• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Ahh, so since you're slower, you would get hit first but then use baton pass on your turn and switch something in (presumably faster that your opponent)? That makes sense, although I wonder how viable it is... ? I guess you would have to have something that has trouble switching in or something.

Help developing a team

Im trying to develop a casual battling team so my choices are based on favorite pokemon for a large part but i still want to win some battles so can someone give me a reccomendation. i havent leveled the 2 pokemon i know ill have so im open to suggestions.

the only 2 pokemon i have planned out already are as follows

Milotic- Ice beam, water pulse, recover, double team
Lapras, curse, waterfall, body slam, confuse ray

Im open for any and all criticism!

Now that I read over it, yes i know i'm really late on that, it isn't what I need. I'm trying to figure out where things like Gabite would go or Porygon2 would go as I'm thinking about using those two in a UU or a BL tourney but I'm not sure where they are placed. Pikachu is one of the few unevolved pokemon that is on the teir list competatively. Is it that all unevolved pokemon are in NU, even though they could be in UU or maybe even in BL?
No, Unevolved Pokemon, except for Magikarp, are in their evolved form's tier.

No, Unevolved Pokemon, except for Magikarp, are in their evolved form's tier.

No thet aren't. Most NFEs aren't even registered into tiers thus are usually able to play in even the lowest tiers, which causes some problems with things like Pupatar in UU.

Skuntank @ ???: Aftermath
Hasty; 252 Atk, 204 Spd, 54 SpAtk
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Toxic

What would be a better item for this set, Life Orb or Toxic Sludge?

its been 18 days and i havent gotten a reply on my rmt thread.
What can I do to actually get someone to look at it?
And Ive bumped it 4 times

How about 'be patient'? The reason why I haven't really rated it is because I'm not the greatest with OU-ish teams, so yeah. <_<;

Actually go up and ask someone? Don't put all your rates in one forum? Wait until February because I kind of feel bad rating teams when I don't do home work? Assume its perfect and be on your way?

I doubt it, but if you're using anything use BrightPowder because iirc it's better.

I have a Timid Houndour I Pal Parked from my Emerald game, and I have not trained him at all. His trait is 'Somewhat of a Clown.' According to the natures and traits guide on this site, that means his speed IV could be 3, 8, 13, 18, 23, or 28. Is there any way, outside of an IV calculator, to figure out which of those numbers it is? If not, can someone give a link to a decent IV calculator?

Also, I know I can stuff him full of Rare Candies, then plug his stats into an IV calculator, but could that also work if I put him in the Daycare and record what his stats are when I take him out?

i do daycare and it works perfect

level ten will get you the exact IV most of the time

and i use metalkids calculator
type it in on google and its the first one

level ten will get you the exact IV most of the time

If the pokemon is AT level 10, or 10 levels above wherever you start trying to calculate IVs? Because that Houndour's at level 36...

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Never mind...I found them out. :-( guess I won't be competing with this guy

metalkid's Iv calculator said:
Houndour - #228 (Timid)
HP: 23
Att: 18
Def: 17
SpA: 0
SpD: 19
Speed: 23

Timid #228 Houndour: 23 / 18 / 17 / 0 / 19 / 23

Hidden Power Type is 'Grass'. Hidden Power Power is 57.

That Special Attack Iv....owwwwwwww...

Last edited:
To add to the earlier post about NFEs, I think there are 5 Pokémon that are NFE that are actually in UU... there might be more but here are the ones I can think of:

Trapinch
- UU Dugtrio (It's actually got a higher attack by 20 points)
Pikachu- I believe that Pikachu holding a Light Ball has more attack power than Raichu with a Life Orb... could be wrong
Clamperl- For Trick Room teams. I want to say that I read somewhere that a DeepSeaTooth-equipped Clamperl has more SpA power than Kyogre when running a +SpA nature
Vigoroth- Weaker Slaking, but no Truant
Scyther- Faster than Scizor and a good Baton Passer

Am I forgetting any?

Who is the best tank? are there any mixed tanks?

Snorlax would probably be your best bet for a MIXED tank...but there are other pokemon, like Blissey and Skarmory, that can take specific special or physical hits better. Some 'bulky waters' are usually pretty good 'mixed' tanks - examples include Milotic, Suicune, Swampert, and Vaporeon.

Hard question,

Which would you perfer more:

A pokemon with great stats with some 29s or higher and one of the 29s is in the stat you want, but wrong nature

Or

A pokemon with ok stats, nothing above 25 but nothing below 10 with the right nature you want?

What is the range for tolerance in stats that you like and are willing to put up with without wanting to rebreed/catch?

Edit: And most importantly, WHY? Also, should I spilt this into a new thread?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom