• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Similar Video Game Music

noctiluca

shining in the night
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
What are some video game songs that sound similar to something else you've heard before?
I don't mean being in the same key or having the same chord progression or using similar instrumentation/soundfont. I mean songs that seem like they were inspired by or lightly copied in ideas or motiff. For reference, here's a video with examples. Try to avoid mentioning commonly known examples...

Here's 1 example I could think of myself...

They feel very similar and for reference, ZUN's Phatasmagoria of Dim. Dream was inspired in gameplay by Twinkle Star Sprites, so it's no surprise that ZUN's music was also inspired. I feel like the ostinato in the upper Treble in both songs is too similar to be pure coincidence, but I wouldn't say it's plagarised or anything to that level.

Back
Top Bottom