• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Question Simple Answers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badal

What the deuce?
Reaction score
Since mafia is relatively new to Bulbagarden, I felt that it would be helpful if there was an SQSA thread for the users. Therefore anyone can post questions here regarding how mafia is played or any questions that pertain to intellectual games.

Last edited by a moderator:
This place isn't solely meant for mafia games. We'd like to try to vary the selection of games based on strategy and games that require good effort.

What exactly counts for Mafia-like in the queue?

For example, if I were to make a game based on war itself, with voting but not really lynching or anything like that, would that be Mafia-like?

No, but if you're really unsure you could bring it to me and I'll see what you mean.

But to me that sounds like a normal game that you can post right away without going through the mafia queue.

We'll probably develop a FAQ thread that covers what we would allow outside of a mafia game in this thread.

is there a limit to the # of games you can join? if there is, i passed it.

Before I would say get your arse into two games, maybe three, so if you die or get a rule which doesn't require much effort you get something better to do. Now with so many games spawning, a game or two should suffice, as when you die you can probably hop into another game easily. xD

Just be rational about how many games you can handle is all I have to say.

If you can handle all 7 at once, good for you, but you'll be quickly overwhelmed keeping up and your PM box won't be too happy either.

Umeko is right, just be smart and stay conservative about how many you join. Right now I'm only looking to join 3 at the moment myself.

And ghaskan also has the right idea!

IMO, if you are going to be reasonably important in more than two game and have any sort of life at all, 3 is the maximum you should join. 4 I guess Is OK but 5-7 is crazy and you wont be playing well, i can guarantee that.

I'm hoping to use you as a sub in my game weegee, so it might be best if you dropped some of the mafia games that are played by roulette. (Eventually we might work it out to the point where games with caps like hurristat's, Coolking's, or Sarcastically Insane's will give priority to uncommitted players. You should drop some (those particularly) if you're concerned.)

i'm not concerned, i'm just loling.

EDIT: it doesn't matter anyway. only three games can play at a time.

Last edited:
Now that I think of it, usually the mafia is given a separate QT for the discussions.

Guess they would have counted in the previous games, and should be.

Discussing via PMs only would be a quite a burden.

I'm guilty of making PMs a burden to the host ^^;

I agree, and I think most hosts have delved into the QT to pull info. It depends on how the GM wants to run their game.

I have two simple questions.

1. It is known that if two people get an equal amount of votes, there will be no lynch. But what if there is a tie between a "no lynch" and the votes for a person? Should the no lynch overrule, or the persons vote? (the standard is that the person would be lynched, but a certain hostperson does not agree, so I'll ask here).

2. What if through sloppy work the host doesn't count all the votes properly, and because of that votes tie and nobody is lynched. Should the host after someone points it out still kill the person that was supposed to die during the day, or is it justified if the host tells the person who pointed it out that he is too late, and should've pointed it out earlier (even if that person might've been asleep at the moment because of timezone differences)? (I think it should be option 1, but hey, some people might disagree)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom