• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Another option is Substitute instead of Fake Out or a coverage move (which is usually Ice Punch), but in that case Medicham loses either Fake Out or a coverage move (duh), and it doesn't really fit onto each and every team

I think losing fake out would be appropriate, but medicham isn't used that much anyway, what tier is it in? (Smogon)

Actually Mega Medicham (with Fake Out) has seen an increase in usage, especially after the Aegislash and Mawile bans. It's in the OU tier.

I suppose with pure power it has a base 200 attack stat.

Another option is Substitute instead of Fake Out or a coverage move (which is usually Ice Punch), but in that case Medicham loses either Fake Out or a coverage move (duh), and it doesn't really fit onto each and every team

I think losing fake out would be appropriate, but medicham isn't used that much anyway, what tier is it in? (Smogon)

Actually Mega Medicham (with Fake Out) has seen an increase in usage, especially after the Aegislash and Mawile bans. It's in the OU tier.

Not quite, it doubles actual attack, not base attack, so in reality it's higher than that (around 250 iirc). Regarding your previous question, MMedicham is a very strong contender in OU as one of the best physical wallbreakers in the tier (after MHeracross), and Fake Out is integral to most of its sets as it gives it a free turn to Mega Evolve to gain that crucial Speed boost and it also allows it to revenge kill even weakened opposing priority users like Dragonite and Talonflame since it has +3 priority.

Not quite, it doubles actual attack, not base attack, so in reality it's higher than that (around 250 iirc). Regarding your previous question, MMedicham is a very strong contender in OU as one of the best physical wallbreakers in the tier (after MHeracross), and Fake Out is integral to most of its sets as it gives it a free turn to Mega Evolve to gain that crucial Speed boost and it also allows it to revenge kill even weakened opposing priority users like Dragonite and Talonflame since it has +3 priority.

Oh. I finally see now.

1) Is Froslass viable in Ubers? How good are MGenger abd MLucario in Ubers?
2) If my Mega slot is taken, can I run Life Orb on Mewtwo?
3) Psystrike and Taunt aside, what coverage moves should I run? What's better, the reliability of Aura Sphere or the power of Focus Blast?
4) Now that Rain isn't permanent, can I still run a Fire move while using Kyogre?

1.1. Nope
1.2. Both are top threats. MGar has a bit more limited use, but it is almost guaranteed to do what it does (get rid of specific threats, usually defensive threats). Heck, they suspected MGar and I even voted ban. MLuke is a set-up sweeper, plain and simple
2. Yes
3. Between Aura Sphere and Focus Blast you choose Aura Sphere no matter what. COverage moves in general depend on what your team needs
4. You mean HP Fire on Kyogre or anything Fire on the team in general (HP Fire on Xerneas, Fire Blast on Dialga/Palkia etc.)? If it is the former, the answer would be no, if the latter, then yes

^More specifically, Flamethrower on Mewtwo while having a Kyogre...how good is Kyurem-W? Are there any other Ice Pokemon worth using in Ubers?
And is Froslass good at all? Maybe in OU? Smogon made an Uber Froslass analysis once...

I'm fairly certain that there isn't anything in Ubers that you hit with Flamethrower and don't hit with Psystrike/Aura Sphere on what you would want to stay. I guess you could run it for Scizor, but other than that I don't see much point

Kyurem-W is one of those "I don't really beat anything 1v1, but nothing switches into me, so I that's nice" Pokemon. It lacks just a bit of speed if it runs Specs/LO and it lacks just a bit of power if it runs scarf

As for Ice-types, the answer is "not really". Barring Kyurem-W, all I've seen in XY Ubers is a couple of Cloysters... and that's it

It's niche (what it does is set up some hazards and kill something with Destiny Bond). It's usable in OU and UU, but it's very niche, and thus can't be considered "good"

I run Psystrike/Aura Sphere/Ice Beam/Snatch on my Mewtwo in Ubers. Snatch lets you steal Geomancies and Calm Minds to make yourself even more powerful. Flamethrower is a bad idea on Mewtwo as Mewtwo should not be staying in vs. Genesect and Scizor anyway, and Aura sphere lets you beat Ferrothorn. So Mewtwo's fourth moveslot is pretty much free, so gimmicky options like Snatch become usable.

Are you guys sure on the Aura Sphere thing? Both the analysis on Smogon an dmy experiences on the ladder seem to indicate that Focus Blast is preferred.

If you really need the extra power, than sure you can use Focus Blast. But both the higher PP of Aura Sphere and its reliability against evasion-pass teams make it preferred.

How good is Kyurem-B in OU? What Ice Pokemon are good in OU aside of Kyurem-B and Mamoswine? When Snow Warning Aurorus will be released, will it be as good as Abomasnow?

How good is Kyurem-B in OU? What Ice Pokemon are good in OU aside of Kyurem-B and Mamoswine? When Snow Warning Aurorus will be released, will it be as good as Abomasnow?

AssVest and Scarf are good; Weavile, Greninja while using Ice Beam, possibly Avalugg when ORAS is released, and maybe Glalie (slim chance though) when ORAS is released; no it will be shittier

As unexpected leftovers from other breeding projects, I've found myself the proud owner of two 6IV Eevees - one Timid, the other Bold.

Do any of the Eeveelutions actually stand to benefit from having six perfect IVs? Or is a 6IV Eevee effectively the same as a 5IV?

As unexpected leftovers from other breeding projects, I've found myself the proud owner of two 6IV Eevees - one Timid, the other Bold.

Do any of the Eeveelutions actually stand to benefit from having six perfect IVs? Or is a 6IV Eevee effectively the same as a 5IV?

The only ones that could potentially benefit from 6 perfect IVs would be a mixed sweeper Flareon or Glaceon if you opt to use Ice Shard. The others will not lose anything from not having 6IVs.

It's actually detrimental to have 6IV Timid and Bold - those Natures are selected for Pokémon who use either Special Attacks or Foul Play to deal damage, not their Atk stat (duh, you knew that already). In those cases you want to minimize the Attack stat as much as possible in order to take less damage from Confusion (the status effect, not the move :p) and Foul Play. Thus a 31 is the worst possible Atk IV you could have for a Timid or Bold Pokémon - a "6IV' Timid or Bold Pokémon would be 31/0/31/31/31/31 as opposed to the usual 31/31/31/31/31/31.

It's actually detrimental to have 6IV Timid and Bold - those Natures are selected for Pokémon who use either Special Attacks or Foul Play to deal damage, not their Atk stat (duh, you knew that already). In those cases you want to minimize the Attack stat as much as possible in order to take less damage from Confusion (the status effect, not the move :p) and Foul Play. Thus a 31 is the worst possible Atk IV you could have for a Timid or Bold Pokémon - a "6IV' Timid or Bold Pokémon would be 31/0/31/31/31/31 as opposed to the usual 31/31/31/31/31/31.
Yeah, that's a fair point. I have a habit of forgetting about Confusion/Foul Play in the context of breeding. :p

I'll just pick an Eeveelution I like, then, and they can be my in-game team mascots. :XD:

By the way, is "Mixed Sweeper Flareon" a real thing? I've never heard of it before.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I have a habit of forgetting about Confusion/Foul Play in the context of breeding. :p

I'll just pick an Eeveelution I like, then, and they can be my in-game team mascots. :XD:

By the way, is "Mixed Sweeper Flareon" a real thing? I've never heard of it before.

No, it's not. "Flareon" is not a thing, in general.

Give Flareon some credit. He's a good special wall in PU, and with Guts + Flare Blitz he can punch holes in teams. Outside of PU and NU it is pretty bad though :(

What does PU even stand for? I know what the tier is, but what does that P mean? Google wasn't any help.

Partially Used, aka the lowest of the low
Doesn't make sense in terms of naming, but the tier isn't official, so it doesn't have to (if it were to become official, it would become the NU, and everything between RU and PU-NU would be renamed to something like Barely Used)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom