• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I've got a choice specs Luke, it works incredibly well to be honest, especially with SD running so rampant it catches alot of people by surprise.

Also, specs luke comes in handy, considering aura sphere 2ko's the new blisseys. Otherwise, I prefer SD Luke since Extremespeed lets it pick off weakened pokemon, while vacuum wave doesnt to the same extent

I've made an "Always-my-turn" Ambipom with the moves Fake Out/Fling/U-turn/Double Hit, and holding a King's Rock. My question is whether it would be better to keep Double Hit, or to replace it with Fury Swipes for higher flinch rate but less power and accuracy?

Also, if this Ambipom uses U-turn and safely switches, will that attack still have a chance to flinch?

i have a question
is it possible to preform a stall team around acid rain?
(i no that it could lock in pkmn like cherrim/castform and ruin it for both sides)
but is there anyway that i could abuse the glitch in competitive play?

Stallrein becomes even more stall-y with all four weather conditions healing it. (At full HP, it gets damaged, then healed again.) That's a way to abuse Acid Rain.

damn that guy is good at stall
;P
do u know an easier way to start the acid rain up?
the easiest that i can think of is TTar with pursuit

That is actually the easiest way. ScarfTar that catches something with Pursuit will start the glitch.

I've made an "Always-my-turn" Ambipom with the moves Fake Out/Fling/U-turn/Double Hit, and holding a King's Rock. My question is whether it would be better to keep Double Hit, or to replace it with Fury Swipes for higher flinch rate but less power and accuracy?

Also, if this Ambipom uses U-turn and safely switches, will that attack still have a chance to flinch?

Double Hit with Technician Ambipom is standard. Definitely keep it. And yes, U-turn will have a chance to flinch if you attack first. Read this for more information.

It's certainly useful as a lead in UU. Especially for me. Everone expects Fake Out, and I use the surprise factor to set up Agility and Nasty Plot, then BP it for an Octillery sweep.

If that ain't useful, I don't know what is.

I got a Timid Eevee with a max speed iv and Hidden Power Water(70). What should I evolve it to and what moveset?

I got a Timid Eevee with a max speed iv and Hidden Power Water(70). What should I evolve it to and what moveset?

Espeon or jolteon, but there are generally better options than HP water, however I'd say it'd probably be best to run on jolteon to hit ground types hard who're coming in to absorb a thunderbolt.

Probably something like
Jolteon@life orb
Timid
252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-HP water
-Charge Beam/Bpass.

Espeon or jolteon, but there are generally better options than HP water, however I'd say it'd probably be best to run on jolteon to hit ground types hard who're coming in to absorb a thunderbolt.

Probably something like
Jolteon@life orb
Timid
252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-HP water
-Charge Beam/Bpass.

Would Signal Beam work for the last move? Also, would equipping Choice Specs/Scarf be a good idea?

choice scarf isn't really too wise given jolteons already scathing speed, particularly considering that he's timid too. specs is always a great option on jolteon.

I never thought I'd see someone use the word "scathing" to describe a pokemon's speed.

Substitute could work in the last spot with a Life Orb to ease prediction and create a buffer, as Jolteon will cause a lot of switches.

As useful as that sounds, I should point this out: without Wish support or Volt Absorb abuse, Substitute + Life Orb = suicide.

One question that just occurred to me. Why don't people give LeadApe Taunt? Is it because Azelf outclasses it there, or...?

because it is too frail if it uses taunt it will die to thenext attack. It isn't so much a scuicied lead as it is a scout, and as such it doesnt want to die. Fake out + attack kills most leads anyways, so you really dont need taunt. I suppose you could try it out if you wanted

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom