• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Art Gallery Q&A

Reaction score
This thread is for asking simple questions related to art without having to post a new topic. This includes simple spriting questions, questions about resources, help with digital art programs, and help with fanart in general. Make sure to read the other sticky threads to see if your question has been answered before posting here.

So ask away!

Re: Simple Q&A Artist Alcove Edition

i was looking for this for a long time^^

anyone know where i can get the 2nd frame for the emerald suicune sprite?

Bulbapedia has the sprite fully animated, though I'm not sure if you can get the frame from there. I'm not a spriter but I didn't want to leave you hanging with the question.

alright^^ i think i can actually get the frames, thank you^^

You can get the frame you want using the Print Screen button. It's usually by the Delete/Home/End buttons, but my keyboard has it over the Num Pad. Find a page with the animated sprites, and hit it when the frame you want is on the screen. Then a pic of the screen will be on the clipboard and you can paste it into Paint, Photoshop, whatever you use.

I was gonna start making banners, but I don't really know what program I should use out of the ones I got at the moment. Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop?

PikaCal

From what I know, Illustrator is used for vectoring images/creating vexels. In terms of picture editing, I'd definitely go with Photoshop. I believe that's what the majority use (plus, it's great for editing colors, applying textures, cropping out images, making transparencies and all that jazz).

PS...for sure.

^Oh thanks with the help. If you want to see something I did in Photoshop, then click the link to Imageshack in my signature.

I need a no-download internet program that I can use to animate, that can hold a rather large amount of frames.
Any suggestions?

The test worked great. Thanks!

pokemart_11940773993-iaza.gif

Anyone know where I can get parts for building a region map?

Yep... there's actually a site that's listed in the Tutorials and Resources thread in this forum that links to a very good website that has many different kinds of sprite sheets from many different games on handheld systems.

I cannot find any PMD(2) attack sprite thingies anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find some?

hi, i have a qudstion.

Does the rule of can't post on a thread if it hasn't been posted on in over a month? because im getting the hang of new stuff, and want to update my shop, but if i do, its been over a month. and theres a rule saying you cant make your shop multiple times.

Any artists out there give me an opinion on my new sig? It didn't take long; but I'm quite fond of it.

@RainbowMoondust

You can perhaps find them at the Spriter's Resource.

@KantoMasta

If you're posting to update your shop, then that's perfectly fine.

@Tricky Kipper

Uhm... isn't exactly the place to ask that question, to be honest. If you're looking for critique on something you made, you're better off posting it in the Alcove or Spriter's Sanctuary (put the thread in what forum you think is best). You'll get people who come by that will give their opinions on it.

@Tricky Kipper

Uhm... isn't exactly the place to ask that question, to be honest. If you're looking for critique on something you made, you're better off posting it in the Alcove or Spriter's Sanctuary (put the thread in what forum you think is best). You'll get people who come by that will give their opinions on it.

Oh, sorry. I didn't really want to make a whole topic for the sake of one image. My bad!

So one is allowed to make both a thread in the artist's alcove and in the spriter's sanctuary for their different art?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom