• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Silver Wind: A Co-Ordinating Fanfic. (Next Chapter Now Up!)

Nagini

The sixth Horcrux
Reaction score
[YO! READER!

This is a contestshipping Pokemon fanfic. Take it or leave it. R&R is appreciated. This is also my own work and should remain MY OWN work. Stealing is wrong, kiddies.

I wrote this last year on Quizilla.com. I may have missed a few edits though as I had very poor grammar at the time. I went and edited through it pretty quickly. If you notice something that I missed, say the word!

Thanks so much!

-AL
]

1265400379_8301_full.jpeg

NOTE: Artwork is not mine.
Source: Deviantart.
Keyword: Contestshipping

1. Prologue

"What? Are you PMS-ing or something?" Harley chided me.

Anger flowed through me and I retorted, "I'd rather have periods than wet dreams, Harley."

Surprisingly enough, Harley merely smiled and said, "Funny May. Very clever."

So much had changed in the past few days. I left my brother to go off to Kanto. I did not go back to Ash and Brock. I started traveling with Drew and Solidad...and Harley.

There was something about Harley, maybe his stance, maybe the way he spoke, so pompously that I couldn't stand it. Everything he did seemed to tick me off, even to the point where I'd explode at Solidad or Drew because of it. I just couldn't help it.

"I don't like him much either," Drew once confided in me. That gave me some confidence, some alliance.

It wasn't that I didn't like traveling with my group of coordinators. Drew was something like my best friend. He was my age. He was easy to mess with, but he was still charismatic. Not that he didn't manage to tick me off as well, just not quite s much as Harley. Usually, Drew is quite nice to me.

Solidad was like a second mother. She always told Harley, Drew, and me off for arguing, which seemed like an incessant thing. She was kind-hearted though, and definitely meant well, however, seeing as she's the best coordinator out of all of us, it's easy to get right jealous.

So that's our little dysfunctional group: Harley, Drew, Solidad, and me. Funnily enough, we weren't always dysfunctional. Between the four of us, we had won a fair amount of ribbons and trophies. When none of us was pissed off, we got along as siblings do. I liked those days, but they weren't always typical.

No, a typical morning went more like this:

Solidad would make us all a nice little breakfast of ham and cheese omelets and toast, but she would forget that Harley's a vegetarian so Harley would get upset. Solidad would then try to make it better by making him a new plain omelet but then he'd complain about eggs hurting chicken's insides, so Solidad would give up in a huff and Drew and I would snicker into our forks.

Harley would then reprimand us for taking part in the strangulation of chickens and we'd just merely nod and smile like we knew what he was talking about, except that Drew would go too far in his mocking and Harley would notice.

At that point, Harley would take a fistful of onions from next to the stove and fling them at Drew's head. He would duck and the onions would go slamming into the wall behind us. It would soon become a shower of foodstuffs, and I would struggle to make it out of the kitchen alive to alert Nurse Joy.

That's how we get kicked out of Pokemon Centers: with Solidad in near tears, Drew and Harley covered in whatever was on the menu for breakfast, and me trying my best not to roll on the floor laughing.

We weren't always so comical in everything. In fact, when we're in contests we're exactly the opposite. We're graceful, tactful, and pretty intense. Drew always put together these amazing, intricate designs in the air, but half the time they went ever so slightly wrong. Harley created mysterious acts, as if we were in Pokemon theater, but they got him by and were entertaining all the same. Solidad kept it simple, and still shockingly beautiful. The thing about her is that she never got flustered. She was seemingly always at ease when she walked up the steps to a contest.

I, on the other hand, just tried not to mess everything up. In general, I became horribly anxious when I stepped up for primaries, and botched up everything to begin with and tried to pull through at the end. After the whole thing was over and we were about to go into secondaries, Drew usually sat me down and told me I was fantastic. I was so nervous during that time that I usually blew it off, and then he got all blush-y and annoyed and kept to himself. I liked him and everything, but I could never be myself during those contests. I guess that's something I still need to work on.

Now that we're in Kanto, there are no contests. We're just sight-seeing. It was Solidad's idea to show us around, seeing as Kanto is where she's from and she's quite familiar with it.

I don't know about the rest of the group, but I really want to see Fuschia City and visit the Safari Zone. Drew wants to see Viridian City as he's thinking of challenging the Pokemon League as a joke. Harley wants to see the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town, as he likes all things creepy...probably because he is creepy. Solidad wants to check in at home in Pewter and then shop in Celadon.

I didn't know what was going to happen, and, quite frankly, I was a bit afraid to find out. Knowing our group, something both terrible and hysterically funny was just a warm-up.

I still couldn't wait. We would start our journey in Pallet Town.

I've packed up for the trip. I figured I would need extra shirts, extra socks, and extra courage. I didn't know if courage can fit in a suitcase though. That's too bad.

Last edited:
Re: Silver Wind: A Co-Ordinating Fanfic. (Contestshipping!)

2. Chapter 1

The morning went surprisingly well.

We met up with Ash and his mother, Delia, before we left. Harley did not throw a temper tantrum when he was served bacon for breakfast, which leads me to believe that he is not actually a vegetarian. Figures...

As a general rule, any morning in which my bandanna is on the right way and we're all squeaky clean is a successful morning.

Ash was pleased to see me, I think, but not so much pleased to see Drew. I'm not exactly sure why that is, and I'm not sure I really want to find out. Drew claims Ash hates him because he has mad skills, but something makes me highly doubt that.

So with that morning behind us, we set off for Viridian City. Drew was pretty excited, up until Solidad reminded him that he had to get eight gym badges before he could challenge the Pokemon League. I think his dream of challenging the champion may have vanished at that point. He never was one for patience.

The road to Viridian City was the best part of my day and it's clear why.

"Are we there yet?" Harley said as he dragged his feet along the dusty, beaten path.

"Oh would you shut up already?!" screeched an annoyed Solidad. I was shocked that she would use such language, as she claimed all angry slurs were below her, but I guess with the current circumstances...

"Why did we ever think it was a good idea to bring you along?" Drew asked, most likely rhetorically. I don't think Harley understood the rhetorical part though.

"Because I'm an amazing coordinator and..." Harley had proclaimed, but the rest of his droning on was cut of by our loud shouts of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Harley snarled, and Drew, Solidad, and I just shot each other meaningful looks.

Eventually, we reached a small outpost in which a so-called bug master lived. He challenged us to an "ultimate match." I didn't know what an "ultimate match" was, and didn't much care to find out. Solidad must have felt the same way because she grabbed Drew and I and hightailed out of there, leaving Harley shrieking on our heels.

Every argument Drew and Harley have seems to crack me up. For example there was the "bathroom argument":

"I don't know why you take so long in the bathroom, Harley," Drew remarked.

"Yeah, well, at least I don't leave the toilet seat up," smirked Harley.

"You probably don't even put the toilet seat up when you go," said Drew, one eyebrow raised in prediction of Harley's reaction.

"I am a boy, much to the surprise of the rest of you!" Harley screamed, his hands thrown in the air.

People started to stare so I think that's what made Drew leave it at that.

We set up camp just outside of Viridian City. Hopefully, we won't get gored by passing Beedrill or anything like that.

It was cold, so I called out my Blaziken to keep us all warm. By this time, the other three had fallen fast asleep and I was left alone in the night.

"Blaze," Blaziken whispered, nudging my foot gently.

"What?"

Blaziken looked off into the distance. I turned around as quickly as I could, following his gaze.

A glint shone between the trees far away. It made my heart jump.

"Blaziken? Can you hear whatever's out there?"

Blaziken nodded and stepped in front of me, ears perked up in concentration.

"Is it human?" I asked, shivering.

Blaziken nodded again. "Blaze. Ken."

Blaziken implied that there was nothing to be afraid of, so I tried to get back to sleep. It was difficult, seeing as I kept seeing something white in my dreams, just beyond the trees. They were different trees. Nostalgic trees. From where, I had no idea.

I'm bound to find out sooner or later. I would keep this to myself. Perhaps I just imagined it.

3. Chapter 2

The four of us ran down the hill to Viridian City to the beat of "We Are the Champions." That might just be because we were champions for not ripping each other's heads off yet.

Actually, I don't want to rip off anyone's head off yet. I might be the only one thoroughly enjoying myself. I don't think the same can be said for Drew and Harley though. I think I almost peed myself laughing at this morning's "Raisin Bran" argument:

"We cannot have two percent milk, guys! You know how I am about that!" roared Harley angrily.

Drew just smiled as if he didn't know what Harley was talking about.

"You can't tell me you like two percent milk little Drewie!" Harley shrieked, "Oh what is wrong with this world?!"

"Sounds like someone got off on the wrong side of the bed this morning, Harley," Drew said, smiling wider, "Now, do tell me, what is wrong with two percent milk?"

Solidad and I looked at each other in anticipation. This wasn't the first time Harley had explained the sins of drinking milk that wasn't fat-free.

Harley screamed in agony, "Two percent milk in two percent fat! I can't get fat guys! How will that look on stage?! I won't be able to fit in my clothes!"

Drew cut in, "And we definitely won't want you walking around naked..."

Solidad and I burst out laughing. Harley frowned, wringing his hands maniacally.

"I assure you, Rose, that I look better than you naked."

Drew choked on his spoon, "Dude, I'm eating my Raisin Bran. That's dreadful imagery."

"Let's ask the women shall we? Who is more attractive ladies?" Harley sat down alarmingly close to Solidad, but Solidad was laughing too hard to notice.

"Uh, don't drag me into this one guys," I complained, jumping up closer to Drew, "But my money's not on you."

"So it's on me?" Drew whispered in my ear from behind.

"Uh..." I put more space between myself and the two of them, "No, my money's on, um...Solidad, help me out here!"

Solidad chuckled, wiping her eyes, "My money's on Steven Stone."

"Steven Stone?!" Harley exclaimed, "Ew, not him!"

"Steven Stone is pretty fine," Solidad replied, smirking.

"Guys, guys, just let me eat my Raisin Bran, okay?" grumbled Drew, returning to his cereal.

"No, don't eat that, it has two percent milk!" I screeched, in an imitation of Harley that made Drew the offending milk dribble through Drew's nose.

"That's disgusting," Harley muttered to himself, though loud enough for everyone to hear, "I can't believe I travel with you buffoons..." He went on, but we all stopped listening.

Solidad showed us around downtown Viridian later that day, and I learned both what a Teachy TV i, and that I definitely don't want one. We then saw the Viridian City Gym. Drew tried to pry open the doors, in a sad attempt to challenge his first gym, but the doors wouldn't budge and he stopped once we all started getting suspicious looks from the people in neighboring yards.

Apparently Giovanni's been out of town for quite a while now. That sucks for Drew. I guess he'll just have to wait. I think, at this point, his determination to beat the Kanto league might be unraveling ever so slowly.

That was about all the highlights of today. Tomorrow, we set off for the Viridian Forest. This should be fun, seeing as Harley's terrified of bugs, namely Wurmple and Caterpie. Solidad says the forest's bulging with them. Even she had an evil look in her eyes. I couldn't imagine what Drew was thinking of, either, mischievous boy. Poor Harley.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom