• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Simple Art Gallery Q&A

Former Staff Artist
Reaction score
Re: Simple Q&A Artist Alcove Edition

@Bulbajer;

Graphics is for stuff like banners or avatars. Digital is for full art pieces done digitally. You should probably upload to digital.

Bulbasaur rocks. Period.
Reaction score

Okay thanks!

Avian lover
Reaction score

What are some ways to make the outline of my scanned drawings darker?

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score

Adjust the levels in an editing program. Make the darks darker and the lights lighter. It takes half a second if you have something like Photoshop. If you are really poor and really lazy and don't want to download a program, if you have a photobucket account you can do some minor adjustments with the tools they have online, but increasing contrast and playing with the brightness.

Charizard fur
Reaction score

Seeking some advice on how to draw anime humans...or some tutorials on where to start

The best I can do is this for now.
DSCN3286.JPG

Thanks

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score

Just type in 'how to draw anime people' in google, deviant art or youtube and you should get a ton of tutorials. My advice is that even if you intend to draw people in an anime style, pay attention to real anatomy, because that's where the style is derived from anyway, and if you are trying to replicate 'lines' rather than the contours of the actual object, you could end up with something funky. It's the same way how copying a copy of a copy is going to have some errors and look weird, the further you get from the original.

Because I like Tophats
Reaction score

So I've made a image map in Gimp 2 that I'm planning to use here as signature. I've already made a couple of links for it, but I'm new to that kind of stuff and there's still some things I'm uncertain off. So my question are these: In what format should I save it in order for uploading the image map here, and should I first upload to, for example, imageshack and use it from there?

Reaction score
PikaCal if you want to create image banner go for adobe photoshop.No other software can compete photoshop and if you want to create video or flash banner you should use adobe flash.
Letragrafic Solutions

Last edited:
Pikachu's Global Adventure
Reaction score
How do I post my artworks from Miiverse, such as the ones I drew with Art Academy: Sketchpad? I try to upload the images via URL, but it said the file is invalid or something. Is there any solutions or other methods to my problem?

Reaction score

Can post collages I've made that don't have anything related to Pokemon?

Edit: Just save it from your computer and then you can post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score

Can post collages I've made that don't have anything related to Pokemon?
Sorry for the late reply, but yes you can. You can put anything in your own art thread as long as it abides by the section rules. No need to worry about it being Pokemon only or any of that.

Reaction score
Calligraphy Arts

Calligraphy arts is quite popular these days on the web. This is a beautiful hand letter writing which is done by using creative designs according to own style of the person. This is like a visual arts that can be given as gifts and souvenirs. A person who has skills in doing this craft is commonly called a Calligrapher. Could anyone share something more about the art of lettering?

Last edited:
Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣
Reaction score
Can I post my works that are in progress? I have got a large one in the form of a map spanning the Pokémon regions of the first four generations and some additional regions of my own artistic imagination, which I have been working since April this year. Which will mean I will be continuously updating. (I can PM you to direct you to my individual blog entries for what I intend to upload.)

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm planning to make a picture with Samurott and Leafeon together, but I'm not good at art. Any ideas for me? I'd like any help I can get, please.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope this is the correct section (if this isn't correct, move this discussion in the right section please).
Well, my question: I want create the gifs for the pokémon's moves, but there is one problem, they are too big; Where I can resize its without worsen the quality?

wₕₑₙ yₒᵤ wᵢₛₕ ᵤₚₒₙ ₐ ₛₜₐᵣ
Reaction score
Alola everyone. I wasn't sure where to post this exactly, so I figured this forum would be my best bet (if I need to move it elsewhere, please tell me!). I wanted to know if anyone could help me make an USUM team collage? I've seen several here on some threads, such as:

I'm not asking someone to do it for me (but if you're willing, then I don't mind either aha)-just help finding where I can get the Pokedex pictures and tips on putting the collage together. Is it something I can simply do using Windows Paint? Any help, direction or advice would be appreciated!