• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

So to successfully add EVs to a pokemon you have to faint a certain amount of wild pokemon that yield the correct EV for your pokemon?

Ramaparados does both. CB headsmash will KO skarmory. Unfortunetly the recoil will kill you back. Normal wall breakers include Infernape, Tentacruel, etc. For more info on wall breaking read this.

As for glass cannon, why do you want one on your team again? I would say Infernape is the most practicle, but ramparados, honchkrow, and pikachu all fit the bill.

If a Pokemon holding a Gem attacks a Pokemon behind Protect, does the Gem get used?

I was wondering what nature/EV spread you guys think would be good for a Celebi using Nasty Plot and Giga Drain together.

I have a Celebi (not saved yet) with a modest nature and an IV spread of 26 14 31 16 30 30 so I'm trying to figure out if that would work well before I go flushing it away.

I have a hasty shiny sandile with a speed iv of 31. Would someone recommend a set I could use for it?

edit: It's ability is moxie.

Last edited:
It could be a good late game sweeper, but the -def nature hurts it otherwise. I would use a CS set. Does it has intimidate or Moxie, since intimidate really is pointless on it. Moxie lets it keep sweeping with a scarf.

name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Moxie
nature: hasty
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

It could be a good late game sweeper, but the -def nature hurts it otherwise. I would use a CS set. Does it has intimidate or Moxie, since intimidate really is pointless on it. Moxie lets it keep sweeping with a scarf.

name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Moxie
nature: hasty
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Thanks, I'll use that set, but I'm replacing pursuit with outrage because the sandile is wild-caught so can't learn pursuit, an egg move.

Warubiaru/whatever the fuck Sandile's final evo is called is fragile without Intimidate anyways. Hasty should work fine with the set listed. Make sure Landlos, Gliscor, Skarm, and Virizion are dead.

Best way for a beginner to battle

Hey guys, first post here.
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place and I apologize if I'm not.. but anyways, here goes:

I've been playing pokemon since the release of red and blue versions so I'm no beginner to the games.
I've recently beaten the elite for (for the first time) in Black version.
I'm no pro at EV training or breeding or anything like that...

So my question is: Where's a good place for me to start battling other real life trainers via wifi?

You can go into the Pokemon Center, and go upstairs and the lady on the far right. Talk to her and you can do this thing called a "Random Matchup" and you will fight random, but real people over WiFi.

You can also make a thread here or here. If you do make sure to read any rules first.

Cool. Thanks for the response. Here's another 'simple' question lol:

I've played pokemon via wifi many times. On platinum, soul silver, and even black.
But at my own house I get error code 51300. Any advice?

I was actually on that exact page about an hour ago. It wasn't helpful at all. I can get on other wifi spots but not my own for some reason. I know I am entering the correct wep key but I still get the error code.

I was actually on that exact page about an hour ago. It wasn't helpful at all. I can get on other wifi spots but not my own for some reason. I know I am entering the correct wep key but I still get the error code.

Does your nternet hav a WEP pass or a WPA?

Conkeldurr (Roobushin) Strategy

Hello all, I'm just putting up this thread to get input from you all on my strategy for my Conkeldurr. All advice and criticism is welcome. Thanks.

Conkeldurr:

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 6 HP
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
Item: Flame Orb

Moveset:

Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Bulk Up
Fling

My strategy here is that the burn from the flame orb raises its already maxed attack another 30% and in case a psychic is sent out to sweep me, I can hopefully take it out with fling as it is a dark type. In addition, I can steal a lot of HP with attack raised drain punch, especially if I get in a Bulk Up. I have considered other options as well, such as payback/assurance rather than fling as I will most likely move second due to lack of speed, and a higher base stat for the attack. I have the same issue with lack of speed for bulk up, and don't know when I would be able to get it off. I was also debating as to whether or not I should max its defense rather than attack, as the attack will be raised by Guts. Please let me know what you think.

~DENOHZEE

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom