• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Hello! I'm not exaclty knowledgable when it comes to the metagame of Pokémon, so I need help giving a good moveset to a Mewtwo with Mewtwonite Y. It is fully trained, with its Sp. Atk stat maxed, its Speed stat high, and the rest of its stats having a fair balanced amount of EVs. Right now it only has its moveset from when I caught it, which is composed of Barrier, Psychic, Aura Sphere, and Recover. If anyone could give me a good moveset for this Pokémon, I'd be really happy. And yes, I know Mewtwo's "banned".

Make sure you have the right Nature, and you'll also have to Reset Bag to get rid of the EVs you wasted in Atk, Def, and SpDef. Once you do all that you can use this.

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Calm Mind/Taunt
- Fire Blast/Focus Blast
- Focus Blast/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball

Hello! I'm not exaclty knowledgable when it comes to the metagame of Pokémon, so I need help giving a good moveset to a Mewtwo with Mewtwonite Y. It is fully trained, with its Sp. Atk stat maxed, its Speed stat high, and the rest of its stats having a fair balanced amount of EVs. Right now it only has its moveset from when I caught it, which is composed of Barrier, Psychic, Aura Sphere, and Recover. If anyone could give me a good moveset for this Pokémon, I'd be really happy. And yes, I know Mewtwo's "banned".

Make sure you have the right Nature, and you'll also have to Reset Bag to get rid of the EVs you wasted in Atk, Def, and SpDef. Once you do all that you can use this.

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Calm Mind/Taunt
- Fire Blast/Focus Blast
- Focus Blast/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball

Thanks a lot! God, I'ma have to do some serious leveling up to teach it Psystrike. It's only level 76 now. It can just have Pyschic in the meantime.

Hi all,

Just a quick question on Charizard:

I left my Charmeleon in the Day Care until level 36, so my Charizard misses out on Wing Attack, am I right in assuming that's not a huge problem :)?

Hi all,

I left my Charmeleon in the Day Care until level 36, so my Charizard misses out on Wing Attack, am I right in assuming that's not a huge problem :)?
You can go to the move relearner in Dendemille Town, give her a Heart Scale and she will teach Charizard Wing Attack back.

Hi all,

You can go to the move relearner in Dendemille Town, give her a Heart Scale and she will teach Charizard Wing Attack back.

Thanks Norzan :), - always assumed that you had to learn the move first before being able to relearn it, this will help my 6 IV Gyarados too!

Should i go with a 252 Atk + 252 Spd + 4 HP Charizard who goes Mega Charizard X or go with a Mega Tyranitar still not EV trained?

My current perfect IV(on the needed stats) and EV trained pokemons are:

Charizard
Blastoise
Luxray
Lucario
Flygon
Gengar

I have a Modest DW Cleffa, can you give me an anti-sweeper set it can run? I want to keep it offensive (thus a +SpA nature) but still use Unaware...

I have a Modest DW Cleffa, can you give me an anti-sweeper set it can run? I want to keep it offensive (thus a +SpA nature) but still use Unaware...

This belongs in the "How Can I use Pokémon X" thread.

Anyways, just because you're asking people other than me now, the correct answer hasn't changed: there are no viable Clefable sets that use Modest.

Every Clefable is offensive-ish, even if it functions as a cleric

The purpose of Clefable, regardless of whether it has Unaware or Magic Guard, is to come in, survive a hit or 2 (it is essential), and then heal off the damage and proceed to set up Calm Minds in the appropriate order
Both Unaware and Magic Guard Clefables run either Bold or Calm depending on whether the hit whish is supposed to be taken is physical or special (the most common set is Magic Guard + (Sp)Def; there are also Unaware + SpDef, which is usually used in Ubers as a Xerneas check, and Unaware + Def, which checks MHeracross and MMedicham on stall teams)

But either way the nature should be Calm or Bold, and as Clefable's natural bulk is total crap, even with max investment into HP and one of the defenses it usually barely evades being 2HKOed by strong neutral moves, so it's one of those situations when literally every point in the stat matters

Last edited:
I recently got a 248 HP/172 Def/90 Spe Landorus-T from a trade. Anyone know what kind of spread that is? It's also Adamant and has HP ice if that helps. Should I just reset and get max Atk+spe?

Er... bulky scarf, maybe?
But bulky scarf runs HP and Atk
And HP Ice is weird, though
I'd reset it

Er... bulky scarf, maybe?
But bulky scarf runs HP and Atk
And HP Ice is weird, though
I'd reset it
Yeah, it kinda looks like I would wanna reset it. However it has Knock Off and Stealth Rock and I want to make use of it, what EV's/Other moves and items should I have?

Would it be okay to use an Aerodactyl with perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Def and SpD?
I kept trying to achieve perfection but it felts like i can either have HP or Speed and considering his bst i can't see it being a major treat. Also, the stat judge said he had "outstanding" stats so speed can't be low.

Would it be okay to use an Aerodactyl with perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Def and SpD?
I kept trying to achieve perfection but it felts like i can either have HP or Speed and considering his bst i can't see it being a major treat. Also, the stat judge said he had "outstanding" stats so speed can't be low.

4 perfect IVs is generally considered alright in-game if you can't get at least 5 perfect. If you plan to Mega Evolve Aerodactyl it will matter even less as almost no legal OU Pokemon can outspeed it.

What exactly can I do with a Gardevoir that's 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid with Trace? Please & Thank You :)

If it has Hyper Voice, it's a bitchin' Mega. If it doesn't, it's a mediocre Scarfer.

Unfortunately she doesn't :(

However, she did come with these Egg Moves: Destiny Bond, Encore, Memento, and Disable.

Can you think of any good sets/ideas? I would preferably want to use her for Doubles (but I appreciate Singles strategies as well!)

What exactly can I do with a Gardevoir that's 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid with Trace? Please & Thank You :)

If it has Hyper Voice, it's a bitchin' Mega. If it doesn't, it's a mediocre Scarfer.

Unfortunately she doesn't :(

However, she did come with these Egg Moves: Destiny Bond, Encore, Memento, and Disable.

Can you think of any good sets/ideas? I would preferably want to use her for Doubles (but I appreciate Singles strategies as well!)

None of those Egg moves are too good since Gardevoir doesn't have the best defenses.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom