• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Pardon me,but what is the best nature,ev spread and moveset for a Mixed Sweeper Lucario(both normal and Mega form)?

The best way to use mixed sweeper Lucario is to not use mixed sweeper Lucario and use Swords Dance Lucario instead.

Lucario @ Life Orb/Lucarionite
Justified
Adamant (normal)/Jolly (Mega)
~Close Combat
~Extreme Speed (normal)/Bullet Punch (mega)
~Iron Tail (required for mega, optional for normal)/Ice Punch/Crunch
~Swords Dance (required for normal, optional for mega)/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

Pardon me,but what is the best nature,ev spread and moveset for a Mixed Sweeper Lucario(both normal and Mega form)?
A mixed set isn't used as often because it does not hit hard enough, but if you really want to use one it would look something like this (assuming XY OU/Ubers):

Justified
Naive/Hasty
-Close Combat/Focus Blast/Aura Sphere
-Extremespeed/Vacuum Wave/Bullet Punch
-Crunch/Dark Pulse/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Iron Tail
-Agility/Swords Dance/Nasty Plot

You see guys, The reason why I'm asking about Lucario being a mixed sweeper it because I'm planning to form a Sand Team. I'm already know that I've chosen Skarmory,and Tyrantiar from the start.

You really don't want Skarmory and Lucario on a Sand team - you're just stacking up the weaknesses, especially once you consider Excadrill is also a Steel type. You have 3 Ground weaknesses (Exca, Tyranitar, Luke) AND 3 Fire weaknesses (Exca, Skarm, Luke). You need Pokémon that can keep up offensive pressure. Here is the standard XY sand team:

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Sand Stream
Naive
40 Atk/216 SpA/252 Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Fire Blast
~Ice Beam
~Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Sand Rush
Adamant
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Earthquake
~Iron Head
~Rock Slide
~Rapid Spin

Greninja @ Life Orb
Protean
Timid
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
~Hydro Pump
~Hidden Power Fire/Grass Knot
~Ice Beam
~Dark Pulse/Grass Knot

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Hyper Cutter
Jolly
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Frustration
~Quick Attack
~Swords Dance
~Close Combat

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Gale Wings
Adamant
48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe
~Brave Bird
~Flare Blitz
~U-Turn
~Tailwind

Dragonite @Choice Band
Multiscale
Adamant
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Outrage
~Extreme Speed
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch

You can obviously make substitutions for equivalent Pokémkn as you see fit as long as you don't wreck your type synergy.

If this is for ORAS, you'll obviously want Gunk Shot Greninja, MMence > MPinsir, etc.

Ok. Outrage is great and all for Dragonite,but don't you think it would be a better idea use Dragon Claw over it? Once Dragonite uses Outrage,and the opposing trainer will switch into a fairy-type which will be a bad thing.

The best way to use mixed sweeper Lucario is to not use mixed sweeper Lucario and use Swords Dance Lucario instead.

Justified
Adamant (normal)/Jolly (Mega)
~Close Combat
~Extreme Speed (normal)/Bullet Punch (mega)
~Iron Tail (required for mega, optional for normal)/Ice Punch/Crunch
~Swords Dance (required for normal, optional for mega)/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

A mixed set isn't used as often because it does not hit hard enough, but if you really want to use one it would look something like this (assuming XY OU/Ubers):

Justified
Naive/Hasty
-Close Combat/Focus Blast/Aura Sphere
-Extremespeed/Vacuum Wave/Bullet Punch
-Crunch/Dark Pulse/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Iron Tail
-Agility/Swords Dance/Nasty Plot

You see guys, The reason why I'm asking about Lucario being a mixed sweeper it because I'm planning to form a Sand Team. I'm already know that I've chosen Skarmory,and Tyrantiar from the start.

You really don't want Skarmory and Lucario on a Sand team - you're just stacking up the weaknesses, especially once you consider Excadrill is also a Steel type. You have 3 Ground weaknesses (Exca, Tyranitar, Luke) AND 3 Fire weaknesses (Exca, Skarm, Luke). You need Pokémon that can keep up offensive pressure. Here is the standard XY sand team:

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Sand Stream
Naive
40 Atk/216 SpA/252 Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Fire Blast
~Ice Beam
~Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Sand Rush
Adamant
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Earthquake
~Iron Head
~Rock Slide
~Rapid Spin

Greninja @ Life Orb
Protean
Timid
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
~Hydro Pump
~Hidden Power Fire/Grass Knot
~Ice Beam
~Dark Pulse/Grass Knot

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Hyper Cutter
Jolly
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Frustration
~Quick Attack
~Swords Dance
~Close Combat

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Gale Wings
Adamant
48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe
~Brave Bird
~Flare Blitz
~U-Turn
~Tailwind

Dragonite @Choice Band
Multiscale
Adamant
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Outrage
~Extreme Speed
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch

You can obviously make substitutions for equivalent Pokémkn as you see fit as long as you don't wreck your type synergy.

If this is for ORAS, you'll obviously want Gunk Shot Greninja, MMence > MPinsir, etc.

Ok. Outrage is great and all for Dragonite,but don't you think it would be a better idea use Dragon Claw over it? Once Dragonite uses Outrage,and the opposing trainer will switch into a fairy-type which will be a bad thing.

Unlike DDance Dragonite, CB Dragonite does not spam its Dragon move - ESpeed is its spam move of choice. Outrage is there if you need a nuke/if there are no steels or fairies present.

If this would be better suited to the General Mega Evolution thread then please move it, but it seemed like a simple enough question:

Mega Steelix set?

I know it looks like basically an inferior, sand-dependent Mega Aggron, but surely there's something workable?

If this would be better suited to the General Mega Evolution thread then please move it, but it seemed like a simple enough question:

Mega Steelix set?

I know it looks like basically an inferior, sand-dependent Mega Aggron, but surely there's something workable?

Pokemon ORAS OU Showdown Live: Enter Mega Steelix - YouTube

Here's Pokeaim's Mega Steelix vid. This is probably the best you can do to both use Steelix in OU AND give it a niche over Aggron.

While you're here, Glory, I was wondering what the best spread and moves'd be for an Adamant Slurpuff..?

EDIT: Well, I guess not... Anyone else got any ideas?

Last edited:
While you're here, Glory, I was wondering what the best spread and moves'd be for an Adamant Slurpuff..?

EDIT: Well, I guess not... Anyone else got any ideas?

I run 4 HP/252 Atk/144 Def/108 Spe for Scarf Drill, but more Speed is also viable

Ok, I'm busy trying to reset for a good Hasty Latios in OR, what should be the absolute minimum IVs I should be looking for?

You need 31 Attack, 31 SpA, and 31 Spe. Mind you, this is incredibly difficult, so good luck. I'm settling for a 2 IV Latias with either Timid, Hasty, or Naive in AS.

Ok, I was more curious on the base minimum for the OTHER stats, like is there a base HP or SPD I would want?

What Gengar sets are good in OU?

Just about any Scarf or Specs set. Scarf is generally preferred. Max SpA and Spe. Modest or Timid. Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, and Dazzling Gleam.

What? No. Absolutely not. Life Orb Taunt + 3 Attacks and Stallbreaker are the decent ones. Choiced Gengar has never been good.

How should I EV Regice and Regirock?

Rest/Sleep Talk/SE/Curse
Ice Beam/TB/T-Wave/Psych Up
Why is 200 base anything not common in OU?

How should I EV Regice and Regirock?

Rest/Sleep Talk/SE/Curse
Ice Beam/TB/T-Wave/Psych Up
Why is 200 base anything not common in OU?

252 HP/4 (Sp) Def/252 (Sp) Atk is typical in NU, since that's the only place you can really use them. Psych Up is trash, you should have ChestoResto on the Regice. Regirock should be more along the lines of Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/Drain Punch/Explosion.

Because 200 of something usually means you have shit elsewhere (for the Regis, that's Speed and HP, along with mediocre offenses).

Also, they happened to be graced with the worst defensive types in the game and yet their stats are oriented toward defense, leaving them outclassed by everything else. It's pretty much the same reason Avalugg is NU.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom