• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Yeah, Yeah, I know it's uber now, but for BT, would this work? I apologize for no spreads, this was before I knew about them, and I don't feel like Re-training and Breeding to 100.

Garchomp@???
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Fire Fang
Dragon Claw
EarthQuake

Lucario@Choice Scarf
Plain Nature (There are so many, and I don't feel like checking)
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Psychic

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold Nature
SoftBoiled
Ice Beam (Sorry, no ST for me (They are so annoying in FR SafariZone :()
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave

In-Game Gible Breeding

I guess the following would fall under the category of a breeding question.

I've been trying to catch a female Jolly Gible with good stats (preferably near-perfect of better in Physical Attack and Speed) for battling the Elite Four and for breeding more high-quality future Garchomps, and I've acquired what seem to be three promising candidates(out of a total of five thus far):

#3: Jolly, Alert to sounds.
-----L17 Gible
-----Hit Points: 50
-----Physical Attack: 33
-----Physical Defense: 24
-----Special Attack: 20
-----Special Defense: 25
-----Speed: 26

-----L50 Garchomp
-----Hit Points: 180
-----Physical Attack: 149
-----Physical Defense: 112
-----Special Attack: 88
-----Special Defense: 105
-----Speed: 134

#4: Jolly, Likes to thrash about.
-----L17 Gible
-----Hit Points: 50
-----Physical Attack: 34
-----Physical Defense: 25
-----Special Attack: 19
-----Special Defense: 20
-----Speed: 26

-----L50 Garchomp
-----Hit Points: 180
-----Physical Attack: 150
-----Physical Defense: 115
-----Special Attack: 85
-----Special Defense: 92
-----Speed: 133

#5: Lonely, Alert to sounds.
-----L17 Gible
-----Hit Points: 48
-----Physical Attack: 37
-----Physical Defense: 18
-----Special Attack: 18
-----Special Defense: 23
-----Speed: 24

-----L50 Garchomp
-----Hit Points: 174
-----Physical Attack: 165
-----Physical Defense: 93
-----Special Attack: 85
-----Special Defense: 100
-----Speed: 122

I obtained their L50 stats by leveling them up with Rare Candies after saving upon capture. I have yet to give them *any* EVs.

So which, if any, of these little land sharks is the best for my plans? Thanks in advance.

If you aren't up for looking up IVs and calculate moves, contact a breeder to breed you a good Garchomp. I believe I've got several adamant ones with DD and Earthquake kicking around. I think I have to replace the IVs on them as the ditto I was breeding with had terrible IVs.

Why don't you use an IV Calculator.

Considering that you seem to have an unlimited amount of Rare Candies you'd get a pretty accurate reading if you use this:

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx

Not exactly unlimited(I'm down to 33), but I may as well be thanks to Ambipom and selective saving.

I used the calculator, and it more-or-less told me what I already suspected:

1. The three Gible each have two near-perfect or better stats(IV 30-31 or IV 31 outright).

2. The Jolly ones each have one other stat that is IV 28-29(#3's is Physical Attack, #4's is Speed); #3 has no IV below 24-25.

3. Lonely #5 has perfect Physical Attack and Speed, medium Special Defense(IV20-21), and garbage everywhere else.

That leaves me with more data than I had before, but still with not enough *information*. Again, which of these would be the best for battling the Elite Four and for eventual breeding(I'm not going to even think about breeding via Ditto until I can get a Ditto with the personality/stats that I need for that, which won't be for quite a while yet)? Or should I pick up my Jolly Alakazam and head back to Wayward Cave? Again, thanks in advance.

It would be helpful if you gave us all the IVs so we can tell you whihc one is good for breeding :/

It also depends on whether you want your Garchomp to be mixed or full physical. For all its stats, other than speed, perfection isn't needed. Anything +27, those four stats are almost always negligible. Since you are breeding though, go for one with the best attack and speed you can get with everything else mid 20s or higher.

As for the Elite 4, one does not need to prepare as much as you are doing to beat them. Why you are looking for a specific natured Garchomp for breeding with Ditto is beyond me, it is Ditto's nature that will always take priority.

Rather than wasting your rare candies, save, use them, write down the stats then turn off without saving.

^^^^^Now we're talking!

IV-wise, they are:
#3:
-----Hit Points: 24-25
-----Phys. Attack: 28-29
-----Phys. Defense: 24-25
-----Spec. Attack: 26-27
-----Spec. Defense: 30-31
-----Speed: 31

#4:
-----Hit Points: 24-25
-----Phys. Attack: 31
-----Phys. Defense: 30-31
-----Spec. Attack: 20-21
-----Spec. Defense: 4-5
-----Speed: 28-29

#5:
-----Hit Points: 12-13
-----Phys. Attack: 30-31
-----Phys. Defense: 8-9
-----Spec. Attack: 0-1
-----Spec. Defense: 20-21
-----Speed: 31

I have no plans to use a Chain Chomp or Specs Chomp, so all physical---though I *am* considering having either Stealth Rock or Swords Dance on the ones that I breed---is the route I'm going with this line.

I believe in working on the preparations for the Battle Tower and for wireless battling *while* I'm getting ready to face the E4; its largely about killing as many birds---or dragons in this case---as possible with one stone for me.

Rappak's the one who brought up Ditto, not I; as stated before, however, I *am* thinking to use variants on the physical theme(the overused Swords Dance/Outrage combo might just be worth trying out, and there's an attacking Stealth Rock version that caught my eye when I was reading a warstory on the Smogon forums). Besides, Ditto would only really be useful to me in this case for getting imprved version of Gible #5. XD

Way to throw back the last line of my first post back at me, by the way. Though I *am* grateful for the rest of the post, so thanks anyway.

Honestly, where are you getting these ._.

The first one obviously, it meets the criteria of perfect speed, and has defenses to die for, and its attack is great. I honestly don't even know why you needed help choosing that.

Outrage D631041 said:
D;Honestly, where are you getting these ._.

Getting which ones?

The IVs: The IV calculator you posted a link to, Outrage.

The Gible trio: Wayward cave.

The Rare Candies: L51 Agilipass/HM Slave Ambipom's Pickup.

The Stats: For the L17 Gibles, I compared them to a list of stats I copied by hand off of Marriland's stat calculator. For the L50 Garchomps, it was the save-then-level-up-like-mad technique I had mentioned before.

Outrage D631041 said:
The first one obviously, it meets the criteria of perfect speed, and has defenses to die for, and its attack is great. I honestly don't even know why you needed help choosing that.

I needed help (at least, I thought that I did) because I was under the impression that I should go for *perfect* IVs in the stats that I absolutely needed(in this case, Phys. Attack and Speed), and hope for good stats everywhere else. #3 had two perfect stats and the personality I wanted, but the Phys. Attack was (at L17) was off by just one point, which was just enough to have me wondering if I couldn't do better(and thus, attempting to do exactly that to less avail than I'd hoped). I must admit to being quite surprised at just *how* close to perfect the Phys. Attack stat on her really was. Go figure.

Base 120+ stats really *are* all that and a hill of beans, aren't they?

I'm about to try to spread around Toxic. Is Toxic a good move to try to spread around? How much competitive use does it see?

Well you know, they do have a type of team named after toxic, TSSR, toxic/sandstorm/stealth rock and spikes.

Combined with entry hazards, toxic becomes very useful, and it can drag out evil pink blogs to use Aromatherapy.

Well you know, they do have a type of team named after toxic, TSSR, toxic/sandstorm/stealth rock and spikes.

Combined with entry hazards, toxic becomes very useful, and it can drag out evil pink blogs to use Aromatherapy.

This sounds intriguing...what pokemon typically make up a team like this?

Well a Pokemon who has Sand veil for one

A Pokemon who can rapid spin

One who can spike

One who can spread status

A ghost to block Rapid Spinners

Usually a wish passer/cleric/other support Pokemon to support the walls

Pokemon to cover your weakness (but that's in all teams)

Sometimes a sweeper to clean up the mess, but if your good at the stall tactic, you can usually just stall.

Their purposes can also be doubled up on one Pokemon

I was thinking of using Platinum's MT move Earth power on Swampert's mixpert set. I'd change it's nature from Relaxed to Bold and probibly invest in some sp.att.

Opinions?
Ev spread?

What exactly is going to be physical then? Ice Beam to Avalance or Surf/Hydro Pump to waterfall? The water move itself is better off being special and I'm sure Salamence would work towards its strong points and strengthen physical defense to help it wall other Pokemon.

There are more physical walls in this metagame than special ones and a few of them float, so keeping a special water move is better. The only thing I can see worht moving to physical is the ice move, but I am sure that there is more of a guaranteed kill with Ice Beam.

Well I never thaught about the phisical move but i'm certain Salamence wouldn't stay in on a Swampert and I think it could get the OHKO anyway.

I'm gunna give that set a rain check, it doesn't really seem to make much sence purely using its weaker offence without Specs :/

Well a Pokemon who has Sand veil for one

A Pokemon who can rapid spin

One who can spike

One who can spread status

A ghost to block Rapid Spinners

Usually a wish passer/cleric/other support Pokemon to support the walls

Pokemon to cover your weakness (but that's in all teams)

Sometimes a sweeper to clean up the mess, but if your good at the stall tactic, you can usually just stall.

Their purposes can also be doubled up on one Pokemon
Might I add Cradily with it's high Defences, 1.5 SpDef boost in SS and the ability to use Toxic is a very good choice.

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting but I have a question...
I realised the Mudkip and Ttar are in the same egg group which was a huge IV advantage for me (Having a Ttar with flawless iv's in Attack, speed, hp and defence). I bred a Mudkip with a few dittos and resulted in a 'Kip with flawless Sp.Att and Sp.Def.

Breeding the Mudkip with a Ttar, I filled a box full of eggs. Hatching the eggs, i sived through them and these are probibly the best 3.

C Mudkip - #258 (Relaxed)
HP: 22
Att: 31
Def: 25 - 26
SpA: 30
SpD: 31
Speed: 10

D Mudkip - #258 (Relaxed)
HP: 29
Att: 30
Def: 31
SpA: 14
Speed: 31

J Mudkip - #258 (Relaxed)
HP: 31
Att: 27 - 28
Def: 13
SpA: 6
Speed: 31

Now, like the guy with Garchomp, I need advice on which one is the best for a Mix Pert. Help? :eek:

I'd choose C due to its stats being the most well-rounded out of all of them, except for Speed. But it's Relaxed anyway, so does it matter? =P

I think this qualifies as an RMT question...

With the advent of the Move Tutor coming out in Platinum, did Mespirit get any moves that would make a Jolly nature feasible to use (elemental punches or something, perhaps)?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom