• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Hello Battle Center.

I was wondering what is a good item to use on Sceptile to trigger Unburden? I wanted Flying Gem for Acrobatics, but gems were removed in XY I believe.

Thoughts?

Hello Battle Center.

I was wondering what is a good item to use on Sceptile to trigger Unburden? I wanted Flying Gem for Acrobatics, but gems were removed in XY I believe.

Thoughts?

There isn't really a good one now until the gems get brought back. I'd say either a berry or Focus Sash.

Normal Gem still exists for what it's worth. You could also try run a somewhat bulkier set with Weakness Policy or Red Card, but Sceptile's pretty frail.

I have some Mawile that have 0IVs on HP, Sp.Atk and Speed.

I'm keeping a Brave Female who's IVs are 31/31/31/0/31/0 for certain to use for the purposes I bred it for, but the others fate lie in whether they can be useful IV breeding stock.

So my question is this: Are there any Pokémon, directly or indirectly connected to the Fairy/Field Egg groups, that may benefit from 0IVs on HP, Sp.Atk and/or Speed?

Nothing can ever benefit from 0IVs in SpAtk, in any Egg Group. It's either important (Special Sweeprs need high SpAtk, duh :D) or irrelevant, depending on the Pokemon, but never useful.

0IVs in HP can be used by Cottonee/Whimsicott for SubSeeding purposes in order to regain as much HP in percentage as possible per turn of Leech Seed, but I would not recommend it, as having extra bulk is better in most cases.

0IVs in Speed can be used by any Gyro Ball user (fingers at Ferrothorn) and by just about anything you would want on a Trick Room team, which could be in any Egg Group. As all Egg Groups except Undiscovered and Ditto are connected, they are all indirectly or directly related to Fairy/Field (especially with Field being a massive Egg Group), and you can pass the IV to pretty much anything. :)

Last edited:
Nothing can ever benefit from 0IVs in SpAtk, in any Egg Group. It's either important (Special Sweeprs need high SpAtk, duh :D) or irrelevant, depending on the Pokemon, but never useful.

0IVs in HP can be used by Cottonee/Whimsicott for SubSeeding purposes in order to regain as much HP in percentage as possible per turn of Leech Seed, but I would not recommend it, as having extra bulk is better in most cases.

0IVs in Speed can be used by any Gyro Ball user (fingers at Ferrothorn) and by just about anything you would want on a Trick Room team, which could be in any Egg Group. As all Egg Groups except Undiscovered and Ditto are connected, they are all indirectly or directly related to Fairy/Field (especially with Field being a massive Egg Group), and you can pass the IV to pretty much anything. :)

So pretty much dump the 0HP Mawile, ok thank you, you were of great help.

Need an answer related to Pokemon Battles

Hello, I have a query. You know for Pokemon competitions in the game and real world, Pokemon are all turned to level 50. I want to know what that does. How does it help balancing the game, and exactly what happens to the stats of the Pokemon above and below level 50. Please answer soon.

Re: Need an answer related to Pokemon Battles

Hello, I have a query. You know for Pokemon competitions in the game and real world, Pokemon are all turned to level 50. I want to know what that does. How does it help balancing the game, and exactly what happens to the stats of the Pokemon above and below level 50. Please answer soon.
stats are reduced down to what they would be at level 50, only within the context of that battle. what other information are you looking for?

Does a Crawdaunt with
Max Speed and a Dragon Dance outspeed
Timid Greninja
252 Speed under Sticky Web?

Assuming the person doesn't have priority.

(Ignore the fact that it's a max speed Crawdaunt lol)

Last edited:
Does a Crawdaunt with
Timid Greninja

No.

Yes it does. Max Timid Greninja at -1 from Sticky Web is 252 Speed, Max Adamant Crawdaunt at +1 from Dragon Dance hits 313.

Does a Crawdaunt with
Timid Greninja

No.

Yes it does. Max Timid Greninja at -1 from Sticky Web is 252 Speed, Max Adamant Crawdaunt at +1 from Dragon Dance hits 313.

He said ignore the fact that its max speed. I'll even bold it for you.

Does a Crawdaunt with
Timid Greninja

No.

He said ignore the fact that its max speed. I'll even bold it for you.

He means "ignore that I'm using max speed Crawdaunt because I know it isn't an optimal set", not "ignore my Speed EVs". If it was the latter he wouldn't have mentioned the max speed at all :p

Oh sorry for the confusion. Thank you both.

I was seeing how much sticky web really changed speed, so I asked about a Pokémon in the range I hoped to outspeed. I probably won't use that set but it's still nice to know.

Ok, Ive had mixed responses about this at other places, so ill ask here:

Is Heliolisk Viable in Competitive? Ive been thinking of using one on a rain team as a middle-late game sweeper.

Heres the set im thinking:
Heliolisk@???
Timid
Dry Skin
-Tbolt
-Grass Knot
-Surf
-Volt Switch

Ok, Ive had mixed responses about this at other places, so ill ask here:

Is Heliolisk Viable in Competitive? Ive been thinking of using one on a rain team as a middle-late game sweeper.

Heres the set im thinking:
Heliolisk@???
Timid
Dry Skin
-Tbolt
-Grass Knot
-Surf
-Volt Switch

No.

I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?

I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?

I would recommend using a Smeargle that Sketched the moves that you want to be bred onto Absol.

I would recommend using a Smeargle that Sketched the moves that you want to be bred onto Absol.

I don't know. Don't you think that a Smeargle isn't a compatible pokemon to be bred with Absol? Last time I checked, Dendenne,Mawile,Lilpup,Herdier,Scoutland,Purrlion,Liepard,Snubble,Grunnble,Linoone,and Skitty were the ones that can breed with Absol.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom