• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Mamoswine does not one-shot Garchomp and it will have to switch in, so it's either taking two Outrages, and Outrage and an Earthquake, or a Swords Danced Outrage. None of which it survives.

Providing calcs just in case an arguement starts, also stop listening to PoW.

From Sigmon's Mamoswine:

Damage: 128.29% - 150.98%

Of course, that's from a Garchomp who does not run any hit points or defenses. Garchomps are now ever so popular with Yache Berry, which does not seem to be on metalkid's calc. However, we know it weakens it by like a third....

However, how does your Mamoswine fair on switching in? Going with the Smogon EV spread:

Against neutral nature Outrage: 65.75% - 77.35%

Against Adamant Nature Outrage: 72.10% - 84.81%

Against Jolly CB Chomp Outrage: 98.34% - 115.47% (no need for Adamant then)

Against Jolly CB Chomp Earthquake: Damage: 82.04% - 96.41%

Agaisnt Adamant CB Chomp Earthquake: 89.78% - 105.80%

Against Chain Chomp's Fire Blast: 79.56% - 93.65%

Against Chain Chomp's Draco Meteor: 69.34% - 81.77%

Now we see that Mamoswine actually does OHKO while Garchomp does not. If Mamoswien gets in on the Swords Dance, it is safe. However, CB Mamoswine itself is a crap counter when you get right down to it. In some cases, all you need is spikes set up or even a little bit of Damage, and Mamoswine won't be able to switch in. No Garchomp, unless one used by a crap trainer, would risk using Outrage until its counters have been dealt with, or damaged to the point of no return, and by the looks of it, Mamoswine's point of no return is fairly close.

Ah well it was worth a shot so it seems as though garchomp has no counter sadly so suspect ladder for me it is

Correction: No 100% counter that works for all sets (like Tyranitar)

Though Mamoswine still gets the short end of the stick being damaged over 50%.

Perhaps lowering your attack so it does at minimum 100% on Garchomp and distributing HP and defense in the best possible way......

Hows my sassy Metagross? Quick Claw is because of its low speed

Metagross@Quick Claw
Clear Body
Sassy (Atk: 157 Def: 153 SpAt: 124 SpDf: 122 Speed: 86 HP: 154)
Meteor Mash
Brick Break
Earthquake
Hammer Arm

Hows my sassy Metagross? Quick Claw is because of its low speed

Metagross@Quick Claw
Clear Body
Sassy (Atk: 157 Def: 153 SpAt: 124 SpDf: 122 Speed: 86 HP: 154)
Meteor Mash
Brick Break
Earthquake
Hammer Arm

No seriously, what happened to the posting relevant information, like you know EV spreads rather than just stats?

First of all, if you are concerned about its low speed, why would you be using QUick Claw? There's like a 10% chance of it working and a 90% chance of it being utterly useless.

Second of all, if you are that worried about your speed, why are you using Hammer Arm?

Third, having both Hammer Arm, Earthquake, and Brick Break is redundant. Both Brick Break and Hammer Arm are fighting moves, and Earthquake has similar coverage and you aren't really an electivire who thrives on SE-type coverage.

Use an Adamant Nature, replace Arm Hammer with Agility and give yourself either a Life Orb or Leftovers as the item. YOu may want to consider Explosion over Brick Break aswell, because nothing says "fuck you" as much as exploding and taking an extra Pokemon with you when you are about to die (or just for the fun of it). Thunder Punch (Emerald tutor) for Gyarados also works, aswell as Grass Knot for Swampert.

Annoyance team

I have an idea for an annoyance team and wondered any avice. 3 pokemon for battle tower

I wanted to have a pokmon that knew sleep powder and either roar with a high speed so I could "roar" all foes pokemon to sleep. Then take them on. (I had a venusaur with roar and sleep powder, but its speed was low) I also wanted a pokemon with leech seed too, what would be the best moveset/pokemon for the job?

Roar automatically goes last iirc, so you will take some hits. If you want something fast, you might try Breloom with Spore. I can't remember if it can Roar or not though...

For the other two, anything with Double Team and a 100% Accuracy move to stop other DT'ers and probably something with Sturdy when you get into the upper levels.

What Shinx3000 is asking for is impossible. To my understanding, you wish to have a Pokemon who can Roar out the opponent first correct? That will never happen for reasons stated above.

However, there is an Aerodactyl set that finds a loop hole to that:

Aerodactyl @Leftovers
Jolly
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Whirl Wind
-Roar

Sleep talk has no -1 speed prioritizer and will always go first assuming you are faster, and will have a 2/3 chance of phazing the opponent. Of course, this is only cool when you have Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Steath Rock on the field.

EDIT: Oh cool, this thing got stickied. Now there actually is no reason for saying "I missed it"

Last edited:
OK, I have scrapped my idea anyway, it sucked, but thanks.

Just wondering, I want to do better in single battle and I am on 14 wins, what would be the best three pokemon for the next 7? Which ones would do well on the tower tycoons dragonite, rhyrepior and mioltic? I am thinking having a temtacruel with Ice beam, toxic spikes, surf and protect for one pokemon, but not sure what to do, any ideas?

Last edited:
Restalk Empoleon with Grass KNot and Surf gets about all of them, so does DD Gyarados if it has taunt.

Personally I use a modest Starmie @ wiseglasses (also has high speed and special attack IVs, not sure how much of a difference that makes seeing as I don't know what natures/EVs/IVs Palmer's pokemon are programmed with) that always goes first and can 1HKO Rhyperior with surf, 1HKO Dragonite with ice beam, 2HKO Milotic with thunderbolt. I've never had a problem with hypnosis, but Starmie has natural cure anyway. And I'm sure Outrage DD's suggestions are just as good.

Thanks I thought about a Emploreon with a raised speed with:

Surf, Ice Beam, Grass Knot and Aqua Jet holding a lum berry. Aggron with Thunder, Surf, Dragon claw and Iron Tail? Hows that seem, but thunder does have not the greatest chance it will hit,, thunderbolt better?

Last edited:
Aggron's special attack is craptastic. Also Accuracy>power in Aggron's case so use iron head. Instead of that set however lets take the smogon standard subpuncher
Adamant
@Leftovers
252 hp/252 atk/6 spe/def
Substitute
Focus Punch
Avalanche
Stone Edge

Sub first than focus punch which should own milotic and rhyperior while avalanche is to watch dragonite die you could use t wave instead of stone edge of avalanche depending on tm avalibilty and redundancy of coverage of dragonite by them both

Considering that Focus Energy can actually be snatched, I'd guess it can. And you know, rather than guessing, I went out to find a source.

Long story short, yes it can

Stat changes aren't the only things one can Baton pass. It looks as though most anything one can lose during a switch (either by you or your opponent) is passed by Baton pass and kept in play.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom