• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: Need a good Gen V team,any suggestions?

You should try Oshawott or Snivy. Tepig isn't very good because of Sawk & Throh also being Fighting types & Pansear is a Fire type.

Re: Need a good Gen V team,any suggestions?

Yeh, depends what you want it for, but some good Generation 5 Pokemon would include:
Carracosta
Archen
Reuniclus
Lilligant
Whimsicott
Excadrill
Chandelure
Krookadile
Musharna
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Zoroark
Jellicent
Ferrothorn
Mienshao
Bravieay
Mandibuzz
Hydreigon

Those are just the best ones in my opinion, I know there are a lot, but it just kinda depends on what you like/need.

Seeing as this is competitive, what would your team be? (Weather, etc.)

Maybe you should check out Smogon first. As they have articles on weather, and tiers and such.

Hope I helped.

i need your opinion i got axew with iv 31 atk and 31 speed and is adamant i dont know any good moves for it so far i got brick break, earthquake,and i need a dragon attack i am stuck between dragon claw or outraged what is ur opinion?

i need your opinion i got axew with iv 31 atk and 31 speed and is adamant i dont know any good moves for it so far i got brick break, earthquake,and i need a dragon attack i am stuck between dragon claw or outraged what is ur opinion?

Your choice of moves should depend on the set you're planning to run. For example, a Choice Band Haxorus can utilize both Dragon Claw and Outrage on the same moveset.

What's a good set for a specially defensive Dusclops wall? I was thinking:

Dusclops@Eviolite
Impish
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Spe
Will 'O Wisp
Rest
Night Shade
Protect

Will 'O Wisp to cushion physical attacks, Rest for healing (as long as nothing can 2HKO), Night Shade to get in some damage and Protect to stall and rack up burn/poison damage. This is on a dedicated stall team, so several other pokemon will be carrying Toxic.

What's a good set for a specially defensive Dusclops wall? I was thinking:

Dusclops@Eviolite
Impish
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Spe
Will 'O Wisp
Rest
Night Shade
Protect

Will 'O Wisp to cushion physical attacks, Rest for healing (as long as nothing can 2HKO), Night Shade to get in some damage and Protect to stall and rack up burn/poison damage. This is on a dedicated stall team, so several other pokemon will be carrying Toxic.

That looks like a good moveset for a stall team. It 1) causes the status, 2) stalls, and 3) can get in a quick hit.

I'm planning on using a Lunatone for the battle subway, and I was wondering on opinions for the following moveset:

Earth Power
Ice Beam
Psychic
Calm Mind / Charge Beam

Any attacking moves you would change? Calm Mind or Charge Beam as a boosting move? (or skip any boosting at all?) Any suggestions for hold items?

I say keep Charge Beam because it's coverage and a stat boosting move in one.

Last edited:
Well, I have this crobat, quite good Ivs (Att,Speed, and SD are 29, 31, 27 respectively) and all, but it's hasty, so defense is lowered for speed. Should I replace it? It's moveset is
Hypnosis
Super fang
Haze
U turn

This strategy okay? It mainly acts as a phazer, support, and sleep inducer. I only use it in the battle faciliities mainly.

Well, I have this crobat, quite good Ivs (Att,Speed, and SD are 29, 31, 27 respectively) and all, but it's hasty, so defense is lowered for speed. Should I replace it? It's moveset is
Hypnosis
Super fang
Haze
U turn

This strategy okay? It mainly acts as a phazer, support, and sleep inducer. I only use it in the battle faciliities mainly.

Hasty's not the worst nature for a Crobat. It's defenses aren't that great anyway. As for it's moveset, I would replace Haze with a Poison move just for more STAB. I don't recall if Crobat gets Poison Fang or not, but that might be a good option.

If a pokemon's holding a Flying Gem and uses the move Acrobatics, is the gem consumed (thus leaving the pokemon with no item and boosting Acrobatics' power) before or after the attack?

I wouldn't have a Poison STAB, as Steel's run rampant this gen. Also Hypnosis is really inacurate. Have you Ev raised it yet?

Feliciano I'm pretty sure the gem is consumed before the attack, so that it gets both boosts.

Its for the battle subway/tower, so they aren't too common, however in competitive play this wouldn't need an attacking move. In the battle facilities you need something to finish off opponents since you only have 3 pokemon. I think competitively its fine but this isn't likely to work in the battle facilities.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom