• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Art Gallery Q&A

Re: Simple Q&A Artist Alcove Edition

Yes, you are. You can post sketches, illustrations and photoshopped works in the Alcove if you want to showcase them or ask for critique. The Spriter's Sanctuary is the same, only it's specifically for sprites. If you want to open up a shop, then the Artisan's Gallery is the place to go.

No, I cannot find them there, other than a select few. I've looked. *sigh*

What software do spriters use mainly? I would like to give it a shot.

I use paint for all of my sprites. And Gimp for transparency. Drop me a Vm if you need more help. :)

I usually use Paint. It's simplicity is awesome, when you need it :D for transparency, I use a program called Paint.NET and it has billions of plugins, so you can find what you're looking for, or request. If you like simplicity (with a bit of professionalism) then just get no plugins.

It's awesome, srsly :3

I use paint for all of my sprites. And Gimp for transparency. Drop me a Vm if you need more help. :)

Thank you for the help. If I run in to a wall I will try not to be too much of a bother.

I usually use Paint. It's simplicity is awesome, when you need it :D for transparency, I use a program called Paint.NET and it has billions of plugins, so you can find what you're looking for, or request. If you like simplicity (with a bit of professionalism) then just get no plugins.

It's awesome, srsly :3

Thanks as well will try it out.

Okay, I really want/need the PMD attacks. Not the pokemon themselves, but the attacks. I have tried the Spriter's Resource, but they only have a few.

If anyone knows anything, VM me or something.

Uhm..I wonder I downloaded C4D pack so one of them was a PSD file and one was a TGA file.My problem is where do I PLACE the TGA files to?

TIF file too.

How do I Make Sprites Transparent?

I can't make them transparent!
I have GIMP 2.6, the newest version. I can get it to have a transparent background, but any white parts become transparent too and it doesn't look good. So can somebody give me advice?
Thanks in advance.

Re: How do I Make Sprites Transparent?

I don't know if it works with GIMP, but make the bits that are supposed to be white but not transparent a tiny bit less white (like setting RBG to all 1s instead of 0s). Then it counts as a separate colour. Works with MS Paint.

I have a picture that's very tall, but not that wide, and I want to fit it in a signature without turning it sideways. How should I do that?

It depends on what's in the picture and how much of it you're willing to crop out. After you crop it, you can resize it so that it fits within the limits.

Can you show us the image?

um, hi... I was told to go here if I had any questions...
anyways, I use MS paint to do all of my spriting, and I dont yet know how to make the background (for my custom avatar, sprites, etc.) transparent. if anyone knows, could they please tell me?

um, thanks

um, hi... I was told to go here if I had any questions...
anyways, I use MS paint to do all of my spriting, and I dont yet know how to make the background (for my custom avatar, sprites, etc.) transparent. if anyone knows, could they please tell me?

um, thanks

Unfortunately, there is no way to save transparent gifs or pngs directly in MSpaint. You have to get another program to do that. A free one I know of is Paint.net:

http://www.getpaint.net/features.html

All you have to do is use the magic wand tool and set it at the lowest tolerance (0%) and select the areas of the background you want removed. Delete it. Then, go to file >> save as and save as a png.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Am I allowed to request art in the Artist Alcove?

Am I allowed to request art in the Artist Alcove?

I don't think so, but there's a subforum called the Artisian's Gallery that is ENTIRELY about requesting art.

I don't think so, but there's a subforum called the Artisian's Gallery that is ENTIRELY about requesting art.

Ok thank you, I'll look in there. =3

Back
Top Bottom