• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

Thank you.

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

Would a Battle Frontier team be considered an 'in-game team'?

Is Dragon Claw really worth it? I bumped my Giratina's ATK stat via EVs and nature, and it has Shadow Force. I would say I use Shadow Force most of the time because it does so much damage - certainly more than Dragon Claw, even against dragon - so should I just get rid of Dragon Claw and replace it with something else or keep it around "just in case?"

You should not use Shadow Force. Unless you're not being competitive.

Would a Battle Frontier team be considered an 'in-game team'?

While it technically is, people don't mind rating them outside of the In-Game thread, since they actually require strategy and not just "level them more and buy tons of items".

Wait - dammit. Sorry about the double post there, I completely forgot what I was doing.

Is Blaze Kick on Blaziken useful at all. I used to use it as it previously was its signature move and had quite a bit of success as long as it didn't miss.

Is Blaze Kick on Blaziken useful at all. I used to use it as it previously was its signature move and had quite a bit of success as long as it didn't miss.

If you're playing D/P/Pt, Blaze Kick is a physical move, and works off of Blaziken's good Attack stat. It's a good option over Flare Blitz if you don't like the recoil.

Is Dragon Claw really worth it? I bumped my Giratina's ATK stat via EVs and nature, and it has Shadow Force. I would say I use Shadow Force most of the time because it does so much damage - certainly more than Dragon Claw, even against dragon - so should I just get rid of Dragon Claw and replace it with something else or keep it around "just in case?"

Generally I would use both as they are STAB moves and hit most Ubers for either neutral or Super-Effective damage. Since there are a lot of Dragon and Psychic types in Ubers, I would think both moves would be pretty useful. A x2 Dragon Claw does outpower a neutral Shadow Force.

You should not use Shadow Force. Unless you're not being competitive.

I don't know man, I have seen a lot of Giratina using Shadow Force successfully. There really aren't any normal types in Ubers outside of Blissey, so there isn't always a decent switch in to the attack. It's sheer power also helps too, as most disappear/attack moves have crap base power or less than perfect accuracy. I believe Shadow Force hits through Protect as well?

well, if you opponent protects, and you disapear, then you get an attack.
if you opponent attacks, and survives, then you disapear, and they protect, then you get a free hit, (breaks protect).
are you using gira-o or a regular one?

well, if you opponent protects, and you disapear, then you get an attack.
if you opponent attacks, and survives, then you disapear, and they protect, then you get a free hit, (breaks protect).
are you using gira-o or a regular one?

Gira-O

If my Pokemon uses a one-time item like a Pinch Berry or a Focus Sash in the Battle Frontier or in a DS Wireless (not Wi-Fi) battle, do I lose the item? I would assume not for Wireless, but...

you dont lose it in either

What's a good all-in-one good counters to a pseudo legenday I know that because of movesets and IVs and EVs this question becomes very vague, but in general, what would it be?
Additionally, knowing good counters, what would the best pseudo be in your opinion? I know that without actually having the remainder of the team it's hard to know, but, in general, what would it be?
I personally think it's either Dragonite or Metagross. Godd counters, maybe Blissey? Successfully walling them could work out well.

What's a good all-in-one good counters to a pseudo legenday I know that because of movesets and IVs and EVs this question becomes very vague, but in general, what would it be?
Additionally, knowing good counters, what would the best pseudo be in your opinion? I know that without actually having the remainder of the team it's hard to know, but, in general, what would it be?
I personally think it's either Dragonite or Metagross. Godd counters, maybe Blissey? Successfully walling them could work out well.

Swampert Ice Beams Dragonite
Swampert Earthquakes Tyranitar
Swampert Ice Beams Salamence
Swampert Earthquakes Metagross
Swampert Ice Beams Garchomp

Tyranitar has to switch out of Swampert, Salamence loses the damage fight against Swampert, Metagross usually explodes on swampert or switches out, Swampert walls off Dragonite, basically the same as Salamence.
Scizor is good at killing weakened Salamences, Garchomps, and Dragonites. It is good for killing Tyranitars overall usually. However, all the pseudolegendaries could be carrying a fire move (flamethrower, fire blast, fire fang), so it'd only be for revenge killing.
Other bulky water types including Ice Beam Suicune and Slowbro are somewhat reliable counters.
In the case of the Dragon pseudolegendaries (Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp), if you bait an Outrage, you can switch into a steel type and kill the dragon from there.

Metagross without thunderpunch (most don't carry it) is countered by any bulky water: Vaporeon, slowbro, Suicune, Swampert. It is also killed by any fire types that carry Occa berry (reduces ground damage). Moltres and Charizard are not affected by earthquake, so they would force metagross to die or switch out, unless the metagross is carrying thunderpunch (pretty rare). Skarmory can also force a metagross out and set up if the metagross is not carrying thunderpunch. Zapdos with Heat Wave (common) counters metagross pretty hard as well.

Blissey is not a good pseudolegendary counter because Blissey is a Special wall, and the pseudolegendaries usually run Physical or Mix sets. (For example, a mixmence would carry earthquake or brick break that would kill blissey).

Objectively, the "best" pseudolegendary would be Garchomp because of STAB Earthquake and STAB outrage, and thus has placement in Ubers instead of OU.

Last edited:

Can rotom be in an appliance during a Wifi Battle or DS wireless battle? More importantly, can a rotom be in an appliance during a VGC match?

Edit:
NVM I found proof that you can.

28aopk6.jpg

Last edited:

Can rotom be in an appliance during a Wifi Battle or DS wireless battle? More importantly, can a rotom be in an appliance during a VGC match?

No you need a code for that which can only be obtained through a cheating device. So no you can't use them on WiFi and if you used them in a VGC match you'd be disqualified.

and if you used them in a VGC match you'd be disqualified.

Wrong; this year they're allowing the Rotom appliances for the VGC tournaments because they aren't anymore event Pokémon in HGSS, and of course you can use them in the Colosseum Club (local wireless matches), even with Flat Battle mode which is the default format Nintendo and TPC(i) are running.

I have a question This is more related to the B&ST- to the mods, can I post a Warstory about this tournament I entered in 2004 of which I found some videos on my comp and thus reviving my memories?

Hi guys! From RMT to BST!

After much deliberation, it was decided that this section would fit much more within the Battle Center than the Video Game section, as it pertained to battling.

What are the updates, you might be asking yourself?

Well, simply put, we are expanding the content allowed in here. Formerly only RMT's, now this section covers warstories and general meta discussion.

Meaning, If you've got a great new team that needs work, post it here!

Had a great battle you'd like to share? Post it here!

Want to discuss the newest UU pokemon? Here's the place to do so!

The only thing I ask is that warstories be marked so in the title, and RMT's be marked RMT in the title.

I do ask that comments remain constructive.

This is not a place to ask for battles. Please post that in the correct section.

Questions? Comments?

Thanks,
-DCM and the Battle Strategy & Tactics crew

so I'm pretty sure its yes. Also, I didnt know you played back in '04 badal, you were like 7 then.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom