• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Outrage is unSTABd, and isnt is weaker than stone edge including STAB. Get rid of it, EQ has valuable coverage.

Alright, I had a strategy in mind, but I don't know how well it would work. Here's the idea:

I have Porygon2(@Eviolite) out, and I use Trick Room. Then I switch out a Flareon, who spams Flame Charge whenever possible until Trick Room's effect ends. (OPTIONAL: He uses Sunny Day at some point.) Then, he Baton Passes to a Camerupt, who is now a bit faster thanks to those boosts. Camerupt then proceeds to attack.

Now, I realize that having two of the same type may be a bad thing, so I could abandon the Flareon, and just give Flame Charge to Camerupt. Thing is, though, the camel has access to Rock Polish, so I figured that Flareon would get four boosts and Baton Pass to Camerupt, who could then use Rock Polish once and get to full speed.

So, the questions are:
1.) What can counter this idea before it starts?
2.) What can I use to block these counters?
3.) Should Flareon be dropped?

This has the same problem alot of strategies do, you assume your opponent isnt doing anything. Your opponent will probably switch to a fire resist who can kill flareon once they see it, and use a water/ground/rock type attack. Even if you BP your boosts (presuming you are still slower than a bulky water type or a rock or ground type) camerupt will still get ko'd. Not to mention camerupt isnt doing much damage even with a speed boost, if it did, you would see RP Camerupt as often as you see RP terrakion.

OK, but I was going to use this particular Camerupt with Solid Rock and holding an Absorb Bulb. About the Flareon, I could instead Baton Bass to my counter to the other guy's Fire-resister, knock it out, then switch Flareon in again safely, right? Or would it need heavy investment in Defense beforehand?

Here's how I think this would go.

Player 1 uses trick room with porygon2 (or whatever)
Player 2 switches to Conkelldurr
Player 1 switches to Flareon
Player 2 nails flareon with a strong fighting type attack, which will probably 2ko meaning the stratey wont work.

Now lets say for arguments sake it wasn't a strong pokemon and instead something like skarmory who obviously cant KO flareon.

Player 1 uses trick room with porygon2 (or whatever)
Player 2 switches to Skarmory
Player 1 switches to Flareon
Player 2 uses Spikes
player 2 switches to terrakion
Player 1 uses nitro charge (well, you are screwed even if you BP now, right?)
Player 1 switches to Terrakion counter
Player 2 attacks and does little damage, or uses SD
Player 2 switches out again
Player 1 does nothing much

and now we are back to stage 1, with TR running out and they got a layer of spikes. your opponent will switch out, so you cant rely on trying to kill their counter in a sure fire way. Not to mention both flareon and camerupt aren't doing much damage anyways.

It's probably a better idea to just use proven strategies with good Pokemon rather than to rely on gimmick strategies with bad Pokemon like Flareon and Camerupt.

Espeon or vaporeon?

So I am looking for a good baton passer for my team
and I eventually came up with
either
Vaporeon
substitute
baton pass
wish
surf
OR
Espeon
Calm mind
Physic
substitute
baton pass
but I don't know witch to chose please help :look:
any other suggestions acepted :yawn:

I'd go with Espeon, considering it has a unique thing that makes it different than other Baton Passers.

Well as a Baton Passer, Espeon is a much better choice because it's faster, I also suggest giving Espeon the ability "Magic Bounce" as it can help keep entry hazards off of your side of the field.

Re: Espeon or vaporeon?

So I am looking for a good baton passer for my team
and I eventually came up with
either
Vaporeon
substitute
baton pass
wish
surf
OR
Espeon
Calm mind
Physic
substitute
baton pass
but I don't know witch to chose please help :look:
any other suggestions acepted :yawn:

Keep both..Vaporeon gives u some of the bulkiest substitutes while, espeon keeps entry hazards and many other things at bay, if its ability is magic bounce..

How can I post a war story if there's such a limited amount of images allowed per post? You do need sprites for war stories -_-

You could try a Mixed attacking Salamence, which can be quite effective.

Salamence @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Rash Nature
132 Atk / 180 SpA / 196 Spe

-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Outrage/Dragon Claw/Roost

Fron IV to V- Please help!

Hi everyone! Can I ask all of you a favor? Well, I have a competitive OU team, but I want some pokemon or their movesets or their items switched from IV to V. Because I don't know anything about the Gen. V metagame, I need some help. Here's my (crippled) team.

Lead:

Metagross@ Iron Ball

Stealth Rock
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Trick

14 hp, 128 atk, 188 def, 164 spdef

Salamence is uber? Missing spot, then.

Starmie item=??? :121:

Flash cannon
rapid spin
Surf
tbolt

94hp, 80def, 120 spatk 216spe

Dusknoir @Leftovers

Gravity
Curse
Meanlook
Dynamicpunch/Willowisp

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Roserade item=???
Spikes
TSpikes
Leaf storm/Grass knot
HP fire

194hp, 60spatk, 130spdef, 120spd

And that's it. Sorry for the extreme sloppiness. :dizzy:

Last edited:
Re: Fron IV to V- Please help!

Remove explosion from metagross and put in a coverage move.Tricking something like a choice band would work better than iron ball.
Replace flash cannon on starmie and put in recover or hydro pump.
Salamence is no longer ubers and also slightly outclassed by dragonite.
Remove gravity,curse and mean look from dusknoir and put in something like pain split,toxic or the elemental punches(not possible if u have already transferred)
Roserade is too fragile to set up spikes.Use something like skarmory or ferrothorn.

Salemence is be more devastating when +1 Spe. at +Spe nature and + 1 Spe it outspends most common counters notably In OU, Lati@s, and in Ubers, Rayquaza, and the such.

Without Hydro Pump and Ddance, it's usefulfulness is sorely decrease by half, Which salemence can only rely on being Scarf, Spec'd, or limited use with mix LO. The only real viable set without dance, would be either a Pure attack set, or limited mix set

Jolly @ Yache Berry or LO
EQ / Outrage / Stone Edge / Hone Claws or Crunch

Naive @ LO
dmeteor / EQ / Outrage / Stone Edge or Fire Blast

Or perhaps a Scarf set. (Only for revenge killing)
Jolly @ Scarf
EQ / Outrage / EQ / Fire Fang

@Focus58

I moved your post to this thread. In the future, please post all of your basic questions here.

I suggest that you take a look at Smogon's fifth generation analyses to give you a better idea of what you should do with your Pokemon. I would like to point out, however, that much of what you posted wouldn't even work well in fourth generation competitive play.

I also noticed that your EV spreads seem rather odd and your Roserade has an illegal moveset of Spikes + Leaf Storm. Consider making those changes first.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom