• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

The only thing I'd change about Ninetales is Extrasensory being changed to Dark Pulse.

You'll never see a Scizor with Bug Bite. It doesn't learn it. It DOES get Silver Wind, although you'll never see a Scizor with it unless it's a joke. That would get a base power of 135, counting Technician and STAB.

Why change extrasensory to dark pulse ? Also does a flame orb immediately activate the flash fire ability ?

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

A) Dark Pulse has more coverage
B) Flame Orb has no effect
C) Don't double post. Just edit your last one <_<

Another question...
Is this a good ev spread for ninetales
MODEST natuure -252speed/252spatk/4def , also whsts a good item for nintales to hold ? sorry about all the questions...

Timid, and Life Orb. Other than that it's good.

Here's my question:

Weather Ball has a base power of 50.
Let's say Sunny Day is used. Weather Ball becomes Fire-type and it's base power doubles to 100.
Intense Sunlight increases the power of Fire-type moves by 50%.

Does Weather Ball's damage then increase from 100 damage to 150?

This quote comes from Castform's Rain Dance analysis on Smogon:

"Weather Ball is 100 base power, and you get a boost from STAB and the weather."

So it looks like it does get a boost. And if you're talking about Castform, I guess the fact that it's a Normal-type move gives it STAB.

Thanks. I'm actually referring to Roserade, who of course wouldn't receive a STAB. But since Weather Ball is a Fire-type move (after Sunny Day), it should logically receive the 50% boost from the weather, thus giving Roserade a nice 150 base power Fire attack, in addition to a one-turn STAB SolarBeam.

Last edited:

So it looks like it does get a boost. And if you're talking about Castform, I guess the fact that it's a Normal-type move gives it STAB.

Weather Ball's type, along with Castform's changes with the weather and that's why it gets STAB from it.

Roserade wouldn't get STAB, just weather power.

Oh yeah, forgot (again) that Castform's type changes.

I used to think that it was just its form that changed.

Before I possibly screw up, is this the correct topic for asking after movesets, or do I start an individual new topic to ask after such things?

If you only have 1 or 2 movesets ask here , if you have a full team make a topic.

How much of damage increase do the plates do ? Also if I sketched judgement onto smeargle and gave it a psychic plate , would judgement become a psychic type ?

The plates give a x1.2 increase in damage to moves of the same type as it. And yes, Judgment would become a psychic type. Judgment is always at least an effective 120 power move on a Pokemon holding a plate.

So I'm thinking of making a Bellyzard team. Can anyone give me suggestions on the best Pokemon for luring out bulky waters? Especially if they can surprise KO them.

ok say 1 have a porygonZ with adability , and its holding the choice specs , what would the base power of hyper beam be ?

It would be 506 power. But don't use that. The second turn then becomes useless. Two turns of Tri Attack instead gives you effective combined total of 540 power. Plus, you have the option to switch out on the second turn should they switch in a counter.

Also, although Adaptability always raises the power of your normal moves, Download is generally the better option. Download will raise your SpAtk one stage if you switch in correctly, which works out to the same boost, only applied to all of your moves and not just the normal type ones.

Bold (+Def -Atk), Modest (+SpAtk -Atk), Timid (+Spd -Atk) and Calm (+SpDef -Atk) would all work for Shaymin.

Is there anybody that has platinum and can teach my GALLADE ice punch ?

This is kind of a weird question.

In Diamond and Pearl, Hypnosis has 70% accuracy.

In Platinum, Hypnosis has 60% accuracy.

If I was playing Diamond, and I battled a friend playing Platinum, how much accuracy would Hypnosis have?

Would my Hypnosis have 70% accuracy, and my friend's Hypnosis only 60% accuracy?

How would that work?

Bold (+Def -Atk), Modest (+SpAtk -Atk), Timid (+Spd -Atk) and Calm (+SpDef -Atk) would all work for Shaymin.

To expand on that, Sky Form should only really be using Modest or Timid, though Timid is probably better for it. Lande Forme can use all the natures because of its base stats allowing it to be offensive or defensive.

Is there anybody that has platinum and can teach my GALLADE ice punch ?

Yes, there is a Move Tutor on Route 212 who wil take two Red Shards and six Blue Shards.

If I was playing Diamond, and I battled a friend playing Platinum, how much accuracy would Hypnosis have?

Would my Hypnosis have 70% accuracy, and my friend's Hypnosis only 60% accuracy?

How would that work?

I believe it would go by Platinum's accuracy, though I am not 100% sure on this.

To expand on that, Sky Form should only really be using Modest or Timid, though Timid is probably better for it. Lande Forme can use all the natures because of its base stats allowing it to be offensive or defensive.

Yes, there is a Move Tutor on Route 212 who wil take two Red Shards and six Blue Shards.

I believe it would go by Platinum's accuracy, though I am not 100% sure on this.

Bulbapedia says that it will use Platinum's accuracy

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom