• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Silver's Mother

M the Gate

~Music and words~
Reaction score
Okay, so we all know that Giovanni is Silver's father. but who is his mother? It's possible that it isAriana, one of the commanders, due to her and Silver having similar hair styles and colour. But who is it really?

I sincerely apologise if this is in the wrong area, if this is a duplicate of a previous thread, or isn't a good topic. Feel free to delete it.

No idea its never been confermed who it is how ever i do think it is Ariana too for there simaler appernces and both her and giovenii are part of team rocket.

I think it's red's mother.
It could happen!

Totally calling Ariana. red hair, similar style, team rocket, high position. It's pretty obvious.

If Ariana is Rival's (I hatehatehatehate calling him Silver; he needs a NAME, dammit...) mother, then Roark and Mars are his siblings.

Arianna, defienlty. Look at her, there's no mistaking it!

I always thought maybe the mother died or something... As for Ariana, I don't know much about her, she sorta came and left in the games, her role just seems a bit too minor.

Ariana seems like she'd fit the role. She looks so much like Silver it's not even funny. The hair and the eyes especially. Silver received Daddy's mannerisms and mommy's looks, lol.

But, man! I would've liked HGSS to make Ariana Silver's mom to add to his personal conflict. Just think of all the parental problems he'd have...

I DON'T think that Ariana is Silver's mother. She just doesn't strike me as the kind of person Giovanni would sleep with/marry. Even if he is a crime boss.

I am also an Archer/Ariana shipper, so that may come into my reasoning.

Going with the majority beacuse it's the majority because I agree, I'll say Ariana. Poor Silvy's got TR on both sides. poor little asshole

I don't know who silver's mother is but I believe that she died. That's why he is so cynical and, for lack of better words, evil.
I can also see the resemblance with Ariana, but i definately think silver was an orphan for a while with his dad gone and his mom dead.
did i think to much into this? lol

Can we just all say we don't know who she can possibly be? We might not seen every girl/women in Giovanni's lovelife.

How, Ariana does seem the best choice.

I'm thinking either she died, or she simply does not care about her him. If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't think it's Ariana.
Posted via Mobile Device

I remember the days when we didn't care about Silver's parents.

Anyway, I'd guess Arianna.

I don't know who silver's mother is but I believe that she died. That's why he is so cynical and, for lack of better words, evil.
I can also see the resemblance with Ariana, but i definately think silver was an orphan for a while with his dad gone and his mom dead.

Or you know, having a father who's the leader of a crime syndicate might be the reason.

Ariana for sure. Not only do they look very similar but she IS a high ranking rocke exec. Is it so hard to imagine that her and Giovanni had a torrid affair back in the day, with unintended side-effects?

Evil? Really? I know Silver may talk tough but whats the most evil thing he actually does tht we know of? He steals a starter pokemon, which are being given out free in the first place, and then grows a conscience and gives it back. Silver is at worst, IMHO, all about the talk. He longs to be seen as powerful and despises perceived weakness, values which he no doubt picked up from his dad to me but appears to lack the guts to actually do anything properly evil, and eventually settles for good[ish]. Not that I'm bashing him/the character, or your post its just my interpretation.

And I'm sure one of your parents doesn't have to be dead to be evil. In fact, I would've thought you'd be sent in the opposite direction if anything.

To the person below me: Well, we do only have the collector's word for that and if his sneasel did run away as you propose then its totally conceivable that he lied to save face.

Last edited:
Evil? Really? I know Silver may talk tough but whats the most evil thing he actually does tht we know of? He steals a starter pokemon, which are being given out free in the first place, and then grows a conscience and give it back. Silver is at worst, IMHO, all about the talk.
Elm's starters weren't being given out for free though. They were part of his research, and one was given to the protagonist to advance his research on the effects of having Pokemon walk out of their pokeballs with their trainer. Silver stealing a starter derailed his research.

Let's not forget he also steals a Sneasel from a collector in Cianwood, and judging by the dialogue, he didn't bother returning that one. Though, I speculate that the Sneasel actually ran away since it wanted to battle and found a kindred spirit inside Silver. It's inconsistent for Silver to return his starter but not Sneasel.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom