• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Art Gallery Q&A

Alola everyone. I wasn't sure where to post this exactly, so I figured this forum would be my best bet (if I need to move it elsewhere, please tell me!). I wanted to know if anyone could help me make an USUM team collage? I've seen several here on some threads, such as:

index.php

GcLhxkp.png

I'm not asking someone to do it for me (but if you're willing, then I don't mind either aha)-just help finding where I can get the Pokedex pictures and tips on putting the collage together. Is it something I can simply do using Windows Paint? Any help, direction or advice would be appreciated!

Aloha, Alola! :)

It is actually very easy to make team collages. First, simply save on your PC or device the pictures of the Pokémon you want to insert in your collage —which you can download from Bulbapedia or similar sites— then use an image editor.

There are many free programs which you can use, like GIMP and Paint Net. If you don’t feel like downloading a program just for that, then you can also try out SumoPaint, a browser-based image editor. You need Adobe Flash to use that, though.

Once you are set, proceeding is simple: import all Pokémon images you want to use, then you simply move and resize the sprites as you please.

Little extra suggestion: save the final work as a PNG image. In this way, you will preserve the transparency and prevent the image from becoming blurry or of low quality.

Hope that helped. ^^

Last edited:
Aloha, Alola! :)

It is actually very easy to make team collages. First, simply save on your PC or device the pictures of the Pokémon you want to insert in your collage —which you can download from Bulbapedia or similar sites— then use an image editor.

There are many free programs which you can use, like GIMP and Paint Net. If you don’t feel like downloading a program just for that, then you can also try out SumoPaint, a browser-based image editor. You need Adobe Flash to use that, though.

Once you are set, proceeding is simple: import all Pokémon images you want to use, then you simply move and resize the sprites as you please.

Little extra suggestion: save the final work as a PNG image. In this way, you will preserve the transparency and pretend the image from becoming blurry or of low quality.

Hope that helped. ^^
Thank you so much @Cresselia92 ! And thank you for moving my question :D I'll go ahead and try things out and then report back here with the finished product.

Question though-are Rotom's 3D Pokedex sprites for Alola located in Bulbapedia? These are the sprites I would like to use for my collage, but I've tried looking and couldn't find them :(

Question though-are Rotom's 3D Pokedex sprites for Alola located in Bulbapedia? These are the sprites I would like to use for my collage, but I've tried looking and couldn't find them :(

You mean these? This site has the Sun/Moon sprites.

Only negative thing is that you will need to cut the pictures of the Pokémon you want, but that should be simple enough.

@Cresselia92 the finished product, thanks to your help! It's still a little rough, but I'm still learning how to use GIMP.

ffBH7sT.png

I couldn't find the Rotomdex 3D images for Hawlucha, Lycanroc and Pyroar. So I decided to use their Dream artwork instead. I know it may not seem like much, but I'm glad I was able to accomplish this goal :D

So I'm brand new to this site and was wondering about the artist thread bit. I know you can only make one thread for your own work, but what are the specifics on that? Like, does all the work in that thread have to be stuff I've made since the making of the thread or can I post older works? Also, does it have to be pokemon only or can it be whatever kind of art I want to share (obviously keeping it PG)? I do a lot of work for myself and what I feel like doing or even my class work. I don't want to start a thread and find out I need to limit myself later on.

So I'm brand new to this site and was wondering about the artist thread bit. I know you can only make one thread for your own work, but what are the specifics on that? Like, does all the work in that thread have to be stuff I've made since the making of the thread or can I post older works? Also, does it have to be pokemon only or can it be whatever kind of art I want to share (obviously keeping it PG)? I do a lot of work for myself and what I feel like doing or even my class work. I don't want to start a thread and find out I need to limit myself later on.
There are no specifis really, aside our guidelines. You can post any creative work you've done yourself. Sculptures, knitting, photos, music, drawings and so on (writing has its own section though). You're also free to post anything you want. It doesn't have to be Pokémon-related! :D

All ye mods reading this: if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it where it belongs. It could be filed under art, entertainment AND outside the box, so take your pick. ^w^

So yeah, due to having a new computer I finally got to download GIMP 2. Never used GIMP before and TBH I don't know where to begin. I've heard many people use it to connect their tablet and draw, color, etc.. so I'm thinking that may be a good start.

Any tips for a newb? I've used only one other graphic program (Paint Shop Pro), so there's that. What I really want to know is how to quickly get started with my tablet, and how to draw in layers so I can erase my sketches with the real thing, color cleanly, etc..

All ye mods reading this: if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it where it belongs. It could be filed under art, entertainment AND outside the box, so take your pick. ^w^

So yeah, due to having a new computer I finally got to download GIMP 2. Never used GIMP before and TBH I don't know where to begin. I've heard many people use it to connect their tablet and draw, color, etc.. so I'm thinking that may be a good start.

Any tips for a newb? I've used only one other graphic program (Paint Shop Pro), so there's that. What I really want to know is how to quickly get started with my tablet, and how to draw in layers so I can erase my sketches with the real thing, color cleanly, etc..
Hi Incinerawr :)

Your post was more of an art question so I've moved it to the Q&A thread here in the Art Gallery. Some useful resorces for information and tutorials about drawing or programs can be found in the Tutorials, Resources, and Tips and The Resource Thread threads.

I don't think there's currently a tutorial about drawing or using layers in GIMP but I use GIMP for drawing and have been planning to do some more tutorials for the program for a while so I can work on one. It's not really what you were looking for but I made a tutorial for making animated gifs in GIMP a while back which shows how layers are used in that process Tutorial - Making Gifs for Rotating Images and Animations using GIMP

Hi Incinerawr :)

Your post was more of an art question so I've moved it to the Q&A thread here in the Art Gallery. Some useful resorces for information and tutorials about drawing or programs can be found in the Tutorials, Resources, and Tips and The Resource Thread threads.

I don't think there's currently a tutorial about drawing or using layers in GIMP but I use GIMP for drawing and have been planning to do some more tutorials for the program for a while so I can work on one. It's not really what you were looking for but I made a tutorial for making animated gifs in GIMP a while back which shows how layers are used in that process Tutorial - Making Gifs for Rotating Images and Animations using GIMP

I KNEW THE FEDS WOULD GET TO ME!

Er, hem. Thank you! I'll have to check it out sometime. For a more quick and easy question, however, do you happen to know how to connect/link your tablet to GIMP? I suppose it won't be that difficult, but I've only had a chance to use it once, and that was on my old computer.

For a more quick and easy question, however, do you happen to know how to connect/link your tablet to GIMP? I suppose it won't be that difficult, but I've only had a chance to use it once, and that was on my old computer.
Afraid I can't help much with that as I don't have a tablet myself, I've just been doing drawings using my laptops touch pad, I should probably get one myself at some point.

Probably some other brand. It's my brother's tablet and I've only used it once, lol. ^w^

Well, usually when a tablet is connected it should be able to do some auto-setup to work properly with the computer and some art programs. However, if it doesn’t work with GIMP, you should try using some programs like Krita, FireAlpaca or MediBang (which all are free programs). If the table doesn’t work with those programs either, there may be some issue with the settings/drivers.

Well, usually when a tablet is connected it should be able to do some auto-setup to work properly with the computer and some art programs. However, if it doesn’t work with GIMP, you should try using some programs like Krita, FireAlpaca or MediBang (which all are free programs). If the table doesn’t work with those programs either, there may be some issue with the settings/drivers.

We'll be setting up the tablet in a few days so I'll let you know how it goes. Everyone's sick over here (again) so no one's in a hurry to do much of anything. :c

Hi everyone,
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I thought I'd try before starting a new thread.
I've been trying to collect sprites from every generation to use on my blog, for streaming, and other projects. I've scoured the internet and found a lot of great sources with collections of sprites and my collection is nearly complete. Generation 4's animated sprites have been the bane of my existence. Bulbapedia is the only place I have been able to find animated sprites for DPP and HGSS, but Bulbapedia uses apng instead of gif and it's been a really slow process to convert the apng files to gif. That's not really a big deal and I was willing to go through every pokemon's page and convert them, and I have made some progress, but I'm running into a bigger problem: Bulbapedia doesn't have animated sprites for every pokemon in the gen 4 games. Does anyone have access to a complete collection and would be willing to share them or know where I can find them?
I'm half tempted to try and make them myself now that I have a capture card, but I don't have any experience doing this yet and would prefer to find sprites made by an experienced spriter.

Greetings,
Excuse me if this has been asked before, I've been looking for a complete tileset including everything from the Gen 5 series for reference purposes. Though I've never been able to find a full set that had everything in it. I've found quite a few sets that come with a considerable amount of tiles but couldn't manage to find anything that fills in all the missing gaps. Might have something to do with a lot of objects being 3d instead of 2d. Otherwise I might just use full maps of areas for reference.

Back
Top Bottom