heads that certain form changes requires a held item to be usable online (likely stemming from Shaymin and Hoopa, who had Key items that chnage their forme and their typing, but seem to be unable to be used online unless you're using your party to got to Wi-Fi battles). And ignore that pokemon like Zygarde and Oricorio can permanently chnage their types using items.

They can buff the Memories in lots of different possible ways. That seems like the easiest fix. Obviously doing two or more of these is overkill but here's some ideas:

Give increase power to stab type attacks when holding a Memory

Give a solid rock like ability or make resistances even more effective when holding a memory depending on whether the type has more weaknesses or resistances.

Give Multi-Attack +1 priority when holding a Memory

Give Multi-Attack a secondary effect when holding a Memory depending on the type.

Make Silvally immume to all status conditions or shed skin like ability when holding a Memory.

Give Multi-Attack a Mold Breaker and or tinted Lens like effect when holding a Memory.

etc.

I agree, but I think some people have it in their heads that certain form changes requires a held item to be usable online (likely stemming from Shaymin and Hoopa, who had Key items that chnage their forme and their typing, but seem to be unable to be used online unless you're using your party to got to Wi-Fi battles). And ignore that pokemon like Zygarde and Oricorio can permanently chnage their types using items.

About that: This generation, they fixed this problem. When you box Shaymin-Sky/Hoopa Unbound, they stay in those forms until you take them back out, of which they then revert back into their original forms.

I learned that from looking at the "No Holds Barred" competition, where Shaymin Sky was allowed to be used because of this fix.

I completely agree that Silvally needs a major buff. The drive system is the main thing letting the mon down, basically making it have no item to use and considering it could make great use of some items (Such as lefties and Darkinium Z for parting shot) they definitely need to remove the drives as items. They could do 2 things to change this. They could either have a specific NPC in the game that changes the form on interaction (Similar to the Deoxys meteorite) or have the drives as a key item that works like items like the Prison Bottle. This would free up the item slot for the mon. If we go for this idea, we may also need to give the mon a brand new ability. I suggest giving it adaptability in order to help differentiate itself from Arceus a little (Considering it is only a man made bootleg and could have some differences). The next thing to focus on would be its stats. I'd suggest boosting them all to 100 in order to push it up a little more in the speed tiers and increase its damage further. I'm unsure with even these changes that most of the forms will be able to push up into OU but I'm adamant that they could do well in UU, or at least get banned form RU. I've run a few damage calcs with these changes in mind and it does push its stab moves into 2 shots on alot of mons with max attack and a speed benefiting nature. Example: 252 SpA Adaptability Silvally-Water Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 146-172 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (This is with all changes in mind - including stats)

-Increase Silvally's stats to 100 each to reflect Aether's attempt to recreate a mythical.
-Give the Memories same STAB boost as Arceus' plates.
-Give Multi Attack the same mechanics as Photon Geyser, so now Multi Attack is a physical attack if Silvally's Attack is higher and special if Silvally's special Attack is higher.
- Allow Silvally to change type if holding a Z-Crystal.

A Z-move could overwrite/change the type of Silvally.
Maybe a way to make it dual typed? Z-move+ memory???

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom