• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Ok, I got tired of reseting and ended up with a 31 / 31 / 20, 22 / 31 / 10, 12 / 31 hasty Latios. Is this decent enough for competitive use or am I going to have to get anther one?

If you're annoyed with soft resetting for a good Hidden Power, then Dragon pulse has a use on Scarf Heatran. But yeah, outside of that it's mostly bad.

Heatran
Fire Blast or Flamethrower?
SR
?
?

Fire Blast. Power over Accuracy trade-off is worth it.

And even if you were to use a defensive 'Tran instead of the Offensive Air Balloon variant I posted, you'd pack Lava Plume for the 30% Burn chance. Flamethrower is sort of like an ugly middle child - offensive Pokémon (like MMan) use it if they don't have Fire Blast, defensive Pokémon use it if they don't have Lava Plume.

Why the 12HP?
And isn't Fire+Ground walled by Salamence, which is why I suggested Dragon Pulse?

You only need 244 Spe for Adamant Exca, so why not 12 HP? Could come in handy.

252 SpA Heatran Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Salamence: 192-226 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

Dragon Pulse will not protect you from MMence. If you come in on it as it sets up a DDance, it can just set up a second DDance, then alternate between Substitute and Roost until your PP runs dry.

And why is Taunt important if this Heatran isn't my lead?

Taunt is always important so stuff doesn't set up on you (of course that wouldn't help v Salamence since it outspeeds you, so once it gets up a Sub it can just 2HKO with +1 Frustration)

Why do moveset suggestions for Latias always seems to have Roost suggested on it? It learns Recover, is there really any benefit to becoming Earthquake fodder that I'm missing?

Also is it viable to run a bulky set with a Timid Latias?

Why do moveset suggestions for Latias always seems to have Roost suggested on it? It learns Recover, is there really any benefit to becoming Earthquake fodder that I'm missing?

Also is it viable to run a bulky set with a Timid Latias?

Roost doesn't actually remove Levitate, just the Flying type. So it's identical to Recover but easier to get because it's a TM as opposed to Heart Scale.

Well, standard LO Latias runs 72 HP to avoid the 2HKO from Keldeo's Secret Sword, if that counts. But if you want to go bulky CM Mega Latias is the way to go, and that has a Bold Nature.

Would this Raquaza be good enough to play competitive AG?

It's Jolly, with a 31/31/31/21/22/31 spread. Do you think it is good enough for competitive use, or should I look for a better Raquaza?

Re: Would this Raquaza be good enough to play competitive AG?

It's Jolly, with a 31/31/31/21/22/31 spread. Do you think it is good enough for competitive use, or should I look for a better Raquaza?

It will do. Only problems it will have will be taking things like Ice Beam or Blizzard or Draco Meteor or most of the Fairy type moves.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom